Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

You are saying that other than the specific times when the "Keep Forever" offer is made, you can't keep 22 forever? You would subscribe, and then when you drop it, it all goes away.

My understanding:-

1. If you signed up for the annual Trainz Plus subscription during the "limited offer" period then you also got the retail version of TRS22 (but a separate download was required).
  2. If you later (at least one year later as it was an annual subscription) dropped the subscription you lost Trainz Plus but you will keep TRS22 and could continue to use it - the "keep forever" part.
  3. If you signed up for a Trainz Plus subscription outside of the "limited offer" period and also wanted TRS22, which is a retail only product, then it would be a separate purchase. Dropping the subscription would not stop you from using TRS22.

I have seen nothing to convince me that this understanding is not correct. Incidentally, if I drop my Trainz Plus subscription then my understanding also tells me that Trainz Plus would revert to TRS19PE which is the last retail version of Trainz I purchased before taking up the subscription.

My views

My understanding:-

1. If you signed up for the annual Trainz Plus subscription during the "limited offer" period then you also got the retail version of TRS22 (but a separate download was required).
  2. If you later (at least one year later as it was an annual subscription) dropped the subscription you lost Trainz Plus but you will keep TRS22 and could continue to use it - the "keep forever" part.
  3. If you signed up for a Trainz Plus subscription outside of the "limited offer" period and also wanted TRS22, which is a retail only product, then it would be a separate purchase. Dropping the subscription would not stop you from using TRS22.

I have seen nothing to convince me that this understanding is not correct. Incidentally, if I drop my Trainz Plus subscription then my understanding also tells me that Trainz Plus would revert to TRS19PE which is the last retail version of Trainz I purchased before taking up the subscription.

My views

Actually, you are entitled to a copy of TRS22 as well as a Plus owner.

N3V Games Shop: Simulator Games, Casual Games and Gamer Games (auran.com)

From what I understand, your TRS22+ will default back to base TRS22 and you lose access to any DLC you downloaded during the Plus subscription. If you were to pay your subscription again, you'll gain access to everything you had downloaded before. There's some other software out there that I use that does the same thing. That subscription is a heck of a lot higher than what we pay for annually for Trainz.

Just to clarify what happens on cancellation, previously we would determine which features were enabled in your install based upon your membership status.

However, this led to confusion so we introduced separate builds for TRS19, TRS22, and Trainz Plus.

So now, if you cancel and want to continue with Trainz, you need to install whichever version of Trainz you currently own (or just run one that you've got installed already).

Note that your Trainz Plus local data folder will not be compatible with TRS19 or Platinum, but will work with TRS22.

Gold customers will have a bunch of disabled payware (depending on what you've installed and what you've purchased). It's fine to leave that installed but inactive in case you decide to rejoin for HD Terrain and the other new features coming soon.

It's all quite complicated. I'm a Gold member, just re-subscribed for another year. However, I'm still creating in TRS19 Platinum as I'm concerned I'll lose access to TRS22 completely in a year's time if I don't re-subscribe, including any routes I've created which I will no longer be able to access. I didn't take up the 'offer' as I subscribed to Gold a few days before it commenced, so I don't believe I was eligible. AS I said, it's all very complicated.

Paul

Just to clarify what happens on cancellation, previously we would determine which features were enabled in your install based upon your membership status.

However, this led to confusion so we introduced separate builds for TRS19, TRS22, and Trainz Plus.

So now, if you cancel and want to continue with Trainz, you need to install whichever version of Trainz you currently own (or just run one that you've got installed already).

Note that your Trainz Plus local data folder will not be compatible with TRS19 or Platinum, but will work with TRS22.

Gold customers will have a bunch of disabled payware (depending on what you've installed and what you've purchased). It's fine to leave that installed but inactive in case you decide to rejoin for HD Terrain and the other new features coming soon.

When I quit Gold +Plus for Tinware +Plus I ended up with some routes that were missing dependencies due to 'payware not active', but these were either US or international routes that I wasn't so much bothered about so I just disabled them. None of my Uk steam era DLC is on the rental plan as I purchased most of them some time ago with the PLL Loop Line having been my last purchase. TRS22 I own forever since I went for the special offer at the end of last year.
Tinware +Plus is still affordable on my budget at the moment so I'll see how that goes in 2023 and if I can sustain that.

Last edited:
It's all quite complicated. I'm a Gold member, just re-subscribed for another year. However, I'm still creating in TRS19 Platinum as I'm concerned I'll lose access to TRS22 completely in a year's time if I don't re-subscribe, including any routes I've created which I will no longer be able to access. I didn't take up the 'offer' as I subscribed to Gold a few days before it commenced, so I don't believe I was eligible. AS I said, it's all very complicated.

Paul

Last year those of us already on Gold before the offer was made and renewed part way through the year were still included in the free TRS22 for life as long as still subscribed up to the end of this year.

My apologies for bumping this thread with a sort of unrelated question but is TRS22 going to get a platinum edition version like TRS19 did?

We're still in Alpha testing and experimenting with ways to provide good backwards compatibility along with the best of the new high res detail.
We expect to get a new Alpha build out in the next few weeks.

Is the HD terrain out? I have trainz plus and i dont see the option to change the baseboards...?

The only current options to change the baseboards are to the 5m and 10m grids. In Surveyor 2.0 this option is in the Marquee Tool.

As for getting the "Alpha" version to see the new HD terrain "in action" - well "Beta" versions are not for the "weak and faint hearted" so "Alpha" versions are for those not only with cast iron stomachs but who can eat Haggis with a black pudding for breakfast. And yes, I have eaten both but not for breakfast - you have to draw the line somewhere :)

Is the HD terrain out? I have trainz plus and i dont see the option to change the baseboards...?

HD terrain was limited to those who asked and were selected to do the testing, with the warning that any work done is throwaway due to file formats are not finalized yet.

well I just bought this new Tranz 2022I do not think much of it as a building program, it is more for just riding around and for those that can afford to keep buying new routes just to ride around, it seems that you can not do any modification anyway
so I am very disappointed, I like the construction side of Tane, I was also one of those that paid the kick-started fee. So I have found new way to upload different styles of maps but most of you would know them any way.
So back to Tane

Sounds like you did not purchase a subscription so do not have the new surveyor.
I did the same on purpose as I have my own route developed from the 2004 days so did not need a subscription.

There is a different file system from Tane. Import your route and session only into TRS22 and download all missing assets. Don't try and import built-in assets from Tane. TRS22 works the same way in Surveyor as Tane did.

well I just bought this new Tranz 2022I do not think much of it as a building program, it is more for just riding around and for those that can afford to keep buying new routes just to ride around, it seems that you can not do any modification anyway
so I am very disappointed, I like the construction side of Tane, I was also one of those that paid the kick-started fee. So I have found new way to upload different styles of maps but most of you would know them any way.
So back to Tane

I fail to understand that analysis.

Yes, TRS22 comes with a number of great drive-able routes and sessions, as did T:ANE (but less so in the case of T:ANE) and that is important for those who want to "just drive around". But TRS22 has many more "construction" features not found in T:ANE. These are described on the TRS22 page at https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022 (there is a link at the top of every forum page). Scroll about halfway down to see the Surveyor features:-

• Multiplayer Surveyor
  • Unified Driver/Surveyor (my favourite)
  • New Effect Layer Tools and Presets (a time saver)
  • New Paint Under Spline Tool
  • More Camera Options

And if you have the Trainz Plus Subscription you also get Surveyor 2.0 with TRS22, a significant and long overdue upgrade to Surveyor Classic - think of it as the "Maglev" version!

Personally, I would never go back to using T:ANE or even TRS19.

My opinions.

My 1 year Gold subscription expired a few days ago and honestly i think it's not worth to renew it . Not going to purchase TRS22 and will not buy any of the upcoming Trainz versions . Tired of the unoptimized game engine ( a resource hog for my PC ) , the lack of finding properly uploaded quality routes on the DLS ( tired of hunting missing content on the internet ) , the service packs that always break something in the game that was perfectly working , the " always online " DRM , the money grabbing sometimes shallow DLCs .

It's just not worth for me anymore .

It's just not worth for me anymore .

Each of us can make our own decisions based on our unique needs, expectations and resources. Certainly take a break for a while or even a long while but I hope that, eventually, you will be back.

I renewed my Gold Sub last January and have not regretted it - based on my needs, expectations and resources.

Have to say when I upgraded to HD Terrain I was a little nervous as the most errors i ever seen came up (texture errors) but hit the trusty ignore button and everything turned out just fine lol. few minor adjustments here and there but WOW has it really upgraded the realism on my route even the older jr routes i have merged into look much better! I have been here is 2006 HD terrain is a game changer! THANK YOU!

Back