Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

I am back and will have a green R circle. I will also not be a mad jerk to certain people. I will just ignore them.

RJArtim

Last edited:
Got a question regarding my CPU: Will Trainz 2022 work with this? It's an AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor 3.20 GHz.

Tony said the requirements for TRS22 are not different from the requirements for TRS19, so it should run the same as TRS19 does now.

S20 not being included is a huge disappointment (which has made me think twice about pre-ordering it), but I'm sure tony has his reasons. Besides that, I only buy trainz from Steam anyway, but I don't see it anywhere on Steam for pre-order.

Last edited:
I only buy trainz from Steam. I don't see it anywhere for pre-order.

Steam doesn't allow preordering from non-AAA companies.
In fact Steam doesn't like doing the preordering but they'll let you do it if you are AAA company.

Cheers

I just upgraded to an annual subscription and saved a few bucks in the process. I have been thinking about doing this for a while so this was the impetus to just do it.

Being a longtime user as well, I've seen both the good, the bad, and the best with some versions coming out better than others. I remember the old days, the heady times with all the crazy forum stuff, the fun times, and the sad times. In the end, it's been quite a ride and the best of all I learned a ton over the years.

As frustrating as Trainz can be sometimes, the program can be that great escape when the world crumbles around us. Trainz saw me through a lay-off, three deaths in my family, a diagnosis of Parkinson disease, and my transition to retirement. Like that model railroad in the loft, I went right there to that comfy spot to escape these events at least for a short time as I thought things through.

Trainz started out for me as a way to build my then inactive model railroad except in a real-world scale. What started out as a 4-baseboard block in January 2004, having purchased the program just after Christmas in December 2003, grew to a 189-mile route. The route still exists today, a bit worn on the edges and needing a bit of a renovation, but it still exists and operates well in TRS19 and TRS22. As far as computer programs go, it's amazing that the data created in 2003, as far as my route is concerned, is still operational today on today's operating systems and in the current Trainz versions.

With that said, I congratulation N3V for their 20th year and let us all hope to see another 20 years at least of Trainzing. With all the new technology on the horizon, who knows what the future will bring to us.

If it looks as real a TSW2 I'll pre order even if it's $100

Not trying to be a nuisance......I'm a first timer playing train sims...bought 4 and uninstalled 2. Trainz 2019 and Train Sim World 2 looked and felt best to me. Trainz to me feels like the all around better sim though, but I like the darkened and vibrant colors and more realistic looks of TSW2 better by a few notches. I don't make roads or want too but I can see how it's interesting for others. I'd glady pay for anyone's route. Anyhow, I'll just buy what these 2 franchises sell. I'll be rooting for Trainz though since they have more US Freight DLC's from what I've seen on Steam. Bought them all last week and having a blast.

Last edited:
Congratulations Tony on 20 years of hard work bringing Trainz to the highest level yet.

I've only been here since TS2010 , however each new version brings something new and special to me.

Thank you and best wishes for the future.

Roy

Just to clarify here - Trainz Plus has S20 included. TRS22 does not. If you can point me to where that message wasn't clear, we'll amend it to clear up any confusion.

Trainz Plus will also have a number of other features by the end of 2022. Which future version of Trainz gets S20 included depends on a variety of factors. TRS19 Platinum for example, had a number of Trainz Plus features included that were not in the standard edition.

You guys are also just straight up copying the business model from the other big train dev too now with 'yearly renaming releases'.

If only that were true. Sounds like you think it took a few hours to put together TRS22. In reality, there a dozens of man years of effort, or probably closer to hundreds of many years when all the 3rd party content is included.

There are over 1,000 new scenery items included for example. I guess you think we just snapped and fingers and they magically appeared?

Sad sad sad state the industry is in right now.
I'll agree with you on that one, but not for the same reasons I suspect. We work hard, we do our best, then get cut down for offering a brand new product with hundreds of hours of gameplay, and endless replayability.

I am excited and cant wait for the formal release in Spring. Upgraded my gold membership from monthly to yearly, been really happy with all the extra features and content available to gold members. West from Denver was a great route in TS12 cant wait to play it in TS22.

Congratulations, 20 years of Trainz! Hope you are going to celebrate, or have already!

Not being able to physically see what is done behind the scenes in creating Trainz, it is quite surreal in many ways. There is the chatter and notifications on the forums and pop - patches are available like the good fairy has waved the magic wand. Then pop, digital versions of trainz are available or boxed versions arrive in the mail box - you get my drift. This of course covers majority of the people behind the scenes that we do not see going about their work that can at times/or most of, be taken for granted. It is only when something is not available that realisation sets in and the appreciation of what was.

Anyway, thank you for the years of fun I have had with trainz and especially for Surveyor (classic).
Surveyor 2.0 sure has my interest peeked so looking forward to getting into it tomorrow.

Here is to 20+ more years.

Still building in TANE, but I always love a new Trainz release.

Regards

Axe

If surveyor 2 was included in the standalone game at this point in its development, it would only give you something else to whinge about. By all means sit this one out, nobody is forcing you to buy it. Trainz is Trainz, the other sims can do as they please and while you are entitled to your opinion I think it's outrageous that you come here to spruik the competition, just because Trainz doesn't offer exactly what you want. Might not be such a lone voice? Are you "dog whistling"?

I don't think that what Vern is saying is too outrageous and too difficult to defend. After many unfortunate pre-order situations, I'm unlikely to buy a product that isn't at release stage, doubly so as long experience of Trainz suggests that 3 or 4 service packs may well be required.

I'm not convinced of the benefits of membership, it mostly seems to confer permanent beta testing status, and I thank those who are willing to do so.

I was tempted by the annual subscription, get a permanent copy of T22 offer, until it became clear it might not, will not include surveyor 2. So like Vern, I'll be waiting to see what is the best offer N3V has for me.

I've been hanging around Trainz for so long, that I can remember Auran's original intention for it to be a model railway simulator and users being able to 'collect' distinctive individual locomotive. Congratulations to N3V for having negotiated the difficult balance between aspiration, expectation, reality and financial prudence.

A special thanks for including Metal for macOS users, especially when many larger companies just make excuses :)

I don't think that what Vern is saying is too outrageous and too difficult to defend. After many unfortunate pre-order situations, I'm unlikely to buy a product that isn't at release stage, doubly so as long experience of Trainz suggests that 3 or 4 service packs may well be required.

I'm not convinced of the benefits of membership, it mostly seems to confer permanent beta testing status, and I thank those who are willing to do so.

I was tempted by the annual subscription, get a permanent copy of T22 offer, until it became clear it might not, will not include surveyor 2. So like Vern, I'll be waiting to see what is the best offer N3V has for me.

I've been hanging around Trainz for so long, that I can remember Auran's original intention for it to be a model railway simulator and users being able to 'collect' distinctive individual locomotive. Congratulations to N3V for having negotiated the difficult balance between aspiration, expectation, reality and financial prudence.

A special thanks for including Metal for macOS users, especially when many larger companies just make excuses :)

Does nobody read things properly any more? It's the none sub copy that might not get Surveyor 2.

If you get the yearly Plus subscription Or Gold Plus Subscription you get Surveyor 2. It's perfectly clear here down the page a bit https://store.trainzportal.com/page...-90286893&mc_cid=aa92a52a1b&mc_eid=1ac89f446f

Plus users are already testing it........

Does nobody read things properly any more? It's the none sub copy that might not get Surveyor 2.

If you get the yearly Plus subscription Or Gold Plus Subscription you get Surveyor 2. It's perfectly clear here down the page a bit https://store.trainzportal.com/page...-90286893&mc_cid=aa92a52a1b&mc_eid=1ac89f446f

But if you stop subscribing, you don't get it in the 'free' version of TS22, I think that's been confirmed.

S2 is not part of TS22 according to the page you linked to.

So as I said, I'll wait for a version that is rather more complete (contains S2 without a subscription) and rather less beta testing.

Last edited:
But if you stop subscribing, you don't get it in the 'free' version of TS22, I think that's been confirmed.

S2 is not part of TS22 according to the page you linked to.

So as I said, I'll wait for a version that is rather more complete (contains S2 without a subscription) and rather less beta testing.

I could agree with you but as they said S20 really is not a ready-to-perfect-play item but rather still a work in progress. I'd love to to have it in all the TS12 editions but, as Tony said, it will come in future when everything will be fixed. I use to be N3V beta tester since long time and I can assure you features not fully tested could be very annoying in current use.

Thank you! Have never said I won't buy TRS22, just that the package and price have to meet my personal expectations and I have no issue with those who are happy to be early adopters and pay the premium price. I would be a little more confident if Tony could put his hand on his heart and say that S20 will make it to the TRS22 digital outright purchase version. I have no interest in signing up to a subscription version which leaves me with nothing if I decide to cancel.

At present I see me buying the Steam edition of TRS22 this time next year when most of the bugs are ironed out and a discount is available. Maybe earlier, if S20 appears in the package.

In the meantime I'm quite happy to continue my route building in TANE or TRS19.

As Amigacooke and Vern are trying to say, you keep TRS2022 forever, but after 12 months, you don't keep S20 forever (which I find a bit awkward).
I am also waiting on the Steam version in January, and, hoping S20 will make it into this trainz version.

Also, if the excuse is "S20 isn't ready yet", Why doesn't Tony just allow people to switch to a TRS22 beta stream on the standalone version and test it there? Why is it subscription-only? Wouldn't they need all the help they could get?

Last edited:
S20 is not TRS22

It's been only 2 days and I'm already tired of the discussion here that S20 is not a standard feature of TRS22 at the moment but is a special add-on only available in certain packages of the game. Decide if you want that feature now or not, then choose what you buy accordingly. End of discussion.
Lockheed

It's been only 2 days and I'm already tired of the discussion here that S20 is not a standard feature of TRS22 at the moment but is a special add-on only available in certain packages of the game. Decide if you want that feature now or not, then choose what you buy accordingly. End of discussion.
Lockheed
So because your opinion differs, you don’t want to see it discussed? Newsflash… that’s what forums are for. If you don’t like what certain people have to say on the matter, including me, do yourself a favour and put me on your ignore list.

Back