Welcome to TRS22 from the CEO

It's been only 2 days and I'm already tired of the discussion here that S20 is not a standard feature of TRS22 at the moment but is a special add-on only available in certain packages of the game. Decide if you want that feature now or not, then choose what you buy accordingly. End of discussion.
ockheed
On the other hand, there is not much other new in TRS 2022 besides Content and features we already have in TRS 2019 Platinum.

True, except for the 5 brand new routes, over 1,000 brand new scenery objects, MPS, and another year of bug fixes and tweaks that everyone demanded we work on instead of new features.

And as noted above - purchasing is a choice and is not compulsory. The market determines the success.

Oh, and for the same price as the pruchase (as also noted above) get an FCT for a year, S20 for year and new features that come online during the year with a Trainz Plus membership and keep TRS22 forever.

All that for <20 cents a day.

True, except for the 5 brand new routes, over 1,000 brand new scenery objects, MPS, and another year of bug fixes and tweaks that everyone demanded we work on instead of new features.

And as noted above - purchasing is a choice and is not compulsory. The market determines the success.

Oh, and for the same price as the pruchase (as also noted above) get an FCT for a year, S20 for year and new features that come online during the year with a Trainz Plus membership and keep TRS22 forever.

All that for <20 cents a day.

Tony, you're entitled to sell your product on the terms you wish and I'm (I hope) entitled to say why I'm not buying at present. There is plenty of reason to get TRS22 overall, but it has only 1 route I'd use and the MPS is great but I don't build large routes with friends.

I bought TRS19 on August 26 2018 which is 1,195 days ago which is even better better value at <6 cents a day and falling.

Tony, you're entitled to sell your product on the terms you wish and I'm (I hope) entitled to say why I'm not buying at present. There is plenty of reason to get TRS22 overall, but it has only 1 route I'd use and the MPS is great but I don't build large routes with friends.

I bought TRS19 on August 26 2018 which is 1,195 days ago which is even better better value at <6 cents a day and falling.
I do wish this forum had a "like" button...

Likewise, when I turn to Trainz for my route building fix, these days it is model layouts or maybe a small branch line. No need for MPS but I would like the opportunity to play around with S20...without a subscription.

Besides, as someone who has been around since the very first days of Trainz, what might have happened had there not been a campaign and debate with Greg Lane and John Banks to think twice about the collectible idea (KoolThingz?) that was originally mooted for the game concept. In the light of that and the strong competition from MSTS, we got a more conventional train sim which I'm sure contributed to the fact Trainz is still here 20 years later - even surviving the Dark Reign debacle and the demise of the original Auran.

I do wish this forum had a "like" button...

[snip] even surviving the Dark Reign debacle and the demise of the original Auran.

A like button would be handy, especially for screenshots. I was trying to remember what took down Auran, well done Vern! :)

Last edited:
Oh come on, it's not that bad. But did you ever buy a new car? Ever wanted a certain additional feature? Heated steering wheel for example. Of course you can have it. If you pay extra. You can negotiate a bit but at the end, either you buy it or you don't. S20 might be a standard feature in future but for now it's like an additional item. Contained in the Winter package, so to say. And usually car dealer says: "Oh, all figures are net, add VAT at the end".
Lockheed

Dark Reign??? You mean Fury don't you?

Fury was a player versus player (PvP) competitive online role-playing game and massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Auran. The game was published by Gamecock Media Group on October 16, 2007, and was the first game they published. Less than two months later, the developer announced it had laid off all employees.

Heading back to what I believe this topic should be about... to Tony and Co, many congratulations on the 20th Anniversary!

I've enjoyed witnessing the evolution of this product since 2004 and am really looking forward to TRS22 (and particularly Surveyor 2.0).

Here's to the next 20 years!

Cheers,

Paul

Fury was a player versus player (PvP) competitive online role-playing game and massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by Auran. The game was published by Gamecock Media Group on October 16, 2007, and was the first game they published. Less than two months later, the developer announced it had laid off all employees.

Dark Reign was Auran's first game, was quite successful and published by Activision in 1997, well before any problems.

Yes Fury. My bad…
Anyhow back to topic!

Please allow me to add my congratulations on the 20-year-mark.

I've made the choice to purchase the annual Gold subscription because I want to give Tony and crew the support they need to keep improving this fun and amazing tool set. I see nothing wrong with their pricing strategy, as (in my mind at least) it is comparable to the way Amazon Prime or Microsoft Office 365 subscriptions work. I don't complain about the cost of these, or the need to renew them annually for that price, because they are useful parts of my life -- and I see Trainz in the same way. The Gold package is also comparable in price to either of these.

I am absolutely STOKED about the S20 interface, as this (IMHO) brings Trainz up to the level of usability I always wished it had. I have been frustrated many times by classic Surveyor, and can readily see this new tool set bringing back the enjoyment to Trainz. I am also looking forward to MPS, as it brings me hope that my large D&H route might actually become a practical project to get underway in that environment.

Just my 2 cents, but I have great anticipation for the future of this franchise and also great faith that Tony and crew will ultimately deliver a system that we can all be happy with.

Regards,
Mike

Last edited:
Tony Baby! I will definitely be buying Trainz 22 and keep supporting Trainz, love this franchise.

But we gotta start thinking 25th anniversary. I want you to make millions on this so this is what we're gonna do.

1. Re-organize everything from scratch. Websites, downloaders, launchers, sinkers, versions, stores, etc. Centralize everything. When a new buyer like me comes in, we're knocked out man. Everything is everywhere. Total confusion at least in the beginning. But most people will bail out faster than a blind date with Nancy Pelosi. Not me though, I'm sticking around. Love the way you've organized everything on Steam. Very neat, that's the way to go. The Trainz portal website also looks fantastic and modern, with great colors.

2. A new engine, worth the investment. Think of the buzz that would create around the train sim world. With graphics up to par, you'd knock this outta the park. Train Sim World while looking fantastic doesn't feel as good as Trainz.

3. Up the physics and sounds a small tad more. Not much more, as they are very fine already. A recent Union Pacific railroad driver/sim gamer tested 5 train sims on youtube. Train Simulator 2022, Trainz a New Era, and a few others. While Train Sim 2022 got an F, Trainz got a C-. That's what I felt too when I tried Train Sim World 2 after trying Trainz 2019. Trainz has better realism and physics. Just needs a tad more to get to say a B rating.

That's it, those 3 things would blow Trainz outta the park and be set for the nest 10-20 years.

Oh and please remove the dang Image Verification robo human checker thingy everytime we write a post. That was in style in 2000-2002 lol :) :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Go Trainz!:)

Last edited:
Congratulations Tony and too the whole team at N3V TRS22 looks to be an exciting time too look forward to in 2022 and considering what we have all been thru in the last couple of years with the pandemic I think this is a very welcome relief well it is for me so please keep up the great work.
Pretty sure having a Gold Class Membership I'm in the new gang already and do not have to change memberships or purchase anything, But I'm trying to get the bank managers ( Wifey ) permission for a better PC in the new year so I hope to jump on board at some point then,
All the best for the future team and keep up the great work.
Cheers Mick.:wave:

Tony Baby! I will definitely be buying Trainz 22 and keep supporting Trainz, love this franchise.

But we gotta start thinking 25th anniversary. I want you to make millions on this so this is what we're gonna do.

1. Re-organize everything from scratch. Websites, downloaders, launchers, sinkers, versions, stores, etc. Centralize everything. When a new buyer like me comes in, we're knocked out man. Everything is everywhere. Total confusion at least in the beginning. But most people will bail out faster than a blind date with Nancy Pelosi. Not me though, I'm sticking around. Love the way you've organized everything on Steam. Very neat, that's the way to go.

2. A new engine, worth the investment. Think of the buzz that would create around the train sim world. With graphics up to par, you'd knock this outta the park. Train Sim World while looking fantastic doesn't feel as good as Trainz.

3. Up the physics and sounds a small tad more. Not much more, as they are very fine already. A recent Union Pacific railroad driver/sim gamer tested 5 train sims on youtube. Train Simulator 2022, Trainz a New Era, and a few others. While Train Sim 2022 got an F, Trainz got a C-. That's what I felt too when I tried Train Sim World 2 after trying Trainz 2019. Trainz has better realism and physics. Just needs a tad more to get to say a B rating.

That's it, those 3 things would blow Trainz outta the park and be set for the nest 10-20 years.

Oh and please remove the dang Image Verification robo human checker thingy everytime we write a post. That was in style in 2000-2002 lol :) :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Go Trainz!:)
1. A good idea, but naturally the sim comes first when it comes to development bang for buck.
2. TRS19 was the last upgrade to the new engine introduced in TANE and still has scope for further development.
3. Really only messaging relating to train physics that needs tweaking.
Your forum experience will improve with more posts and time. I don't have to do a verification to post. Perhaps contact the helpdesk to see when it will be removed. We have an annoying problem with SPAM which is the reason it exists for new members.
So far I have found the TRS22 beta infinitely enjoyable, even getting to grips with S2.0 at my age.
Congratulations N3V, on 20 years of Trainz and here's to 20 more.

And therein lies the problem. Our costs aren't covered by 6 cents a day, so the team remains small, and things take longer to implement.

A new engine, worth the investment.....Up the physics and sounds a small tad more...That's it, those 3 things would blow Trainz outta the park and be set for the nest 10-20 years.
I absolutely agree. TRS2022 (IMO) may be a lacking upgrade, but, learning from past experience, I think N3V still has the chance (and time) to make TRS2025 the actual pinnacle of train sims. The next version after this is what I'm now setting my eyes on.

And therein lies the problem. Our costs aren't covered by 6 cents a day, so the team remains small, and things take longer to implement.
Chicken and egg though. If the core game was capable of delivering the same experience as TSW2, timetables for the whole day, scenarios and Journey Mode, people would buy DLC by the bucketload. I just paid £11.99 for the new G6 loco which is absolutely fantastic and offers all the gameplay elements I mentioned in the previous sentence. No hesitation. No 2 hour refund.

Back