FBX Import gives out errors

ianfrancong

So, I'm currently trying to import an FBX file into TRS2019, but whenever I drag the folder containing the FBX file, config.txt and etc. It instead gives out these errors:

Error, T2684: Failed to triangulate polygon (no ear found). Probably not a simple polygon?
Invalid images for texture file: 'car texture.texture.txt'
VE249: Failed to compile *.texture.txt file: car texture.texture.txt
VE182: Material 'Material' in mesh 'bttf 3 delorean.fbx' is missing a texture for mandatory texture slot 'albedo'.

Doesn't work despite using the correct image file formats (such as .png and .tga). The only things left would be some issue involving the polygons in the blender file or the way i put on the texture, of which I have no idea how to fix.

Could someone please help me out on this situation? Thanks.

Looks like you didn't name the material correctly since its reporting the name as "material". Assuming you are using Blender then, for the triangulation polygon T error you might try triangulating the mesh (Ctrl T) or adding a triangulate modifier (preferred).

Assuming you are using Blender then, for the triangulation polygon T error you might try triangulating the mesh (Ctrl T) or adding a triangulate modifier (preferred).

Degenerate dissolve and Delete loose will probably help too. I always use these two operations and a add a triangulate modifier before export. Between these operations most errors disappear. Another thing to check is that your mesh has exactly one UV map.

The triangulation method worked, and I no longer get the first error, although I'm still getting the last 3 errors despite renaming the texture file from "car texture" to "carimage". I tried the degenerate dissolve method before posting this thread, but it messes up the mesh. In regards to the material and albedo, how should you name the material or how do you apply an albedo image to the material?

... In regards to the material and albedo, how should you name the material or how do you apply an albedo image to the material?

Check the "use nodes" option in the material settings and set up a Trainz shader node tree as described here. That WiKi page assumes you are using PBR. There is a variation for using older materials but I don't use it. Maybe someone else does.

Did that too. It still says that the image files are invalid, failed to compile the image textures, and that there's no image in the albedo slot when there clearly is. Is this an issue with how the images are named?

Did that too. It still says that the image files are invalid, failed to compile the image textures, and that there's no image in the albedo slot when there clearly is. Is this an issue with how the images are named?

The name of the texture file probably doesn't matter much but I wouldn't use one with spaces as Whitepass pointed out. I prefer to name a file to indicate the type of file such as "car_albodeo.png", "car_param.png", and "car_normal.png". The textures have to follow the rules for size, power of 2 dimensions, and type.

Back