Thread: FBX Import gives out errors

Blog Entries

Exclamation FBX Import gives out errors

So, I'm currently trying to import an FBX file into TRS2019, but whenever I drag the folder containing the FBX file, config.txt and etc. It instead gives out these errors:

Error, T2684: Failed to triangulate polygon (no ear found). Probably not a simple polygon?
    Invalid images for texture file: 'car texture.texture.txt'
    VE249: Failed to compile *.texture.txt file: car texture.texture.txt
    VE182: Material 'Material' in mesh 'bttf 3 delorean.fbx' is missing a texture for mandatory texture slot 'albedo'.

Doesn't work despite using the correct image file formats (such as .png and .tga). The only things left would be some issue involving the polygons in the blender file or the way i put on the texture, of which I have no idea how to fix.

Could someone please help me out on this situation? Thanks.
    Why are train simulators with a year in the title released one year behind?

Sounds like you have no albedo image or it’s not in the right place to act as an albedo image in terms of how the material was constructed.
    T:ANE SP4 (105946), TRS19 SP5 (117009), Max 2009/2012, PhotoShop
    Win10, i7 5820K, 3.3GHz, 32GB ram, GTX 980Ti 6GB, 2x512GB SSD

Blog Entries

Looks like you didn't name the material correctly since its reporting the name as "material". Assuming you are using Blender then, for the triangulation polygon T error you might try triangulating the mesh (Ctrl T) or adding a triangulate modifier (preferred).

Paul

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

The " car texture.texture.txt " is what is wrong, rename it.

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    Assuming you are using Blender then, for the triangulation polygon T error you might try triangulating the mesh (Ctrl T) or adding a triangulate modifier (preferred).
    Degenerate dissolve and Delete loose will probably help too. I always use these two operations and a add a triangulate modifier before export. Between these operations most errors disappear. Another thing to check is that your mesh has exactly one UV map.

Blog Entries

The triangulation method worked, and I no longer get the first error, although I'm still getting the last 3 errors despite renaming the texture file from "car texture" to "carimage". I tried the degenerate dissolve method before posting this thread, but it messes up the mesh. In regards to the material and albedo, how should you name the material or how do you apply an albedo image to the material?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ianfrancong View Post
    ... In regards to the material and albedo, how should you name the material or how do you apply an albedo image to the material?
    Check the "use nodes" option in the material settings and set up a Trainz shader node tree as described here. That WiKi page assumes you are using PBR. There is a variation for using older materials but I don't use it. Maybe someone else does.

Paul

Blog Entries

I've set up the trainz node tree, still getting the last 3 errors. Don't know what to do.

Blog Entries

I've set up the trainz node tree, still getting the last 3 errors. Don't know what to do.
    You need to give the material a name that conforms to Trainz requirements such as "car.m.pbrmetal".

Paul

Blog Entries

Did that too. It still says that the image files are invalid, failed to compile the image textures, and that there's no image in the albedo slot when there clearly is. Is this an issue with how the images are named?

Blog Entries

Did that too. It still says that the image files are invalid, failed to compile the image textures, and that there's no image in the albedo slot when there clearly is. Is this an issue with how the images are named?
    The name of the texture file probably doesn't matter much but I wouldn't use one with spaces as Whitepass pointed out. I prefer to name a file to indicate the type of file such as "car_albodeo.png", "car_param.png", and "car_normal.png". The textures have to follow the rules for size, power of 2 dimensions, and type.

Paul

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

Blender loves to add a .001 to the end of the texture name, something to check.