Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022

Default Thoughts on Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022

Alright then.

Although the announcement hasn't gone on yet, I'm wondering - what's everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Trainz game? Even with what I've seen on the Trainz Plus page, it looks like it'll be an incredible new entry into the series, and an excellent way to celebrate the 20th anniversary. I dunno. What're everyone else's thoughts on the new game?

(If people want to use this thread to discuss their thoughts after the announcement, I'm game.)

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

I think its going to be wonderful
    S2.0 will be extremely useful as I can now rotate all of the cars at the same time so I don't have to do one-by-one anymore when it comes to placing cars in parking lots.

Cheers
    Last edited by hiawathamr; November 30th, 2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Typoes

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

It would be nice if TRS19-Platinum members would get a slight discount on '22, or do away with the default cabs, instead making the rear and front views prototypical, like a shell.

I'm optimistic and excited, but I'm also prepared for disappointment. Its a wait-and-see for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hiawathamr View Post
    I think its going to be wonderful
    S2.0 will be extremely useful as I can now rotate all of the cars at the same time so I don't have to do that anymore when it comes to placing cars in parking lots.

Cheers
    I agree, yes. Surveyor 2.0 does seem like it's gonna be a huge hit. Yeah, it might involve a bit of relearning (as I've also never tested it, because... not a Trainz Plus user here), but the original Surveyor layout took me 2 seconds to learn, so... what, 3 seconds? (I'm saying that Surveyor is incredibly intuitive and easy to learn, but also incredibly powerful, too - I mean, look at some of the routes people have made!)

Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    I'm optimistic and excited, but I'm also prepared for disappointment. Its a wait-and-see for me.
    I guess wait-and-see is a good way to put it. However, this doesn't look at all to be a disappointment, in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    It would be nice if TRS19-Platinum members would get a slight discount on '22, or do away with the default cabs, instead making the rear and front views prototypical, like a shell.
    If you are a Gold sub or have Trainz Plus then TRS22 is included in the subscription. TRS19 Platinum is a standalone product, I can't see any reason to discount a new game just because you bought the last one. Maybe wait for it to go platinum or get it at Easter when it's more likely to be on sale. Don't blame N3V for the cabs, that's up to creators to build one.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    There's probably gonna be a preorder bonus for the price to initially not be that bad. I take it that the price will be $40 USD... or somewhere in that ballpark. Also, what default cabs? Many of the assets in Trainz are created by other users, and many of them have used their own cabs to a sort. Plus, I still think that legacy Trainz content - when made well - ages quite nicely... like most of the original content made by N3V... er, Auran, back in 2001. (I joined the Trainz community in 2017, as you can see, and my timeline... yeah.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SRKing783 View Post
    I agree, yes. Surveyor 2.0 does seem like it's gonna be a huge hit. Yeah, it might involve a bit of relearning (as I've also never tested it, because... not a Trainz Plus user here), but the original Surveyor layout took me 2 seconds to learn, so... what, 3 seconds? (I'm saying that Surveyor is incredibly intuitive and easy to learn, but also incredibly powerful, too - I mean, look at some of the routes people have made!)

Same here, took me a while to learn the new surveyor as back when I first got UTC in the early times of Trainz there weren't any tutorials so it was all just trial and error. I'm ready to relearn S2.0 as well but if I need to I can just simply switch back and forth between S1.0 (surveyor classic) and S2.0 (surveyor super advanced).

Cheers

NARM's site^

...if I need to I can just simply switch back and forth between S1.0 (surveyor classic) and S2.0 (surveyor super advanced).

Cheers
    Wait, you could just swap between the two Surveyor interfaces? That's pretty neat... but I don't think I would want to go back to 1.0 once I've learned all the new features in 2.0.

To a new generation of Trainz, and to it lasting many more 20 years!

Blog Entries

Yes you can switch the two interfaces.
    Before I spoil everything, I'm going to wait and see what the website reveals (whenever it happens) as I think it'll be worth it

Cheers

NARM's site^

Yes you can switch the two interfaces.
    Before I spoil everything, I'm going to wait and see what the website reveals (whenever it happens) as I think it'll be worth it

Cheers
    Well, thanks for that. And yes, I don't want the surprise to be ruined. Hopefully, it can be announced soon - I take it 10 PM EST is when it'll be announced, yes? (Of course, if it can't be said, then no bother - I'm just trying to make an educated guess.)

Blog Entries

I don't know what time zone they're using either
    I was guessing sometime in Australia, EU, or NA time (if NA, it'll be 2 Dec for Australia).

(shrugs)

Cheers

NARM's site^

No, I know they probably use an Australian time zone. I’m saying, as it’s… wait, no, it would be 9 PM EST, as it’s 11 PM in Brisbane right now… 11 PM, 23:00, whatever. I’ve got the 24-hour clock displayed on all my devices. Whatever. Anyways, I genuinely canmg wait for TRS22, and everything it has to offer.

Blog Entries

lol. All I know this makes it even more exciting.
    More likely it'll be announced when I head off to bed. That's usually when the exciting things are announced.

Cheers

NARM's site^