50ft Turntable

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

Does anyone know of any standard gauge 50ft turntable for Trainz on the DLS?

I've looked under the usual names; "turntable", "50ft", "50 ft", "15m" etc but nothing yet, I'm hoping there might be some that are foreign up there!

I'm looking for something like this:

2014-02-16-swanagerailway7.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Hi,

I've done so but couldn't find anything as I explained in my original post - that's why I posted this thread.

As I originally thought, there are some closer matches to what I am looking for that are foreign named but nothing that fits what I am looking for yet.

Cheers,

PLP

Also look at Branch Line Turntable by skipper1945 kuid 116296 36665 and Turntable 20m by drstrach kuid 283523 28096

Les.

Thanks all for your suggestions; all very good and some of the assets mentioned are great (I have some installed already, such as skipper's branch turntable, a lovely piece of equipment) but they still don't quite fit - they're very close to but not exactly 50ft.

While this wouldn't normally be a problem, the space I have to place it is incredibly cramped and anything over 50ft just won't fit!

I'll keep looking though, thanks all for your suggestions!

Cheers,

PLP

Sometimes translating into other languages does what you want on the DLS:

<kuid:341837:38108> B45-TPT plaque tourn 60 statique
<kuid:341837:38107> B45-TPT plaque tournante 60
<kuid2:341837:38107:1> B45-TPT plaque tournante 60
<kuid:80140:28570> 16m Segmentdrehscheibe 3t
<kuid:80140:28551> Drehscheibe 16mtr 3GL
<kuid2:32105:30014:2> 16m Drehscheibe 15

Some turntables are 16 meters, finding 15m would have to be built new.
The last three are 16 meters long, the first three have to be tested.

I've got a part completed 50ft turntable that I never finished properly as I discovered I needed a 60ft, moral is don't take measurements from old OS maps! It's actually 50ft from outside edge of the pit and 48.9 ft length of the table.

Looking at the layout at Swanage, I Googled a few pictures there is likely to be an issue with getting the position / angle of the line into the shed currently its 1 road in and 3 out and the pit on mine is a lot deeper and its red brick, I can change all that easily enough however it needs a bit of refinement, it does have the railings, I'll have a mess with it if you can hang on a bit, I assume it's just the one in and one out at an angle you are after?

Hi clam,

That's very kind of you, thank you very much. I saw your 62ft turntable and it looked very close to Swanage's so I wondered if a 50ft version was floating around somewhere.

Yes it is the turntable in the shot at Swanage - would a copy of the route help you to gauge it and to see the area it has to fit into? Happy to send across a copy if so.

Cheers,

PLP

Hi clam,

That's very kind of you, thank you very much. I saw your 62ft turntable and it looked very close to Swanage's so I wondered if a 50ft version was floating around somewhere.

Yes it is the turntable in the shot at Swanage - would a copy of the route help you to gauge it and to see the area it has to fit into? Happy to send across a copy if so.

Cheers,

PLP

Yep that would help a lot in getting it to fit properly, you could pm me a link?

Is there a way to change the track from broad scale to standard gauge in the config file ? I mean by swapping out the kuid number of the track being used to a standard gauge track of you choice.

Back