Trainz Plus Beta 115628/115635 (with S20) now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
An update to our Trainz Plus - S20 beta build has arrived. This build is not a final release, but it should give users a very good idea of the capabilities of S20.

Trainz Plus beta 115583 to Trainz Plus beta 115628 PC is now available
Trainz Plus 114800 to Trainz Plus beta 115628 PC is now available

UPDATE: Trainz Plus 114841 to Trainz Plus beta 115635 Mac is now available (Dec 1)

Patch stream: Trainz Plus Beta

Changelist:
Far too many fixes and tweaks to mention in detail.
Overall lots of improvements to tools, selection, filtering.

Known Issues/Upcoming fixes:

• The Content Manager slowdown issue is still present in this build. It will be fixed in the next update.
  • ARN renumbers all locos
  • Several content issues not yet updated (e.g. Tidewater)
  • S20 - still lots more tweaks and updates to come in the short term, plus some major additions next year
  • Non-PBR textures now appear to be set 0.3m higher than previous versions
  • Entering S20 during intro animation freezes the game
  • Track does not move with cursor (depends on where you click)
  • Trackside objects move twice the distance of the track
  • Improvements to track vertex highlighting and ease of track joining
  • Improvements to procedural track error identification
  • Various anchor updates
  • Allow 'scale' setting to go beyond 100% when using 'scrapbook clone' brush"

Last edited:
I believe Tony posted this just before the TS22 forum was created this morning. Maybe someone will move it.

Edit: It's now been moved...

Last edited:
Download and install went quickly.

- I hope that coupling sound does not apply to all kinds of trains. When I imagine a modern DMU/EMU with that coupling sound... please no. For freight cars it's okay I guess.

- lots of rolling stock is missing the thumbnail, there I see a Trainz Logo. Will they be added or is it a program fault?

- The content list could be scrolled far beyond entries

I wanted to add screenshots, but then i'm told:
The text that you have entered is too long (322562 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

Installed and testing now. I'll report anything I find. I noticed the texture issue as mentioned above by Malc.

Finding the coresponding actions and commands to make S20 work is a hide and seek game by times.
Most things I did find or know like the shortcuts keys ar not done yet.
This one is really intriging: remove water with the brush in effect layers ??? What am I missing so obvious probably???
Bulk asset with effect layer is funny it paints the entire board with water.
Sky box change water color but no result in preview or afterwards.
No bulk asset replace where I could use it very well.
Just a few of a bucket full of things not completed or hiding somewhere.
No Tony, th manual was not helpful for me as in most cases when i type e.g. remove water it find text sentence related to my question when click it shows page 404. so most things not implemented yet.

in general it is absolute fun fiddling around and doing things any surveyor version of trainz couldd not or so complicated, just forget the old stuff S20 is the way to go and tune,tune,tune.

Despite the fact it is still a very fresh unfinished version I decided to move my present W.I.P route to S20.
The way of working the old way is definitely past!

Good job N3V.

Last edited:
I had just upgraded TRS19 Plus beta build 114841 (MAC) -> TRS19 Plus SP5 build 115605. But now I'm confused... how to install TRS22 Beta?
Should I first install another copy of 114841 from backup, then upgrade it to 115635?
Actually, I want to keep TRS19 for a while next to TRS22.

I had just upgraded TRS19 Plus beta build 114841 (MAC) -> TRS19 Plus SP5 build 115605. But now I'm confused... how to install TRS22 Beta?
Should I first install another copy of 114841 from backup, then upgrade it to 115635?

I download a fresh copy of current public release from MyTrainz and then apply patches (beta's) to it to bring it to the version I want. It will create it's own new user data folder. I make my own userdata folder with meaningful name in the location of my choosing and then point this new install to it. Or, you may choose to copy/move/rename your existing folder to use as new one also. Do a DBR once you pont your app to your userdata folder. In going from '19 to '22 I suggest downloading/reinstalling content, rather than copying existing content, but that's up to you.

S20 is the way to GO!

Henk,
I did it the "hard" way and run the patch not knowing it would actually start TRS22 on top of my TRS19.
I noticed my "error" when TRS22 started fiddling with my TRS19 based dbase just in time andd no real damage done with 5.0.
So what I did was I installed a fresh new copy on Trainz Plus beta and kept TRS19 in there.
TRS22 is running separate with a clone of the my TRS19 dbase and now work exclusively and test same time my immense use Ultra mega route (ID 649) Cochrane to Calgary SE.
Ultra Mega because I havee the greater portion of Calgary PROTO in their and it is huge and beautiful.
The big yards are looking superb and fps even with my very old card RTX 1080 still run steady with 6-8km draw and rest ultra.
I AM testing CMTM4 and this is one great way to go too.
Same time running in S20 the fully fledged and detailed ACT Alyth Classification yard with a hump yard with a lot of bells and whistles so to speak..
It is a dream to see how that worked out quasi smooth sailing at 6km draw and ultra settings!!!

Yes I am thrilled and can only say S20 the way to go.

Last edited:
Wow, I took the plunge and converted TRS14 SP4 to TRS22 build 115635 and pointed the result to a copy of my entire data folder.
The result is amazing: only needed to update Liskeard to Looe to get rid of all faulties, stil a handful of Packaged newer version (not) availables.

Running a session in Roy's Ottertail-to-CastleMtn route on my MBP M1-Pro 8/14 at HIGH settings and 10.000m draw distance in 1920x1080 window,
mostly at 50-60 fps, just awesome.

I wish I knew how to insert a JPEG image here... to show the result of all that good advice from @1611mac and Roy.

Of course, Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15cgkzoatbGSOf2_GHhdmTqHhokbSQh1M/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I am having trouble with water colors. Using s10 I could get many shades of blue from light to dark. I could shade it with some green and get a nice effect. Using s20 I can shade the water, but it mostly comes out very dark blue. No matter how much I turn the bule dial it always seems to be too dark. Any suggestions?

In s10 you could rotate the texture rapidly by pressing either the "[" key or the "]" key while applying the textures. This would give a somewhat fuzzy look to the texture, but it was useful in some circumstances.

Does s20 support this feature, and if so, how do you access it?

Back