Trainz Plus Beta 115628/115635 (with S20) now available

Water effect layers - still a w.i.p. and released to get more feedback exactly like this. Short answer is sky, ambient and brightness all affect the water colour. It appears that the shaders will need to be updated to allow for a greater range. Bug noted.

Hotkeys are currently being implemented. Rotating textures is a big performance hog and not encouraged and with PBR they don't actually work that well either.

Bulk asset tool - switch to Classic

Jamal17 - Trainz Settings > Install tab > Change stream

thanks Tony,

-i noticed already from the beginning that pbr textures and textures in general rotated makes my nvidia card to bump up one or more steps on the fans.....
So I will try to take an easier approach on heavy texturing and go for more calm environments covered with foilage where needed.

-Yes water is another topic and not sure if that is gonna cause another hit on performance but ok for the moment.
btw is there a remove water tool somewhere i did not find one.

Thanks again to all of you over there and happy to see the good response from 99.9% on S20.

Roy

>>

The effect layer will be across the entire route - just lower the height below ground level and it's gone (using set height -100m or whatever).

Hotkeys are currently being implemented. Rotating textures is a big performance hog and not encouraged and with PBR they don't actually work that well either.

This statement concerns me greatly. PBR ground textures look terrible and are definitely NOT the way to go. Drive any PBR textured route and you will see the ground shimmying and oozing around on embankments and cuttings. To avoid at all costs.

PBR ground textures look terrible and are definitely NOT the way to go. Drive any PBR textured route and you will see the ground shimmying and oozing around on embankments and cuttings. To avoid at all costs.

I have read similar statements from users of other games that also use PBR textures. They look great in publicity shots but I am yet to be convinced about how easy it is to create that same look when you are a "stock standard amateur" user, like myself.

The "look" is easy to create. They do indeed look great in static "shots". As soon as you start moving around though, the ground comes alive!! A PBR lava flow texture would look amazing. Rock cuttings . . .not so much.

Henk,
TRS22 is running separate with a clone of the my TRS19 dbase and now work exclusively and test same time my immense use Ultra mega route (ID 649) Cochrane to Calgary SE.
Ultra Mega because I havee the greater portion of Calgary PROTO in their and it is huge and beautiful.
The big yards are looking superb and fps even with my very old card RTX 1050 still run steady with 6-8km draw and rest ultra.
I AM testing CMTM4 and this is one great way to go too.
Same time running in S20 the fully fledged and detailed ACT Alyth Classification yard with a hump yard with a lot of bells and whistles so to speak..
It is a dream to see how that worked out quasi smooth sailing at 6km draw and ultra settings!!!

Yes I am thrilled and can only say S20 the way to go.

Wait what? After I got pointed to https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/northlander-train-terminus-timmins-1.6239204 a while back I kinda know where this is ... also ... CMTM will get an update soon. And I really should get the Plus to get more Canadian routes in my collection ... because they are lovely ... and a new SSD.
Lockheed

Last edited:
lockheed02 the W.I.P Cochrane into Calgary SE is a W.I.P which means a lot of work still to do but i think at a certain point i will release something viable and continue working on it
If i wait until all sort of done never ends always something pops up and now S20 which allows so much better detailing work etc....
Of course I will keep you guys updated.

Downloading and installing at the moment

Just a question on the water

Are we able to have different types of water yet on the same route

Clean and blue -- dirty brown

Water - not currently, but down the track yes. Also (in the future) sloping streams and waterfalls. All in good time.

>>

The effect layer will be across the entire route - just lower the height below ground level and it's gone (using set height -100m or whatever).
So when adding water using s20 is my understanding correct that it covers the entire route. If that is true how do I get different heights of water in different sections of the route. In s10 you could do that. But it seems that in s20 the height adjustment effects the entire layer, not just a localized section of the grid.

You can select different heights from the paste section on the right-hand pallet. The water only covers the area you paste over, it turns the ground to a water texture to show the location of the water. The default water height is 0m so you either lower the ground or raise the water. It works in a similar way to raising or lowering the ground but on its own layer. To delete the water in small areas you can use the marquee tool to mark the area and cut.

Last edited:
"West from Denver - Moffat Route": almost all speed limits (except "62") are missing in the HUD.

"West from Denver - Moffat Route": almost all speed limits (except "62") are missing in the HUD.

Actual speed, or track speed indication, or both? Both of those are working as expected here in 115628. You are running in TS22 beta?

Actual speed, or track speed indication, or both? Both of those are working as expected here in 115628. You are running in TS22 beta?

Say my train runs at 35 and passes a 40 MPH speed limit: the HUD says 35/62 (should be 35/40) and no trace of the 40 limit on the track profile that still indicates 62. Build 115628 (Trainz + Beta) too.

Last edited:
Say my train runs at 35 and passes a 40 MPH speed limit: the HUD says 35/62 (should be 35/40) and no trace of the 40 limit on the track profile that still indicates 62. Build 115628 (Trainz + Beta) too.

humm.. I'm only 6 miles into the "Local" session but track side signs, track profile speed, and Track Speed on far right of HUD all are in agreement and the train speed is displaying as expected. There's been a good number of track speed changes. I'll let this run awhile and also try the other sessions but so far everythingis normal here.

humm.. I'm only 6 miles into the "Local" session but track side signs, track profile speed, and Track Speed on far right of HUD all are in agreement and the train speed is displaying as expected. There's been a good number of track speed changes. I'll let this run awhile and also try the other sessions but so far everythingis normal here.

I am in a "Quick Drive" session. Didn't try scenarios yet.

Back