Trainz Plus Beta 115628/115635 (with S20) now available

Are you sure you are in a TS22 install? Here's why I ask. I IMMEDIATELY get 62 mph showing on my track profile when HUD shows 40, but only WHEN I INSTALL and RUN the route in one of the 5.0 2019 beta's. There 7 built in SESSION assets in TS22 that are not in a TS19 beta install even though it might be one of the recent v5 installs. This route only works in a TS22 branded install (TS22 at top of Launcher).

What I don't understand is that you do say you are in 115628 which is a 2022 beta. So I'm a bit confused. See if the 3 built in sessions have 7 "bad" assets. Auran "built in" or "unknown" assets : "Driver setup" "Navigation Display" and others with "Unknown Location"

Last edited:
I have a bunch of sessions that use Kickstarter 2 route. They claim Kickstarter 2 is not installed, but it is. I tried running it and it is fine. RJ Artim

Last edited:
What I don't understand is that you do say you are in 115628 which is a 2022 beta. So I'm a bit confused. See if the 3 built in sessions have 7 "bad" assets. Auran "built in" or "unknown" assets : "Driver setup" "Navigation Display" and others with "Unknown Location"

Nothing missing/faulty/out of date.

It looks like the sessions are using a variable speed limit rule, which is not present in "quickdrive". Maybe a Base session is required that includes the rule, so that the correct limits are applied.
Upon checking, "Driver Speed Rule" is present in both of the passenger sessions. A rule which sets the speed via Variable Speed Boards.

Last edited:
HPL - the 62 readout shows if you don't have "Driver Speed Rule" added to your session.
So just edit the session, add the rule, (restart all rules if you are editing an existing session), then you should be good to go.

This statement concerns me greatly. PBR ground textures look terrible and are definitely NOT the way to go. Drive any PBR textured route and you will see the ground shimmying and oozing around on embankments and cuttings. To avoid at all costs.

You mean you don't like the jellyfish guts?

I avoid them at all costs and have done so right from the beginning.

Last edited:
No not new, Natvander had Australian variable speed boards out a fair few years ago. They can split speed limits between freight passenger and high speed rail and use the driver speed rule to enable them.

There's an issue with locomotives with digital displays such as the Amtrak P42DC, from Jointed Rail by Justin Cornell, <KUID2:45324:1000285:2> when in Driver and unpaused. When driving, the display flashes on and off continuously.

There's an issue with locomotives with digital displays such as the Amtrak P42DC, from Jointed Rail by Justin Cornell, <KUID2:45324:1000285:2> when in Driver and unpaused. When driving, the display flashes on and off continuously.

Is this a new issue? I remember something like this from a while back.

Is this a new issue? I remember something like this from a while back.

There was an issue with large numbers not displaying, a long time ago, but that was fixed by Jointed Rail a while ago. In this version the cab flickers. I just confirmed the display is fine with the same locomotive in TRS19 - Plus SP4.

I can confirm: integrated displays of <kuid2:45324:100285:2> "AMTK P42DC ph V" are buggy (some values are flickering and speed is not correct - or at least seems as it is almost unreadable). Didn't notice this issue in other locomotives equipped with IFDs.

Back