After 20 years, TrainZ community has reached another great milestone !!!

java23

Hi guys and gals !
Our community of content creators has reached a great milestone : we've reached a KUID member number above the million now :eek: :eek: !!
On a side-note, just to take technical considerations into account, I've noticed in the past, that content with KUID-numbers above the million (non registered members) was considered as invalid by the Content Manager ...
Let's take this opportunity to celebrate this great audience :Y: !!

Cheers,

Philippe

I wonder how many of us with 5 digit KUIDs are still around? Mine is 59723. It will be 20 years for me in March.

William

I wonder how many of us with 5 digit KUIDs are still around? Mine is 59723. It will be 20 years for me in March.

William

interesting , I never realised that the shorter kuid numbers are related to when people joined up, i didnt start using until 2010 , and was surprised to see i was labeled as 'trainz veteran ' when I'd only been using the app for a few months, I wonder why i was assigned a five digit number since i started so late ........44878 is my number, I'm sure others who have been around longer than I have received longer kuid numbers....I can think of a few major creators ( such as tume whose number starts with an 8) with numbers after mine and yet they have been around for far longer than i have ...

I think I remember either Tony or Chris saying that the KUIDs were randomly assigned from a pool of numbers which had been expanded over the years from 3 digits to 4 digits to 5 digits so on and so on. They also went back and assigned the unused numbers before expanding the pools. I guess you don't want your competitors and creditors knowing how business is going.:D But at least in the early days, your number was a rough indicator of when you joined. In this day of massive hard drives and GBs of RAM, it is hard to imagine how old programmers used to squeeze code to decrease execution time.

Back in the first Trainz you could see the makers kuid number and the lowest I remember was 11000 some thing.

KUID 9000 here. Some of us who were here at the very start got to pick our own KUID number. ;)

Some of these are builtins but I have the following in my TRS2004 dispatcher folder, 9 tolaris, 42 "Pedja Ljubomirovic", 52 vendel, 316 austin316hockey, 523 "Rob Shaw", 1551 psycho_aussie, 1604 cfl1604, 1701 S301, 1854 Alex23, 1942 "Terry Franks (TaFWeb)", 1984 josheh Josh E. Harvey, 2000 Marcel 'ZyryZ' Dührkoop, 2300 Lawrence Kellie, 2512 David Dallaston (PikkaBird), 4468 Jetstreamsky, 5204 CeeBee, 5562 "Paul Franklin (ChileanLlama)", 7592 "Edward W. Wells (euphod)", 9000 "Stuart Thurstan (weevil)"(lots of those), then the 5 digits ones start. The lowest I have is 13013 (author "dreddy")

Oh, I found my ProTextures in the custom folder which are done by 1776 Hack

Last edited:
I love the historical speak here,

That is so cool........I have been told more than once in life, remember, Companies, Corp etc, only see you as a Number, nothing more.......But as I read some of the expressed numbers. They do have some meaning......

Relating to Msg#9, if I saw some numerical numbers that small in my Content Manager, I'd freak out, thinking something was really wrong......:hehe:

I've been using Trainz since the very beginning, with the original edition of Trainz. Didn't get on the Forums or the Download Station or third-party websites until Trainz 12, yet was making my own routes with only included content all the way back at the beginning, even though my kuid is 289739. I had a classmate who went to the same elementary, middle, high schools and college who was also interested in trains, but was into MSTS, gave me a copy of his MSTS disc to install on my computer, that disc never worked. He's currently a computer tech at the college we attended, and a member of a model railroad club in Chattanooga.

Last edited:
366297 falling in. :wave:

Likewise, I discovered TRS04 (demo) in 2005, bought TRS06 in well...06, and only really got into the whole online/DLS thing from TS12 onwards.

And to think I only discovered Trainz because of a botched google search where the extra "z" was accidentally added. How time flies.

Last edited:
Reduced image size

My KUID is 605579 and I started Trainz when I saw UTC at an Office Max store about 13 years ago. Only a few years later I created my account so I could access the DLS only to find out Content Manager in UTC couldn't install anything (which then several years later I found out it you used FTP and used the Content Dispatcher utility).

Here is my Trainz library - depending on how the 20th anniversary goes this picture might be updated :D
7gro0WI.jpg

Cheers

Got my number way back when I registered my copy of 2006 when it first came out. 298019 is me. Probably would have been lower if I had registered 2004 or the original TRS, but I was too young and stupid to know how to do any of that yet.

I registered in 2004 and got 202442 as a KUID number. For the DHR, Franklin Prestage got 284264.

Bill

If I remember correctly, the regular Kuids were starting at 30000.
Inbuilt stuff was mostly beginning with a minus -> kuid:<-3:xxxx>
The DLS was in its early days (exe files) and those who were around in the forum back then got asked if they want a specific kuid for the then following new cdp era.
And of course they'd wanted one :)

Geeze...I'm missing those days with the waffles, droolmop, fat controller (Barney) with his little black book and so on...

Back