TRS19 SP5 Beta 115653 now available

Had a closer look and as the image shows, the top of rail is at 0.3 m while the non-PBR texture is at 0.25 m.
ultra shader issue.JPG

I have a really wired issue now, track editing flips and displaces my signals and junctions.

For example this simple loop track looks fine like this:
issue1.jpg

Now I want to add a crossing:
issue2.jpg

I split the track, everything is still fine
issue3.jpg

But after connecting the track to the crossing, the signals are flipped and even the junction lever is misplaced
issue4.jpg

Other issues are: I am still having the issue with being put into Edit Trains mode when entering Driver via Quick Drive, its now way more frequent than in the past with older versions.
Portals still derail the trains when the game engine comes under load especially long consists/light cars.

Possible repair list SP5 115653 Beta report updated

Crucial Fixes:
-Non PBR ground textures placed too high in ultra shader mode. euromodeler
-Several content issues not yet updated (e.g. Tidewater)
DLC's should work good, but can be done over time and not hold back the base release
-ARN renumbers all locos
-Driver, Session options interface broken williamg

Recommended Fixes/checks:
-Remove (now obsolete)consist data handler rule from the standard new session list
-Main menu the top main buttons, Type: LOCOMOTIVE is truncated (at 1920x1080) same for ROLLING STOCK
use a smaller font? (or wider buttons)
-freedom (and easy way) to use any grid in any region
-Driver Setup rule Properties, shows a 0 (zero) in the upper right corner(add 1 driver to see)
-Junction Arrows, cleaner without the red blob (circle)

-scripted embedded object minimap, options to set what is visible and direction arrows working
-Check if the Cabin (kind interior) tag opacity has changed in SP5, 4gy4tl4n
use Auran cab <kuid:-25:1168> gen 1044, in SP5 to test
-LLCR <kuid2:87589:90002:7> Loco Lighting Control Rule, back in built-in content
-<kuid2:523:19723276:5> USRA Light Pacific, DCC mode, Internal view, check the injector switch
-New water needs further development, more user friendly, color, transparency, easy removing, good manual
-Clean up of unused Surveyor2 files in TRS19

-Edit Environment, green dot at default session time (10.00h) (for easier setup). euromodeller
-lower brightness of trackspline circles. euromodeller
-Unwanted Edit Trains mode when entering Driver via Quick Drive. williamg
-Check of placement/direction of trackside items when editing track close by. williamg
-Portals derail trains when the game engine comes under load especially long consists/light cars. williamg
-Wheels still turn too much, tni-physics, p-dehnert

Confirmed Fixed:
-Various derailments on loading
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-On steep track slopes train vehicles can have incorrect pitch at start
-Drivers are not automatically added in some cases
-Reverse rotated vehicles
-Steam loco water is not handled by the Automatic Fireman feature
-Testtrack
-Jump behavior in viewmode 3 fixed
-Texture replacement scripts are not working
-Content Manager is [much] slower to list items in some cases (check if new icons cause this)
-Some headlight coronas not working (script issue)
-Many and long Dbase repairs (maybe because AV software)
-Clean up of Installer files after a patch is done.

keep up the good work, SP5 will be the best !
greetings GM

Last edited:
Flipping signals - repro confirmed
Edit trains window showing as open when entering Driver using Quickdrive - could not repro.

The animation of the bogeys is still too fast in AI/DCC mode. In CAB mode the speed of the animation is correct.

Peter

Flipping signals - repro confirmed
Edit trains window showing as open when entering Driver using Quickdrive - could not repro.

This issue seems to be more on routes that I made, the default routes seem to be fine. Its not a big bother though since I can disable it in the menu and everything is back to normal.

There is however another issue, the Session Options in Driver looks like this:

session-options.jpg

I cant change anything and this is with all routes, the screenshot was taken in content samples.

confirmed
can change the clock and date
not derailment, weather, weather changability, timerate
list updated

Last edited:
There are long delays in driver commands clearing when a loco reaches a drive to or via a TM. They also stop on reaching a TM even though the track ahead is clear as seen in this video.

Is this new behaviour?

Yes as it is not that slow in TRS19. In TRS19 trains are timed to clear the turntable before another train arrives but the same route in TRS22 has this delay in clearing the command allows other trains to arrive before the first train has left.
This is the same only in TRS19

Last edited:
Restoring the database causes 100% CPU usage, the computer freezes and it cannot be used at all. Is this how it should be? Even the "My Computer" window opens with a long delay... Who came up with this database recovery is not a game, but a continuous torment.
Playing Trainz is about finding bugs from new updates, not enjoying the game.

Last edited:
What I say to anyone complaining about current or beta Trainz
Find a version that works for you and have fun in that version
I do that with build 100240, stable and always works the way i want.

No a program claiming 100% is not good,
this is a beta forum and a beta version
the advice always is use it on a clean install,
find any bug you see, report as precise as you can.
You need to find why you get those dbase errors and rebuilds
read logs and report please.

The animation of the bogeys is still too fast in AI/DCC mode. In CAB mode the speed of the animation is correct.

Peter

Turn Phsyx On to resolve this issue. The task is still on the list to investigate why this affects the animation.

Restoring the database causes 100% CPU usage, the computer freezes and it cannot be used at all. Is this how it should be? Even the "My Computer" window opens with a long delay... Who came up with this database recovery is not a game, but a continuous torment.
Playing Trainz is about finding bugs from new updates, not enjoying the game.

Although I've never seen this issue, I suspect it is related to the recent Content Manager refresh issue which could result in things retrying over and over again. This should be fixed in the next update.

Although I've never seen this issue, I suspect it is related to the recent Content Manager refresh issue which could result in things retrying over and over again. This should be fixed in the next update.

Content Manager does get a bit resource piggy and always has since TANE. I remember many of us reporting that way back in the early days. The CPU usage jumps up to 100% for long periods of time as the data is being crunched. The RAM usage can get pretty high as well during the processing. I found by increasing the page file size on the PC this part can be mitigated, but there's no way around the high CPU usage.

The high resource issue is also seen when installing CDPs.

Tony,
Need advise on how to get my TRS19 SP4 Beta back and to update to SP5 115653.
When my copy of TRS19 Beta SP4 114800 updated it ended up at 115628 (TRS22), so I re downloaded TRS19 114800 from Mytrainz but it wants to keep updating to 115628.
So basically I dont have a TRS19 SP5 Beta Version.

When changing the interior camera position in cab mode a "Target-Changed" message is being fired. This is causing problems with scripts that do something when the target is actually meant to have changed.
My understanding of "Target-Changed" is the message should only be sent when switching camera from one car to another. Surely the target hasn't changed when just moving the interior camera? Am I wrong?
I think this has been a problem for a long time, maybe since the release of TRS19. I had always assumed it was just some problem with my scripting but recent investigation suggests not.

After changing the interior camera in cab mode the volume of the engine sound increases and then stays loud. The volume drops while the camera is transitioning. My guess is the 'cabin_muffle' setting stops working correctly.
BTW. I think the interior camera transition was much better in T:ANE compared to TRS19. Just sayin'. ;)

A lot of the keys presses that used to be detected by UserPressKey(string s) in a cab script no longer work (have been removed). e.g. "camera_int_prev", "camera_int_next". I was using these to track the interior camera position to trigger animations at appropriate times.

Texture replacement is not working correctly for me. When you use texture replacement on one train it changes the texture on every train of the same type.

With every patch it seems something else gets broken. The Class 158 I've been working on hasn't worked properly in TRS19 for almost a full year now so I'm just relieved I decided to add more features to it rather than release it last year, but I'm almost at the point where I'm going to have to abandon it now even though it works great in T:ANE. :(

Cab controls do seem to be working correctly now, so it's not all bad. :)

Brendan

A lot of the keys presses that used to be detected by UserPressKey(string s) in a cab script no longer work (have been removed). e.g. "camera_int_prev", "camera_int_next". I was using these to track the interior camera position to trigger animations at appropriate times.

Texture replacement is not working correctly for me. When you use texture replacement on one train it changes the texture on every train of the same type.

Texture replacement is broken and has been reported, according to Tony.

I think it's the same with the keyboard controls. Since I'm not sure about this I recommend reporting this via the Trainz Bug report along with your issue with the scripts.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Back