TRS19 SP5 Beta 115653 now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
TRS19 SP5 Beta 115546 to TRS19 SP5 Beta 115653 is now available via the TRS19/PE patch streams.

Changelist:

• Slow list refresh of CM should now be back to normal
  • DB repair now shows correct progress when validating assets
  • Headlight coronas working in Quickdrive
  • Texture replacement scripts are now working
  • Texture replacement assertion should also be fixed
  • Certain ground textures that failed to load now load
  • Crash fix for loading a specific map (will help some other cases)
  • Test track graph reset fix

Known issues:
  • ARN renumbers all locos
  • Several content issues not yet updated (e.g. Tidewater)

We wanted to get this build out quickly to check if your db repair and Content Manager refresh slowdowns are fixed.
If not, please provide detail about your hard drive specifications as well.

Hi Tony,
Installed and waited for what was a quick db scan/repair. When that was complete I tried CM and "Installed" list was returned immediately. "Not installed" took a mere few seconds. All looks good here so far.

Update to 115653, in a few seconds from previous beta
DBR within a minute

Confirmed:
-CM loads faster (local on m2.SSD)
-Texture Replacement works again
-Testtrack working and loads with interface
-content number more accurate

good job !!

Last edited:
I know this isn't a bug, but I'm really not keen at all on the new default route texture idea. At least give us the option when creating a new route to select the default texture or go back to the grid. Please!

Loaded the update very quick and as said above CM loads runs quickly now. Also noticed Start Trainz loads a lot faster. Also Terry's waterfalls animation now works again.

I know this isn't a bug, but I'm really not keen at all on the new default route texture idea. At least give us the option when creating a new route to select the default texture or go back to the grid. Please!
I think you are posting on wrong thread for this. That is only on TRS22. This build Is TRS19.

Agree with Weevil
would be cool if we could choose base/start grid (in any region)

Have a question about the new Compass
isn't the N at the end of the arrow rotated 90 degrees?
or is it the Z of Zedirection? or TrainZ

Last edited:
It started well, but then went downhill fast when I opened a route up.

If you have a route that does not have PBR ground textures then you will find that roads and tracks appear buried, but they are not, the ground has raised itself up over them....

I looked at 10 of my own routes that don't have PBR ground textures, they were all suffering this!
I even made a new route and covered the awfully drab default PBR texture with a non PBR texture, added a length of track and all that I could see was the top of the rails.

Splines-are-covered.jpg

Splines-coverered.jpg

I have one route where I test PBR and I get black lines...

PBR-lines.jpg

Graham.

aiks Graham that is a serious no go, is it only SP5?
I only tested a clean install, so far did not dare to add my main folder
it should never change height of an existing ground texture PBR or not

Yes only in today's SP5,
It's on a test install but it's a serious fault, or maybe it's just me?.

I have submitted a bug report with the images, so let's see what they find.

It's easy to reproduce, try it on a new route, cover the PBR texture with a standard texture and add a legth of track.
The sleepers are not visible, just the rail tops.

Cheers,
Graham

Last edited:
Same problem here and it's in both TRS19 SP5 and TRS22 Beta.

Did a combined bug report for both.

Last edited:
You are right Graham, its a no go

new route, layed track, placed non pbr ground texture
ty for sending bug report Graham and Malc

Last edited:
Can't seem to be able to get that strange behavior. mixed PBR and non-PBR texture and the track looks normal.
What track are you using? I've been testing with TANE Trk Oak 30501:1001:10. Same non-issue using TRS19 Track Concrete Procedural 661281:44106:9

First off, The CM works as expected on the installed content, very fast display.

The problem some people are reporting about non-PBR texture covering up the track is not present in my build 115653. I tried PBR track and non-PBR texture, PBR track and PBR texture, Non-PBR track and PBR texture, and Non-PBR track and non-PBR texture. In all cases everything looked fine.

My shader quality is set to standard, so maybe it is not an issue with this setting.

Ah, shader quality, got it and got the issue too. So staying on Standard will hide the issue. Only by using Ultra will it be appear.

Back