How to turn OFF the walking camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Is there any way to turn this off? I do a lot of surveyor work and am constantly getting into it when I zoom close. Irritating to the max. And, when you hit ESC to get out of it, you get tossed away from where you are focused.

Bill

I hit 4 to go back to free mode. The walking camera shouldn't kick on automatically in Surveyor because we need to get in close, but not walk along to view things while we're landscaping and placing objects.

Lately, I'm rarely in Driver mode, so I am not annoyed with walking mode in that instance. But I do agree it should have some sort of ON/OFF toggle for use in Surveyor. I can see where it might be handy to check height above ground for content (especially bush/tree splines on the side of hills). Outside that instance, zooming down close and jumping into walking cam is really annoying. The jump back wouldn't be so bad if it brought you out the same direction you went in. However, hitting ESC will take you at least 50 feet away in any direction and you have to navigate back to where you were zooming into. Very poor design of what could be of potential use.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back