Settings

Memeyisaword

Question, I need to adjust my settings in TRS19 in order to run a route I just got from DLS. Here are my PCs specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050ti
RAM: 8.00 GB
Any more specs you request to see, I shall give. I just put in the essentials and basics.

You may need to push down some of the graphics settings a bit and your RAM is a bit on the low side. You should actually double your RAM if you can because this program is both graphics and memory intensive. Your CPU is fine.

You may need to push down some of the graphics settings a bit and your RAM is a bit on the low side. You should actually double your RAM if you can because this program is both graphics and memory intensive. Your CPU is fine.

Yah, what John said.

Want to emphasize the memory. My I-7 system, same graphics, loaded ECML badly or not at all in T:ANE even with 16 Gb. Added eight more for 24 and it's fine now.

:B~)

JCitron is spot on with Ram increase....

On my mini Lenovo 540, 12.5" Laptop, I was able to get 16 Ram on it Versus my huge 17" Asus Rog Strix, that came with 16 Gigs of RAM, and I was able to double it.....Normal Lenovo's come with 8-12 Gigs of RAM, I had to search a bit for this model, since I wanted the smallest lightest one I could get for Travel.....Asus used to go on Travel, but it is big and heavy to tote around on Airplanes etc......

Took my Lenovo to Amsterdam for couple weeks to see how it would work out, it was superb!

I also went from 500 GIG Drive to 1 TB and 2 yrs later now to 2Tera SSD's......

My Lenovo has 1 Tera SSD now, and is 2/3's full....I bought another 2 Tera SSD, and will use the original 1 Tera drive as backup for Files, no programs only backup........

Noticed you didn't put your Hard Drive Size, rule of thumb, whenever you can Purchase time, or if not, later upgrade to largest Hard Drive, (recommend SSD) to the largest size you can afford.......Sounds a bit crazy, I know. But with the way program and Assets Files grow in size, larger is always better, depending on Specs of the Drive....

Another thing to think about, I use Cloud backup, and when you do, that is just more HD and RAM needed to move all those 100's of 1000 Files up too and down from the Cloud..

Windows not withstanding Trainz are hogs when it comes to the constant Files being written, moved, deleted, including tons of Temp files in the back ground, unseen by the user.........

When doubled my Ram from 16-32 on Asus Laptop, it really smoothed out my Cloud Backup times.......I never realized till noticed that my programs and backup running simultaneously didn't jittery movements when playing with trainz etc....;)

Now in rear view mirror,

Trainz is usually better, when you run it solo, and go into Airplane Mode, and shut off all non essential programs....I do this quite a bit and seems to run much better for me, your mileage will vary of course.....

Hope this helps you a bit......:wave:

Recommend that the OP should also double (or triple) the amount of virtual memory allocated by Windows to operations to ensure some memory-intensive Trainz operations actually complete.
Windows Home typically recommends a very small amount of system page-file memory by default. Certainly an insufficient amount for Trainz route-merge operations, for example.
Under the Advanced System Settings (performance tab) I'd suggest allocating triple the amount of physical RAM you currently have (8Gb) to 24GB of virtual memory, preferably on the same HDD or SSD that your operating system (Boot Drive) and/or Trainz resides.
(You can spread that virtual memory swap file space over more than one drive if needed). Windows will use it whenever there is a memory-intensive process being undertaken by your CPU.

Last edited:
Alright, since I have been a little lazy (as usual :p) time to reply to these comments:
JCitron: Okay, I'll experiment with lower graphics settings, And I have been thinking of a RAM increase for some time now, trying to research some things before making any purchases.
blueodessey: So it seems like RAM is quite a player in performance, As for the SSD and HDD space, SSD space is 115GB with (embarrassingly) 3.22 GB left of memory, This is due to me installing Microsoft Train Simulator in there, and my SSD (long story short) can't take it anymore with all the MSTS Content and the size of the content. Cus of this SSD issue, I am thinking of getting a newer SSD (quite obviously) The companie(s) I am thinking of Samsung most likely and the HDD space is 911 GB with 188 GB Left, I put TRS19 on there cus my SSD couldn't handle the Trainz And MSTS Content.
PC_Ace: I will consider the VRAM upgrade, And the RAM upgrade as well.
Overall, thanks to everyone that replied, you all have gotten me in a better position to fix and plan this, I'll update as this continues to unfold.

Thanks, Douglas

And while I am at it, here are my current TRS19 Settings:
Shadow quality: High
Main Shadow Resolution: 4096
Shader quality: Ultra
Texture detail: High
Post Processing: Ultra
Water quality: Ultra
Detail scenery: Clutter + TurfFX
Antialiasing: 8x
Detail update rate: High
PhysX Off