I know this may sound stupid

betsy662

But I'm having problems with a downloaded route, I was able to download and install East Kentucky 3 into TANE without issues, and it works fine, EK3 is somewhat updated to work in TS12 and TANE, so I figured, Why Not? Install into TRS19, well! Low and behold, it loaded just fine, everything is showing up, except the track, there isn't any track to put the trains on, I know that the track that comes with it is the original Trainz track, version is like 1.3 or something like that, is there a way to switch the track to a newer version of track in Surveyor?

Hi Betsy,
first make sure (in settings) [v]Show missing assets
then edit the route and see if you see the missing splines, white little stripes 2 parallel
open the bulk asset replace tool, grab the missing spline
on the right open the track list and drag a track you like to the bulk replace screen
when both set, hit update
hope this helps

added:
-I always do this on a copy of the original route
-Love old routes they run very smooth in TSR19
(reason light content)

Last edited:
In Content Manager, use the filters to view missing dependencies. By default, the Faulty filter does that, but you can customize that to only show missing dependencies as I have to cut out the clutter. Once you see the EK3 listed, right-click on that and choose Download.

Download will check the DLS for any missing assets and install them. In this instance, there are going to be assets that will need to be installed from CDP files as well.

In Content Manager, use the filters to view missing dependencies. By default, the Faulty filter does that, but you can customize that to only show missing dependencies as I have to cut out the clutter. Once you see the EK3 listed, right-click on that and choose Download.

Download will check the DLS for any missing assets and install them. In this instance, there are going to be assets that will need to be installed from CDP files as well.

I already did that, and it is showing that the track is all in there, since those items were either built in to TRS19 or were downloaded from the DLS. Granted, there is quite a few missing kuids, but the track isn't really one of them!

The check for dependencies looks only at the kuid-table of the asset. Some old maps and sessions don't have all dependencies listed in the kuid-table. Saving the map/session as a new map from the surveyor, often adds the additional entries to the kuid-table. This newly saved map/session could help finding the remaining missing dependencies.

Peter

Back