TRS19 SP5 - Mac Beta now available

Installed the patch and I am pleased to let you know that the errors I saw related to MacOS Monterey have disappeared.
Thank you very much.

Seems to run fine, got a list of errors, however I told it to ignore and continue. sound, didn't notice glitches. Quits nicely.

My old Mac Pro lives another day. 115605 runs fine with Big Sur and OpenCore Bootloader installed. Next test will be Opencore with Monterey.

Build 115605 installed OK on my 14-inch MacBook Pro (M1-Pro 8/14), followed by 10-minute DBR. Ran a session in Roy's TRS19 CPR Beavermouth-to-Ottertail route - no more derailment at start, could stop the session normally. Looks good.
I like zero faulties, had to delete Liskeard-to-Looe route+sessions to achieve that (the 2021 update is presumably for TRS22).

Whoa there... I just saw all the PR on TRS22 Beta with a MAC upgrade path from 114841 -> 115635. Now I'm thoroughly confused.:eek:
How do I now install TRS22 Beta if I want to keep TRS19 SP5?
Should I reinstall a copy of 114841 from backup and then upgrade it to 115635?

Are people still reading this thread? Should I post this question in the TRS22 Beta forum?

Always use a separate install for beta versions, I have 4 installs currently SP3, SP4, and 19Sp5 beta and Trainz Plus22 beta. Keep your databases separate and you can't go wrong.

First thing I do is make a new empty user data folder with a meaningful name and in the location I desire, such as "TS22 Beta Content." I then download a fresh 19/22 app from my MyTrains Downloads. I install that into a separate folder named something like "TS22 Beta" - Once installed I run any patches (updates) needed to bring it up to the beta version desired (I keep a list of every beta release and it's version number with a link to it's announcement on the forum.)

The new install will have created it's own user data folder so now it's time to point the new install to the new "TS22 Beta Content" folder. Point the installed app to your content folder and restart. Verify that path to content folder is correct. (Optionally, copy existing content folder from old install and give it the new name.) Personally, I redownload DLC and DLS content each time I make a new install. I also then install my own and 3rd party cdp's and such. I can say that by installing content "fresh" again I seem to not have a lot of the issues reported in the forums. Tony also suggests that it's best to install content again rather than copy/move/rename existing content folders. But that's a personal call... I also have the advantage of having rock solid and fast download speeds (needed for my work at home.)

Hope this helps. Counting Tane, I currently have 5 separate installs. I put the apps on my C:drive (SSD) and user content on my D:drive (SSD). That works well.

sorry Im not layout builder or programer, just a normal user....where can I find the Monterey Mac Beta Update? Im confused

sorry Im not layout builder or programer, just a normal user....where can I find the Monterey Mac Beta Update? Im confused

I run Trainz on Windows so I don't track the Mac beta releases. You need to find the "build" number of the version you refer to (Monterey Mac Beta) then install your beta upgrades up to that version. Of course, I have no idea what version you are on, or even if you are on Plus. Consider making a signature with that info in it like many do. Makes it a lot easier to help people.

sorry but I can't found SP5 115605. where are the link?
Im struck on build 114841 on Monterey and I don't have any membership.... where I can Find beta Updates? any information is appreciate Thanks

Thanks Morten16c! thanks a lot for Ur information, now Im on 115605 and testing, appears working OK on Monterey Thanks

Thanks Morten16c! thanks a lot for Ur information, now Im on 115605 and testing, appears working OK on Monterey Thanks

How did you get 115605 please? - or point me to a link
I changed streams, downloaded and installed the beta update and I'm still showing Build 109646 with no further updates available.

Back