PBR Duchess & Tornado

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi,

Just a quick question, and then I’ll be on my way - now, there’s a high chance I’ll be pre-ordering TRS22. My question is this: will the PBR Duchesses (the ones included with TRS19 Platinum) and the PBR Tornado (the one given out for free to people who pre-ordered TS3 Mobile) be available for TRS22 in one way or another? Whether I have to buy them, or they’re a pre-order bonus, all I would like to know is if N3V has plans to make them available for TRS22 eventually.

That is all. Thank you.

SRKing783

So...for the PBR Duchess, I just bought TRS19 Platinum. Hate how the BR Maroon one has an Early Emblem instead of a Ferret & Dartboard, but hopefully that can be fixed with an update eventually. Otherwise, great. For PBR Tornado + updated MK1s, I clearly see it up on the Trainz Store for $25...but only to Trainz+ users. A few questions:

1. Will other variants of the A1 eventually be created, or just Tornado? And if so, will BR Green & Works Grey liveries also be available?
2. What liveries of the MK1s are available? Just maroon, crimson & cream and blue/grey? Will other liveries be available, or would I just be stuck with the SnC ones?
3. Will this eventually be made available for sale regularly?

I also spotted a Class 43, Evening Star and the Blue Comet in some newsletter a while back. Of those, the Class 43 and Blue Comet are up on the Store, but also as $25 Trainz+ packs. Will these eventually be available, will the Class 43 have more liveries, and will the Blue Comet be available as an update for people who own the original?

If I sound like a gimmiepig, then I'm very sorry. I'm just curious as to if there may be more variants of these packages available later on - as well as if they become available - and if it sounds like gimmiepig behavior, then I apologize.

Gimmepig? Nah, you're ok mate. Gimmepigs want stuff for free and want it yesterday with payware features :D

My Gimmepig definition from a couple of years ago:
An asset hog who squeals loudly, wanting new assets for free and when refused whine incessantly until they explode!

Hi there, you ask some very good questions! I don't think the UK Trainz community are very confident that N3V are going to develop these models further. In an ideal world we'd like to see corrections made to Tornado and other A1 variants offered. For the Mk1s, both the railtour 'custard and creams' and blue and grey versions need some significant corrections (such as, it would be nice to have wheels that rotate!) and we'd like to see additional maroon versions. The class 42 has (finally!) been uploaded but also has deficiencies (where are the nameplates for the blue version?) And for all of them, we'd like to see them offered as stand-alone DLC rather than bundled-in with the subscription-only service. However, we don't think that any of this is going to happen!

Paul

There are a few other issues with the Warship that I I suppose I should submit a bug report for - at least one of the nameplates in the green/maroon versions is incorrect for the running number and why are the weathered versions so shiny?

IMHO it was a missed opportunity by N3V not to put the price up a bit and bundle some choc/cream Mk1s with the warship.

I do think they'll sort Tornado and the existing Mk1s out though.

Hi All
Just to clarify, the Warship was developed entirely by 3DZug, and not inhouse by N3V :) So what is included, and any fixes, is up to 3DZug in this case. These should now be available for individual purchase as if the 9th of March.

For the Duchess, unfortunately I've not seen any reports of errors/inaccuracies on these before, and they are now a fairly old DLC pack. But I can still speak to the team to see if we can update them at this point.

For the Tornado DLC, this includes just the BR Blue and LNER green versions. We may look at further versions in the future, however we have a lot of other content on the go at the moment ;) Unfortunately there are substantial differences between the new built Tornado and an LNER/BR A1, which make converting the Tornado model quite a substantial task; but we may look at it in the future :)

For the subscription exclusive DLCs, we currently expect that some of these may become available for purchase in some way or another in the future, however we do intend for there to sometimes be further benefits provided to those who do subscribe and as such we do plan for some DLCs to remain exclusive to subscriptions.

Regards

For the Duchess, unfortunately I've not seen any reports of errors/inaccuracies on these before, and they are now a fairly old DLC pack. But I can still speak to the team to see if we can update them at this point.

Wasn't an updated version of the Duchess DLC released not that long ago. I downloaded it and installed it about 4 or 5 months ago I think.

I know it's been some time, but I'm just curious, if I were to pay for Trainz+, buy the Class 43 and Tornado, and then after the month is up cancel Trainz+, could I still keep both of those DLCs in my install of TRS22? Or do I need to keep the subscription?

If it is not available in your TRS22 version then it won't be available if you purchase via the TRS22 Plus version and cancel your subscription. You will still have the purchase but you can only use it as long as you have the Plus subscription.

I know it's been some time, but I'm just curious, if I were to pay for Trainz+, buy the Class 43 and Tornado, and then after the month is up cancel Trainz+, could I still keep both of those DLCs in my install of TRS22? Or do I need to keep the subscription?

Right now you have TRS22 which depending on your setting for the patch stream is either TRS22 SP1 or TRS22 Beta which has some new features per the latest TRS22 patch thread. If you buy a Subscription for Trainz Plus it will NOT effect your TRS22 install in anyway. I know I have it installed and I turn my subscription on and off all the time. Users thinking there is a TRS22 Plus version made a mistake back last year and patched their TRS22 install with a Trainz Plus patch. N3V released a patch to change it back but I guess some users missed that patch or chose not to use it. If you installed TRS22 this year then you are like me. You have a version of TRS22 that is not effected by your membership status. I just check and the Class 43 is not available in my Content Store but the Tornado is available.

Hi All
Just to clarify, the Warship was developed entirely by 3DZug, and not inhouse by N3V :) So what is included, and any fixes, is up to 3DZug in this case. These should now be available for individual purchase as if the 9th of March.

In which case I hope you are going to keep them at the present discounted $US4.99 price point because they aren't worth any more than that in their present state.

Just to row in behind Annie at this point - I didn't make an issue of it at the time but actually it needs to be said - N3V is the retailer of this item. We're not paying Matthias for the class 42, we're paying N3V. Which makes them responsible if it's defective (as it is). So either, stop selling it or take some responsibility and sort out your supplier. Simple!

Paul

Y'all are seeming really entitled. You complain that something isn't correct, but don't list things that need to be changed, then will complain further when the changes you didn't specify aren't corrected, then will complain further when less and less creators make UK content. Maybe make a list of things that need to be changed for something and try to be constructive instead of complaining endlessly and making creators unwilling to create content for the UK.

Y'all are seeming really entitled. You complain that something isn't correct, but don't list things that need to be changed, then will complain further when the changes you didn't specify aren't corrected, then will complain further when less and less creators make UK content. Maybe make a list of things that need to be changed for something and try to be constructive instead of complaining endlessly and making creators unwilling to create content for the UK.

Before you jump in with your sixpen'orth worth of comments uninvited I can tell you that we have already done that. When asked we made a detailed list pointing out exactly what was wrong complete with relevant photos of the prototype where necessary and gave it to the Class 42's creator and we have heard nothing since. When the whole idea of a new Class 42 model was mooted detailed drawings, photographs and information about variations in this class of locomotives were provided to the maker. A group of us were quite willing to put up real money to have these locomotives made before the maker decided to take it to N3V instead. N3V might be attempting to wash their hands of these Class 42 locomotives, but they were the ones who ran them through their approval process and declared them to be of saleable quality.

I haven't said anything until now as I watch this saga continue without anything more than that a toss back and excuse from N3V. This is their MO for not only product development but also content. Flaws pointed out about things that need to be fixed are met with, oh it would be nice if you gave us more money, or there's not enough time, but we've got a new project in the works. With content, regardless of the source, it's called blame the content creator rather than the company taking action rather than letting the problem slip through the cracks.

In many ways, this reminds me of a restaurant where a customer complains about raw steak and seafood. Rather than addressing the issue by working with the kitchen staff to ensure the meal is cooked properly, the maître-d comes over to the customer's table along with the head chef and tells the guest that there's no way to address the issue because the supplier sold the restaurant cold food, and the staff are too busy to cook the food.

As Annie said, this is a completely ignorant comment. A small group of us put a lot of time and effort in to work with the creator to get these models right, which is why it is so frustrating that comparatively minor and easily rectified mistakes (the nameplates, the engine-spec) are dragging it down.

Paul

.... In many ways, this reminds me of a restaurant where a customer complains about raw steak and seafood. Rather than addressing the issue by working with the kitchen staff to ensure the meal is cooked properly, the maître-d comes over to the customer's table along with the head chef and tells the guest that there's no way to address the issue because the supplier sold the restaurant cold food, and the staff are too busy to cook the food.

Very good metaphor John. We're suffering from a nasty bout of food poisoning, but the restaurant are asking us to take it up with the farmer!

Paul

Back