Any setting to make the graphics/colors more vibrant? Also some newb suggestions lol

easywolf32

First time playing a train simulator so please go easy on me...

Loving this game so far, especially the freight train content. Bought almost all North American Freight Train DLC, routes and locos. Wish there was some more to buy honestly lol. Really nice stuff. Checked the other train sims and they didn't have much freight content, mostly passenger types.

Have a question and a few suggestions for a future Trainz game.

1) Is there any way to make the colors more vibrant, skies and areas less bright/whitish-grayish? What a difference that would make!

2) Is there any manual with pictures? Or a website that has one? basically for dummies....I'm really not into fixing routes, prefer to play others content, I suck with programming etc..

3) Here's an amateurish one, how do I place a DLC locomotive or consist (Boxcars, Gondolas, Tankers, etc) on a track?

Suggestions..

1) The whole program feels like it was made in the early 2000's.....feels so complicated, outdated, hopefully in a new version all this will become more user friendly and simplified.

2) Obviously more vibrant looking colors. The graphic colors look kind of dull for a later 2010-early 2020 game.

3) More sounds, especially when skipping to new tracks, etc. That booming thump sound should happen for every car from the start to the end of the train.

4) More DLC content, especially routes and train parts. :)

That's about it, I cannot find any other faults on this amazing train sim. 9.7/10, thanks for making it.

Last edited:
Have you checked out the Download Station? There are thousands of items you can download for the game for free there. There are also tons of 3rd party websites both giving out free stuff as well as selling stuff for the game.

Colors (and primarily the sky) are primarily based on the environmental settings for that individual route. However Trainz 19 has a new lighting engine which isn't as bright colorful as previous versions of the game. That being said there are some people who have gotten ENBs to work in Trainz.

As for tutorials, what are you wanting to know how to do. Route & Session building require no programing skills whatsoever & are done entirely in game.

Sorry to disappoint you, but new versions are probably going to be more complicated than this one. Trainz 22's big new feature is a brand new route building interface & is much more complex than the current one (but then allows for more complex route building).

All content for the game is made by people like you & me; not by N3V. Sounds are really up to the people making the content, some stuff has tons of fancy sounds coded into it, other stuff just has the basic built-in sounds.

lol, ok i'll try all that, thanks man

iu

RE: Color more vibrant:
If you happen to have a NVIDIA graphics card experiment with "Digital Vibrance" in the "Adjust Desktop color settings" in the NVIDIA Control Panel. I toned my vibrance down and rail cars and buildings look a lot more realistic. Find whatever setting you enjoy.

Back