Advise please: what DLC(s) to buy to extend expand a default Steam Trainz 2019 DLC?

jerezatwinz

Also, what are the 3 most popular or best selling DLCS for TRS19. Are there routes for California and Switzerland? Thank you.

I could not find any specific California routes on the DLC (unless they are named as something else) but there are 29 free DLS California routes available for download.

I could only find one Switzerland DLC route - "Rheingold 1962" - but there are 2 on the DLS.

There are no stats published anywhere that I know of that will reveal the most popular DLC routes.

Thank you both.

Are the 29 free DLS units for TRS19. They are marked as TS12.

Also, if I download them using FCT. Will I still be able to use them after my FCT expires?

The 29 free DLS routes with "California" in their names are for Trainz build 3.8 which is Trainz Simulator 2 (Mac) and above, including T:ANE and TRS19.

Routes build for T:ANE should work in TRS19. I have had no trouble importing T:ANE routes into TRS19 - but this is not to say that there may be one or two that do not import well.

The FCT is only used to download from the DLS, it has no effect on anything after the download has completed. All that happens after it expires is that you will be unable to download any further routes at the higher speed, unless you renew your FCT. An expired FCT has no effect on anything you have already downloaded.

The 29 free DLS routes with "California" in their names are for Trainz build 3.8 which is Trainz Simulator 2 (Mac) and above, including T:ANE and TRS19.

Routes build for T:ANE should work in TRS19. I have had no trouble importing T:ANE routes into TRS19 - but this is not to say that there may be one or two that do not import well.

The FCT is only used to download from the DLS, it has no effect on anything after the download has completed. All that happens after it expires is that you will be unable to download any further routes at the higher speed, unless you renew your FCT. An expired FCT has no effect on anything you have already downloaded.

Excellent reply. Thank you very much.

I am totally new to train sims. I can't tell you how much time I already spent wasted trying to get your answer and spend money on DLCs :) --before I found this website to get clear answers. This website (auran.com) I'm in now apparently is the main 'go-to' site. Yaaayyy. (Getting into train sim as a hobby is almost as complicated as flight sims with their sometimes 1000 page references for each plane.)

I'm going to push my luck to see if I can get a similar answer: which DLC(s) should I buy to expand or extend one or more of the six DLCs that came with the Steam version of Trainz 2019?

Last edited:
I'm going to push my luck to see if I can get a similar answer: which DLC(s) should I buy to expand or extend one or more of the six DLCs that came with the Steam version of Trainz 2019?

Can't help you there as I don't have the Steam version and I do not have much in the way of purchased DLC. My main interest is in creating routes and sessions. Best wishes though.

Back