DLC In Next-Gen Trainz

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Just had a quick thought. I’m leaning more and more towards pre-ordering TRS22, regardless of pre-order bonuses, and if I have a new laptop by its release date. Currently, I own the standard edition of TANE SP4 (no Avery-Drexel, Season Town, etc.), and have bought a wide variety of Niddertalbahn sessions (plus Niddertalbahn and the Cornish mainline) plus the SnC. As TRS19 would automatically have all TANE content you owned be available for download, will TRS22 have the same? Because I really do think the routes bundled in with TANE are a real treat, and it’d be a shame to let it go. (Especially the ECML - my God, having the full 393-mile route, the same route the Flying Scotsman, Mallard, and the Deltics ran in a bygone era, on your computer… wow.)

Thanks in advance,

SRKing783

I would think they'll be there. I currently have it via the Trainz plus and I have access to all of the DLC's I currently own.
Unless its for compatibility reasons (or something) I don't see N3V preventing you from download your purchased items in TRS22.

Cheers

All the DLC I have ever purchased is still available to me in Trainz Plus (TRS19 and TRS22 versions).

It is not automatically installed when you update to a new version but when you open the Trainz Content Store and select "Purchased" or "Store" you will see the ones you have purchased but not installed with an "Install" button. Those that you have installed will have an "Uninstall" button (but you can still reinstall them later). Any you haven't purchased will have a purchase price on the button.

I recently read a note from one of the admin persons that whatever DLC you have purchased in TANE can be transferred or re-downloaded to the newer Trainz product.
Not to sure if this applies to a Steam purchased copy of Trainz ?

Unfortunately one cannot make a copy of purchased DLC in TANE.
However DLC purchased content can be copied and customised in TRS19 or 2022.

Now that TANE is old software maybe N3V could consider applying a patch and allow customers to make a copy of purchased DLC so that one can use the surveyor to customise the routes.

DLC is merely content you have purchased. Download it into whatever game it's "compatible" with. But know that SESSIONS in "Tane" routes, though advertised to be compatible with TRS19, may or may not work in TRS19 and thus, I suspect in TS22. I have Tane, several installs of TRS-19, and now TS22 beta. Each DLC item simply downloads from my "store" to the game. Will there be any issues with sessions (or other things) like there is with Tane sessions in TRS-19. We'll have to wait and see.

Note that these problems are more likely to be caused by scripts and such in DLS (freeware) content. I have reached a point where I run Tane routes in Tane and TRS-19 routes in '19. So far TS22 (very limited testing) looks like it's about the "same" as TS-19 as for compatibility. If you do get a copy of TS22 be sure to keep Tane installed as you too, may choose to use it for Tane routes.

Typical issues of running Tane sessons in TRS-19: Signals that don't function properly (stay red) and scripts that don't retain their status when a session is saved and reloaded. Oh, and the environment colors need to be reset/set when Tane routes are ran in '19.

Also, it just ocurred to me that a few roues have both a Tane edition and a '19 editon in the Store. I'm on Gold so both show up in my in game Store. So if you own the original version I'm not sure if you automatically get the new one or now. I believe you do (you'd have both), but you should contact N3V to confirm. But this is very rare. I do for example have both "Niddertalbahn" and a newer "Niddertalbahn (TS19)" in my store. But I see online the original route has a cost of $0.00.

Last edited:
I doubt that TANE will ever be changed to allow you to edit DLC. But as Peter says if you own DLC from N3V for TANE and you buy TRS19 or TRS22 then it is available to add and then you can clone and edit the clone. This is true for Steam versions too. The big difference in the Steam versions of DLC is they are only installed by the Steam Client into Steam versions of the game. You do not see it in the Content Store of non-Steam versions. But the opposite is true. DLC purchased from N3V does show up in the Content Store and can be installed into Steam versions of the game. I just took advantage of the N3V sale to add 8 new JR locos to both my N3V purchased TRS19 and my Steam version of TRS19.

Unable to find the easy way to get TRS22/ Trainz plus to download all the DLC at once but was able to download one at a time witch is a pain, have they remove the feature or is it hidden somewhere?

Just as a Note I have decied this time to only use routes and items that are fully DLS / Inbulit AKA base routes, DLC, DLS compatible this time to make it easier on myself

Thanks in advance

Tom

AFAIK, they removed the feature. A bit annoying, I know, but it is what it is. As far as content, I plan on only using my content packages until the full release of TRS22, then I plan on redownloading DLS and third-party content. I suggest that’s what most people do, personally.

Unable to find the easy way to get TRS22/ Trainz plus to download all the DLC at once but was able to download one at a time witch is a pain, have they remove the feature or is it hidden somewhere?

Just as a Note I have decied this time to only use routes and items that are fully DLS / Inbulit AKA base routes, DLC, DLS compatible this time to make it easier on myself

Thanks in advance

Tom

Using the Content Store, you can download multiple DLC packages at once, but do not do more than two or three at a time.

Back