Assets are now Payware?

Hi Trainzers

I have been made aware by a YouTube subscriber that many of the assets that I have on my route which is available on the DLS are now shown as payware items and therefore are not readily available to download. Any asset I have used on the route was readily available at the time I downloaded them and I never paid any extra for any of them.

Is there a way round this or am I wasting my time uploading any newer versions of my route (which is WIP) as anyone who has not already got these assets installed will struggle to use it?

Although I save my work to cdp on a stick I am also worried that if I have a PC failure or new PC I am going to encounter the same problem. I assume there is a folder somewhere on my PC that contains the assets which I should also backup to a stick - could someone please advise on this.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Steve

I have been made aware by a YouTube subscriber that many of the assets that I have on my route which is available on the DLS are now shown as payware items and therefore are not readily available to download. Any asset I have used on the route was readily available at the time I downloaded them and I never paid any extra for any of them.

Incorrect.

Basically, all DLC routes and sessions (which are mostly payware) now have to include in their downloadable packages all the assets that they have borrowed from the DLS. Previously they contained only the assets that were unique to the DLC route/session. This means that when you buy a DLC package it will download at the maximum possible speed and will contain all the assets. You will not have to then download all the DLS assets at a lower speed if you do not have an FCT, which was previously the case

The CM Status column of assets that are

1. on the DLS and,
  2. are part of a DLC package and,
  3. installed on your system

...will now show as "Packaged" and/or "Payware" (not sure of the exact distinction between those two). Some of the assets that I have uploaded to the DLS are now classified as "Packaged" because they have been added to a DLC item, which I have downloaded and installed, and are on my system (because I created them). The assets are still available on the DLS so you don't have to get the DLC package to get them.

Last edited:
Incorrect.

Basically, all DLC routes and sessions (which are mostly payware) now have to include in their downloadable packages all the assets that they have borrowed from the DLS. Previously they contained only the assets that were unique to the DLC route/session. This means that when you buy a DLC package it will download at the maximum possible speed and will contain all the assets. You will not have to then download all the DLS assets at a lower speed if you do not have an FCT, which was previously the case

The CM Status column of assets that are

1. on the DLS and,
  2. are part of a DLC package and,
  3. installed on your system

...will now show as "Packaged" and/or "Payware" (not sure of the exact distinction between those two). Some of the assets that I have uploaded to the DLS are now classified as "Packaged" because they have been added to a DLC item, which I have downloaded and installed, and are on my system (because I created them). The assets are still available on the DLS so you don't have to get the DLC package to get them.

Yes sorry you are correct and the subscriber has now been able to install my route with all the assets involved.

Panic over and thanks for the full info.

Steve

Back