Trainz Plus Beta Update now with S20 (115583)

There is the option of using classic of course, but what is the actual difficulty in terms of updating track segments?
for example, double click to highlight all the track between two junctions. With the fine adjustment tool, there’s a big anchor at each track end.
which operation causes you the most trouble?

its not the track. It’s the scenery splines. There are hundreds of them in short distances of one another. They overlap so it is hard to tell which handles belong to each of the splines.

Click on effects layer + and then in the effects window click on effect type. It now works like turfx using the settings in the pull out menu.
Thanks, I got that working. Now how do I change the color of the water. That used to be done in the environment section, but it doesn’t seem to work that way anymore.

Sorry, Environment settings > Lighting

This is like hide and seek. I did find the sky box, but then figured out it should be the lighting section so I am there. I found the place where it indicates the preview for the water. I changed the settings but nothing happens. What else needs to happen to transfer the preview light settings to the real water on the baseboard?

I haven't tried it in S20 (not near my S20 computer at the mo) but the way that lighting settings normally work (in S10) is you select a time dot and then set the lighting colours (and that means the water colours as well) for that time. In S10 the one time dot setting applied to all times on the time dial and this may still be the case, or they may have changed it so that you could set different water colours at different times of the day.

I haven't tried it in S20 (not near my S20 computer at the mo) but the way that lighting settings normally work (in S10) is you select a time dot and then set the lighting colours (and that means the water colours as well) for that time. In S10 the one time dot setting applied to all times on the time dial and this may still be the case, or they may have changed it so that you could set different water colours at different times of the day.

I tried it like I do in s10, but s20 doesn't seem to work the same, at least for the water.

I found the place where it indicates the preview for the water.
>>
This is used for the legacy water.
The sky preview setting has three clickable sections. You need to select a node, click in the top section, then change the rgb values.

>>
The sky preview setting has three clickable sections. You need to select a node, click in the top section, then change the rgb values.

I found the how to adjust the water color. Have no idea what "select a node" means. I could only find two clickable sections in the sky preview sections.

All I can say is that for someone new to Trainz this version with s20 is going to be a monumental challenge to get up and running. It needs a more refined manual for the beginner. The current manual assumes you have been a longtime user and are making the transition from s10 to s20, not starting with zero knowledge.

I cannot find a way to apply the clouds. In s10 when you clicked on the cloud there were about 8 options, in s20 there were none.

I finally found them.

Last edited:
Have no idea what "select a node" means.

I would presume that "node" means one of the green "time dots".

All I can say is that for someone new to Trainz this version with s20 is going to be a monumental challenge to get up and running. It needs a more refined manual for the beginner. The current manual assumes you have been a longtime user and are making the transition from s10 to s20, not starting with zero knowledge.

One would hope so.

>>

If this is what you mean I'm unable to select anything below the clock

Back