Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta Update now with S20 (115583)

I wish the symbol on the large assets like the Oil Field were larger. They are hard to find. They are much needed if you want to edit the starting parameters of the object.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

I've been poking around playing with the tools and becoming familiar with the interface. It was a great idea reading through the documentation first, which I did and reported a number of small things along the way.

Having the asset preview windows is awesome within Surveyor now. That is very helpful, but I wish there was a way to stop the asset from spinning around and allow us to move it manually so we can look at details.

What's missing is the asset KUID from the info panel. That was one very invaluable item in Surveyor 1.0

The mini-map should move with the compass in Surveyor.

The info click-points on the assets need to be bigger. At the present time, they're about the size of an ant footprint and difficult to find in cluttered areas.

The clickety-clack sound is back as it was in TS12. Hmm.

Some sounds cut in and out which is annoying.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

Bug reported:

Alpha characters can be entered into numeric-only fields. The values don't stick, but the characters can be entered.
    John
    TRS22 Beta tester

Surveyor does not seem to have a consist filter. I'd really like to be able to filter and organize my consists, as well as filtering engines and rolling stock...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

Quote Originally Posted by springtransit View Post
    Surveyor does not seem to have a consist filter. I'd really like to be able to filter and organize my consists, as well as filtering engines and rolling stock...
    There is none directly, but you can find consists by selecting trains and then putting Consist in the filter. Not all consists have icons and appear with greyed over Trainz logos, and nothing shown doesn't have a description, so we don't know what we're placing until we double-click on it. This feature is needed not only for trains and consists, but also for other assets as well. The generic thumbnails mean nothing to us unless we can tell what they are.

The alternative to typing in consist, or Consist is to type the name if you know what it is. The issue is still there is neither a preview image for all of the consists, nor way of knowing unless we double-click on the item in the list.
    Last edited by JCitron; November 27th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.
    John
    TRS22 Beta tester

I really miss the spline points on the track and object splines. I have several routes where there are hundreds of object splines which are close together and very difficult to pick out among the spline clutter. Find myself having to go back to the surveyor classic to manage them. It would be nice if there was a way to make them more visible in Surveyor 2.

Where is the water tool in the new surveyor? Can't find it in the manual or in the palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    Where is the water tool in the new surveyor? Can't find it in the manual or in the palettes.
    It is now an effect layer. I don't even have the beta, but I did read it somewhere in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Bert View Post
    I really miss the spline points on the track and object splines. I have several routes where there are hundreds of object splines which are close together and very difficult to pick out among the spline clutter. Find myself having to go back to the surveyor classic to manage them. It would be nice if there was a way to make them more visible in Surveyor 2.
    what sort of management do you want to do? Using Filter selection or Filter visibility you can narrow down what is editable or visible to just a specific asset. Using shift select you can highlight various segments. It should be easier to select a single vertex, so let me know what the goal is and we’ll see if there’s a more useful workflow in S20.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

What's missing is the asset KUID from the info panel. That was one very invaluable item in Surveyor 1.0

There’s two better options than seeing the kuid on screen…
    View asset in new window (opens CM directly).
    Or, select and Copy in Asset Palette, paste into a 3rd party program.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hmmm.... this is interesting. I played around with it briefly earlier. I really do like the new tools for world editing, but I think they're harder to use for editing trains and consists.

I may have completely missed this function somewhere but I can't find a way to select a whole consist beyond just clicking on every traincar. This makes rotating, deleting, etc. a consist rather than a train vehicle somewhat challenging.

I'm also bemoaning the loss of easy keyboard shortcuts. Formerly, I knew that I could click "R" on my keyboard, for example, and I would be sent to the rotation tool. If shortcuts like this are still around, I can't find them, meaning I'm actually doing a lot MORE clicking back and forth than I was before, antithetical to the idea of a "simplified workflow".

My observations after some testing:
    - full name of an asset (if longer than 25 characters) not visible anywhere
    - contextual menu icons a bit too small
    - vertex handles a bit too small
    - all vertex handles (track - spline) in the same color - no visible distinction
    - all vertex handles visible always - if I chose Filter visibility "Track" then Spline vertexes are still visible cluttering the screen.
    - no grade info in Track info panel only Position, Rotation and Layer. Grade and length of a track segment missing. Could find grade information of an track segment anywhere.

Overall excellent and easy to use.

Regards
    Darko

I have been runnings many routes and sessions with this build, and so far everything I have run and tested work as expected.

As mentioned before this thread needs to be separated into 2 separate ones; one for comments on the build itself and one for the new interface.

Content store search bar missing.

Quote Originally Posted by stagecoach View Post
    Content store search bar missing.
    Are you sure? If the window is narrow the search bar is hidden. Widen your page and see if it doesn't appear.
    22+ beta 116233; 19+ SP5 beta 116210; 19-Std SP3; Tane
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)
    Mac M1 Mini, Big Sur - 19+