Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday....hmmmm

Well it's not just N3V being stingy, the Steam sales are nothing special. Most items for TSW2 only discounted by 20%. I picked up OMSI 2 (the bus sim) for 30% off but I have read it attracted much bigger discounts previously. The Yorkshire 3.0 add on map DLC had no discount at all, though it's so brilliant worth a full price purchase and the whole lot was subsidised by the refund I had on there from the abysmal TSW2 West Cornwall route/Class 150.

Maybe N3V will be more generous with the discount at Christmas time, mistletoe and wine... (sorry for song burst).

Right, off to drive a bus...
    TRS22 Standalone - Please Add Surveyor 2.0

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    According to https://www.workandmoney.com/s/coffe...36e3c52b924cd7 a cup of coffee costs $US3.12 in New York. Buy a cup of coffee a day there for a week and that's $21.84. Buy one a day for 6 months and that's $US561.60.

An FCT for a week costs $US4.49, a bit more than one cup of coffee. An FCT for 6 months is $US19.99, which is less than a cup a day for just a week.

Giving up a few cups of coffee will benefit your health as well as pay for an FCT.

My thoughts.

I just returned from a trip back to NY. A cup of coffee isn't anywhere near Three bucks a cup, unless you go to somewhere way overpriced like a Starbucks, which I do not go to. I think the highest I paid was 2 bucks for a medium at some gas station convenience store, which I thought was outrageous.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    It's sad. In this age of ME, not only do people EXPECT a sale on Black Friday, they expect a sale on the exact item they want.

Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S. - Try giving thanks for something!
    I'm thankful that in my "golden" years I can still enjoy running trains (Trainz) at a fair cost because I cannot afford the cost of N or HO scale equipment to setup a model layout.

Thank you N3V for all that you do!
    ..and there is so much in life to be Thankful for.

Amen to that ! Happy Thanksgiving !
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    I just returned from a trip back to NY. A cup of coffee isn't anywhere near Three bucks a cup, unless you go to somewhere way overpriced like a Starbucks, which I do not go to. I think the highest I paid was 2 bucks for a medium at some gas station convenience store, which I thought was outrageous.
    Yep, price and experiences will vary but the principle is still the same. Even at (an overpriced, non-Starbuck) $US2 per cup a 6 month FCT is still great value at the cost of only 10 cups of coffee.

Disclaimer: I am not a coffee drinker but I am an FCT user.
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

I noticed this with the FCT as well. Very disappointing as that's the main thing I'm really interested in.

According to https://www.workandmoney.com/s/coffe...36e3c52b924cd7 a cup of coffee costs $US3.12 in New York. . .
    Of course, not everyone lives in New York or earns a "New York" salary. My thoughts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Of course, not everyone lives in New York or earns a "New York" salary.
    Milan, Italy, $US1.33 (but I have no idea what a "Milan" salary would be). But even at that low(???) price, a 6 month FCT is the equivalent of 15 cups of excellent Milan coffee, 2-3 cups a month.

Not all retailers here in Oz have embraced 'black Friday' its certainly not the 'sales day' as witnessed in the US. Nor do we here celebrate thanksgiving. My OP was not to critique N3V but to show my disappointment at not including it [they have in the past]. Cups of coffee, bandwidth, etc may be useful comparisons to the normal cost. however, IMO failing to discount an item [FCT] that a greater percentage of trainzers utilise, fails the pub test when it comes to a sale. Never-mind, maybe, as previously mentioned, we might see it in Santa's bag.
    Creator of Blue Mountains Line > Southern Region - Brighton Line > LB&SCR [London Brighton South Coast Railway routes.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by valbridge View Post
    Some great deals going but really disappointed first class tickets attract no discount. That's a pity.
    I also was hoping for a reasonable discount on a "Yearly FCT". (Now that interest me!!!). I immediately lost interest in purchasing any further DLC, because no FCT discounts...

Cheers, Mac...

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

If FCT's aren't on sale this time around, we can always hope for Christmas / New Years sale

I'm broke as I spent my spending money on other things else I would've picked up a few items. Oh well guess next time as they say.

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Of course, not everyone lives in New York or earns a "New York" salary. My thoughts.
    That's for sure. Get away from the Manhattan / Albany area in the eastern edge of the state, there is plenty of poverty due to the outrageously high retail and property taxes.
    I'm guessing that the FCT sale issue has something to do with the high inflation of essential items going around.
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf747 View Post
    I immediately lost interest in purchasing any further DLC, because no FCT discounts...
    You don't need an FCT to get the DLC at the maximum possible speed. Digital Software downloads (TRS19 software, etc) and DLC downloads are always sent out at the maximum bandwidth available. Only downloads of the free DLS content is subject to bandwidth controls and would need an FCT for maximum speeds. DLC assets are now packaged so that all the assets, including those assets that are on the DLS, are included in the high speed download.

Wink

You don't need an FCT to get the DLC at the maximum possible speed. Digital Software downloads (TRS19 software, etc) and DLC downloads are always sent out at the maximum bandwidth available. Only downloads of the free DLS content is subject to bandwidth controls and would need an FCT for maximum speeds. DLC assets are now packaged so that all the assets, including those assets that are on the DLS, are included in the high speed download.
    I already have a FCT. (DLC download speeds never came into my equation). I was hoping to purchase another 12 month FCT at a slightly discounted figure. If I was opening my wallet to buy a 12 mth discounted FCT renewal, then I would have probably also purchased some of the heaverly discounted loco's, rolling stock and maybe a payware route or two? I can't be bothered getting my credit card out of my wallet and going thru all the gobelly-gush, if what I'm really after isn't on sale.

Please don't misunderstand my comments. It's really great that NV3 are offering some very large discounts on a lot of their DLC contents. I'm sure a lot of the Trainz community will take full advantage of these genuine discounts.

Unfortunately, what I and clearly others where hoping for was some sort of genuine discounts on FCT's as well.
    (Just some sort of token gesture, by N3V, to say to the community, we really appreciate your loyalty over what has been a very trying 12 - 18 months period globally). Happy Trainzing...

Cheers, Mac...

And the point is, N3V have offered discounts on FCTs in the past so there is no direct correlation between the premium service and hosting/bandwidth costs. I already said elsewhere that due to ongoing issues with TRS19 SP3 and the botch job which is SP4, for the first time in several years I wasn’t going to automatically renew my FCT. A sweetener of 40 to 50% off might have changed my mind, so N3V have actually lost a sale.
    TRS22 Standalone - Please Add Surveyor 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    And the point is, N3V have offered discounts on FCTs in the past so there is no direct correlation between the premium service and hosting/bandwidth costs. I already said elsewhere that due to ongoing issues with TRS19 SP3 and the botch job which is SP4, for the first time in several years I wasn’t going to automatically renew my FCT. A sweetener of 40 to 50% off might have changed my mind, so N3V have actually lost a sale.
    Some people are just never satisfied and as somebody who runs a small business, this "Cut any and all of your profit margin so you can make 2/5 of bugger all on a sale that means nothing to nobody in my country or I won't buy anything" attitude that some people have is horrendous. Beyond greedy.

May I ask, since it's in your signature, what is TSW offering up for its Black Friday in regards to downloading all of its HUGE freeware range that it hosts at no cost to the community? I assume it has lots of content and customization if it's the future of train sims?