TRS19 SP4 Deletes .TEXTURE files???

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I've installed a piece of Blue_Sky_Interactive's content 'pf8244 2', into TRS19 SP4, and I get errors that there are no .texture.txt. Naturally, I figure it has .TEXTURE files. So I run it thru PEV's Image2TGA, and when I submit it, I get a new set of errors, saying that the .TEXTURE files are missing. I open the asset for editing, and the .TEXTURE files are missing! I have never seen this happen before, so I don't know what to do. I've even installed the asset in TS12 then transferred the .TEXTURE files over to TRS19 SP4 and they still disappear when I submit it. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I'm at my wits end at figuring out how to stop the files from deleting. I will note that I have used PEV's Image2TGA on several other pieces of content made by Blue_Sky_Interactive, and they worked just fine. I have looked in my recycle bin and the missing .TEXTURE files do not appear in it.

Hi Jordan :)

I couldn't find any BSI asset with that filename pf8244 2, but I assume it's a building of some kind, as BSI gives those types of alpha-numeric names to a lot of their building assets.

If you can send me the original Kuid via dropbox or something, I'll attempt to run the TGA process on my TRS19 install.

Rico

Texture files are the converted images (png/tga/etc) that are stored within the asset database. When you open an asset for editing it should restore the original format so the texture "mytex.texture" might become "mytex.tga". The exception seems to be DLC assets where the texture files are shown but you cannot edit or convert them.

A texture.txt file is just a text file that identifies the original texture files (png/tga/etc) to be used and how they are used.

That's the general theory but there may be exceptions that don't behave as described above.

Getting back to your original problem all you should need to do is create the relevant texture.txt files. See https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Texture.txt_file

Just to be clear, after doing save-as in Images2Tga, did not the .texture files get replaced with a .tga image and a texture.txt file with the same names?

I just took a look at the asset.

- <kuid2:151900:736543:1> : VE165: Texture 'pf8244a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'pf8244_2.im', material '*pf8244_2*97061F89*solidnorm1*m.onetex'.
- <kuid2:151900:736543:1> : VE165: Texture 'wdach3a.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'pf8244_2.im', material '*pf8244_2*75100901*solidnorm2*m.onetex'.

These errors refer to actual missing textures. The .texture file was not deleted by Images2TGA, which ran perfectly fine on the other assets within the pack.

The only texture that exists is pf8244b.tga and its related .texture.txt file.

As John said the two textures are missing. When I looked at the .im file in Mesh viewer This is what I saw.

Fix1.jpg

Fix2.jpg

Since both of these textures are located in the house you can do an easy fix.
I just created 2 new texture.txt files.
pf8244a.texture.txt
wdach3a.texture.txt

I then copied this in to those files.

Primary=sdach8a.tga
Tile=st
AlphaHint=opaque

fix3.jpg

The result

Fix-4.jpg

fix-5.jpg

Hope this helps.

Kenny

I figured it out!

Here's what I did:
First I opened 'pf8244 2' for editing.
Second, I copied and pasted the .TEXTURE file 'pf8244b'
Third, I renamed the copied file 'pf8244a'
Fourth, I copied and pasted the .TEXTURE file 'sdach8a'
Fifth, I renamed the copied file 'wdach3a'
Sixth, I now run all the .TEXTURE files thru PEV's Image2TGA.
Seventh, with all the missing .tga and .texture.txt files now there, I submit it and now there's no errors.

Back