ECML Routes Won't Run

dinsdale

Hi People,

Run-in TRS19 on Mac. I've successfully run sessions from the ECML roles, but recently they won't run, usually providing an error such as there is a derailment. I've uninstalled the routes, cleaned up the database and removed faulty items, and reinstalled. All to no avail. Ideas? Should I just uninstall the whole TRS19?

Andrew

There is a bug - a new beta version will be out this week that should resolve this issue.

The issues of derailments have been resolved. However I have Trainz Plus, and so I'm able to preview Trainz' new upcoming incarnation of "TRS22" for what is available to us right now. (At this time) the illumination of the signals used within the ECML (or any other route using these signals) looks terrible! You can't help not to notice. It is my hope that the team at N3V fixes this issue. This was not a problem in TRS19. This is Trainz' largest route; and an unfathomable amount of work and hours have gone into creating and updating it! However, in the last 3 years or so work has ceased... so very unfortunate and sad :(

Tony and N3V, we must not allow one of Trainz' most beautiful and prototypical routes to deteriorate with time. Besides the route's representative of your mother country -tee hee! :hehe:

The issues of derailments have been resolved. However I have Trainz Plus, and so I'm able to preview Trainz' new upcoming incarnation of "TRS22" for what is available to us right now. (At this time) the illumination of the signals used within the ECML (or any other route using these signals) looks terrible! You can't help not to notice. It is my hope that the team at N3V fixes this issue. This was not a problem in TRS19. This is Trainz' largest route; and an unfathomable amount of work and hours have gone into creating and updating it! However, in the last 3 years or so work has ceased... so very unfortunate and sad :(

Tony and N3V, we must not allow one of Trainz' most beautiful and prototypical routes to deteriorate with time. Besides the route's representative of your mother country -tee hee! :hehe:

You should also report this in the beta thread, and report the issue using the Bug Report, otherwise, the issue will go on unresolved.

Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Done. Reported in beta :) I feel the assets just need updating, and likely don't require a bug report. The signals don't simulate lighted bulbs within their respective bulb casings; just bright illuminated disks of green, yellow and red much larger than the bulb casings themselves -in other words totally unrealistic.

Last edited:
I have been getting the derail message every time I start C&O Hinton in SP4. I have seen the message from ClintClassic saying that derail bugs have been resolved but I am still on the downloaded version which hasn't updated. Do I need to download the patch and if so where do I find it please?

I have been getting the derail message every time I start C&O Hinton in SP4. I have seen the message from ClintClassic saying that derail bugs have been resolved but I am still on the downloaded version which hasn't updated. Do I need to download the patch and if so where do I find it please?

The patch is currently in beta, so hold off now unless you want to test it and then we highly, more than highly, meaning absolutely setup a second data-folder for testing only. If you want to hold off, the patch will be available soon enough and you can install it then.

Welcome to the forums!

Is the patch available yet?

The patch is currently in beta, so hold off now unless you want to test it and then we highly, more than highly, meaning absolutely setup a second data-folder for testing only. If you want to hold off, the patch will be available soon enough and you can install it then.

Welcome to the forums!

I haven't received any notification when starting TRS19 that patches are available and don't know where to go looking. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Back