Trainz 2019 - Import Builtin Content From Previous Version

After a long hiatus from Trainz, I decided to buy the 2019 version. Looks wonderful, and what little time I've had to experiment with it, I like it. However I immediately noticed the swath of assets missing which I had grown accustomed to having, coming from 2010.

I was able to package all my non-builtin content into CDPs with no issue, but I quickly realized a large portion of this content relies on builtin content which is no longer present.

I want to try and move the builtin content from 2010 to 2019, as simply as I can. Thus far I have been unsuccessful. The method of .ja files no longer seems to be supported in 2019, and simply opening content for edit, and directing 2019 to install those assets only results in a tsunami of faults and other errors that would take a millennia to fix individually. I need a batch processing method. Again, unfortunately, all my searches thus far have been widely unsuccessful.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

After a long hiatus from Trainz, I decided to buy the 2019 version. Looks wonderful, and what little time I've had to experiment with it, I like it. However I immediately noticed the swath of assets missing which I had grown accustomed to having, coming from 2010.

I was able to package all my non-builtin content into CDPs with no issue, but I quickly realized a large portion of this content relies on builtin content which is no longer present.

I want to try and move the builtin content from 2010 to 2019, as simply as I can. Thus far I have been unsuccessful. The method of .ja files no longer seems to be supported in 2019, and simply opening content for edit, and directing 2019 to install those assets only results in a tsunami of faults and other errors that would take a millennia to fix individually. I need a batch processing method. Again, unfortunately, all my searches thus far have been widely unsuccessful.

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated.

Most of the content should be on DLS. After installing all your non-DLS/non-built-in content. Just right click view missing deps and it should show them on the DLS.

Back