Some advice please-where to start?

Thank you for the advice and comments on the hardware requirements.

As a newcomer and just looking at the Trianz site for downloads none of this information is readily apparent and I think I have paid for and downloaded stuff that will never run. Currently it hasn't even managed to install and I am in contact with technical support about that.

There is no way I am going to get a Windows machine - sorry guys!!

I may look into replacing my MAC as it is 6 years old otherwise I think I will be giving up on this.

Upgrading the GPU, if you can may be an option? Assuming Apple has drivers for it, afraid I'm out of touch Mac wise as the last one I had was a G4, I got a bit miffed when they moved to Intel, up to that point I'd always used Mac and Windows.

Pretty sure there are at least a couple of people on here using the M1 Mac Minis successfully with TRS19 as the Graphics has had a substantial overhaul.

Thank you for the advice and comments on the hardware requirements.

As a newcomer and just looking at the Trianz site for downloads none of this information is readily apparent and I think I have paid for and downloaded stuff that will never run. Currently it hasn't even managed to install and I am in contact with technical support about that.

There is no way I am going to get a Windows machine - sorry guys!!

I may look into replacing my MAC as it is 6 years old otherwise I think I will be giving up on this.

Download Middleton for laptops and give it a whirl. Trainz can be run on lower end machines such as elderly Macs but you need to be very selective it what you run and set the performance sliders down towards the mimimum. https://www.jatws.org/johnw/middleton.zip contains most of it, the rest you'll need from the DLS.

A fair number of us have made the transition from physical models.

Cheerio John

Back