Superelevation broken

weevil

. . joined September 2001
Seems like superelevation is broken in TRS2019. In TANE using the properties tool on track spline points opens the dialog to enter the number of degrees of superelevation to apply. The difference is that in TANE, putting values in actually works. IN TRS 2019 it does nothing.
Same old Auran eh?
Have there been some changes to this tool so that it now works differently? It certainly no longer works the way it did in TANE!

Last edited:
It works in SP4, I use it in all my routes that didn't have it. RJArtim

Last edited:
Duplicate post. Where's the darned "delete post" button these days? :confused:

Last edited:
It works in SP4, I use it in all my routes that didn't have it.

Could you explain the process please? I laid a curved section of track and tried using the properties tool (advanced tab, question mark icon) to set the superelevation parameters. I was able to add values into the dialog box, but on applying and exiting the track remained completely flat.

I believe it is a video update issue in sp4. You have to move the spline to update the superelevation whereas before you did not.

Thanks to those who replied. After playing with this it seems as buggy as hell. On moving or height adjusting the first spline point it usually updates fine, the second one does sometimes but other times the tracks disconnect from each other and cannot be persuaded to reconnect.
Game breaking for me. Back to TANE. My compliments to Auran/N3V who have managed to consistently disappoint over a 20 year period. Impressive. I think the thing that is most amazing is that I usually manage to find something seriously wrong within half an hour of using each version. In this case it's even more notable, given that this particular version has had 4 service packs applied to it before I even risked buying. Still too soon apparently. . .

Last edited:
After playing with this it seems as buggy as hell.
>>
You've mentioned one issue. Are there others?

but other times the tracks disconnect from each other and cannot be persuaded to reconnect.
>>
Split spline would disconnect the track. But then moving would reconnect them. You'll need to provide more information so we can try to figure this one out.

I usually manage to find something seriously wrong within half an hour of using each version
>> So if you joined the beta and spent that half hour, then submitted a bug report, then your bug will most likely be fixed before release, not in SP5.

I can confirm that the track is not updating when the values are changed and that it is a refresh issue rather than the track not having the correct values.

(Update: I raised a bug about the refresh, it already got fixed and you'll be able to check it out in the TRS19 beta later this week).

Last edited:
Back