TRS22 Confirmed

Well, I did not expect this! I guess it really was a good idea for me to wait for the next generation of Trainz. This new game looks pretty good, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! (Hopefully I have a new computer by then.)

I can confirm:
1. The site is real (and will be updated December 1 with lots more info)
2. TRS19 SP4 will get the bug fixes as a free update (hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks)
3. Trainz Plus or Gold Class membership is required for the TRS22 beta test

This is turning into a "POPCORN THREAD". People already bleating about how bad it's going to be before the sim has even turned a wheel. If you dislike Trainz so much, go play something else until TRS22 is perfect, like all the competing train sims apparently are.

People already bleating about how bad it's going to be before the sim has even turned a wheel.

As President Obama once remarked (in reference to the US Congress) - "If you always oppose everything then when you are right you can crow about it. When you are wrong you can rely on the fact that most people will forget your opposition" (or words to that effect).

John2002, what is stopping you from downloading ORTS? From what I can see it is still fairly limited, and the graphics in the one video I watched did not impress. But if it floats your boat, go for it. Otherwise why your comment here?
I don't seem to have enough diskspace to afford 2 train simulators on 1 computer

...People already bleating about how bad it's going to be before the sim has even turned a wheel...

All one can hope for that it won't be as bad and ill put together as previous iterations of Trainz are/have been - only time will tell!

Rob.

I don't seem to have enough diskspace to afford 2 train simulators on 1 computer

Hello I had four trainz shortcut one of 2 TB SSD on three database and other TS12 hard drive get info, Rest on install at 1 TB SSD plus backup cdp on 240 GB SSD

sdd can 6 or 8 slot sata plug on motherboard!!

John

Says who?

Just because it's on the internet, that does not mean it is true. Although the https://info.trainzsimulator.com/ website links through to trainzportal.com, that is no guarantee that trainzsimulator.com is genuine. Any clever webdesigner can create connections like that.

Perhaps I'm too skeptical. But for the moment, I consider the aforementioned TRS22 a hoax. Don't immediately believe everything you see on the web, @BNSF1995. What we need is independent corroboration.

Perhaps you're too skeptical

Perhaps I'm too skeptical. But for the moment, I consider the aforementioned TRS22 a hoax. Don't immediately believe everything you see on the web... What we need is independent corroboration.

Nothing wrong with skepticism, especially when it comes to anything on the web or social media.

I can confirm:
1. The site is real (and will be updated December 1 with lots more info)
2. TRS19 SP4 will get the bug fixes as a free update (hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks)
3. Trainz Plus or Gold Class membership is required for the TRS22 beta test

Now would that be sufficient confirmation? Although I concede that you could argue about it being "independent". I suppose that it is always possible that someone, the "hoaxer", could have hacked Tony's account and posted the above but would that be turning skepticism into paranoia or a conspiracy theory? I guess that we will have to wait a few weeks until December 1 (which date/time zone??) to find out - at least for those of us who have not already downloaded and installed TRS22.

Last edited:
I sincerely do hope that the half baked retrograde TRS2019 SP4 will be fixed long before the release of TRS22!

Then, when TRS22 is finally released, we can all enjoy another round of patches and fumbled fixes, disappointment and failure, the comments such as "TRS22 is what TRS2019 should have been" etc. until the emergence of TRS2xxx sometime in the distant future - and it all starts again, some of us might still be around!

Rob.
My fears exactly. £60 for a potentially botched release which doesn’t radically change the core game either. At sale prices that’s up to five route DLCs for TSW2 which is actually providing me with considerable fun at present. Having a full day’s timetable plus things like Journey mode takes some beating. I will have to be convinced this is worth the money. With SP4 Trainz is in a very poor place and yes we can revert to SP3 but that’s not great either. For the first time in several years I’m probably not going to automatically renew my FCT when it expires in a few days.

Still, N3V may surprise us. We will get a flashy new Trainz where diamond crossings work, points that can be laid on curved track, controllable radius, an autonomous signaller who will route your train while running a full 24 hour timetable.

Things must be getting gloomy in the UK, coming into winter, fog starting to set in, new Trainz version on its way.:hehe:

This is all too confusing, - new build versions are constantly coming around the corner like No.9 buses.
Which despite N3V not wanting to move too far forward will still break more content, which will then be the content creators’ fault for not anticipating future changes. Cynical in our cold, grey, Covid infested UK. You betcha! :cool:

Which despite N3V not wanting to move too far forward will still break more content, which will then be the content creators’ fault for not anticipating future changes. Cynical in our cold, grey, Covid infested UK. You betcha! :cool:

Just waiting to see if '19 content is forwardportable.....

Just waiting to see if '19 content is forwardportable.....

I've imported one of my routes that was mad in TRS19 and no unknown items. It basically has the same content set as TRS19 with more content added to the game so far (things can change between now and release though).
The only thing different content wise will be the DLC packs that comes with the game which I don't use.

Cheers

Which sadly means it will be the same old Trainz with a bit of new polish, apart from Surveyor 2.0 nothing innovative as regards the driving experience, to offer something comparable to TSW2.

Back