TRS22 Confirmed

I will not buy it .

By the way : Did N3V finally updated and upload all the built in content ( hello Blue Sky Interactive ) from all previous trainz versions on the download station ?

I think the TRS22 development team must be really driven with enthusiasm after reading this thread, talk about depressing. It's Trainz, its a work in progress and probably always will be, but over the years it has developed thanks to N3V, the many testers who have contributed their knowledge and time, and everyone who has ever filled in a bug report. If Trainz run on a games console it probably would be near perfect but it doesn't, its installed on an unimaginable number of PC configurations running of all things Windows, from versions 7 to 11 the later versions of which change monthly. If TRS22 is what T:ANE of TRS2019 should have been so be it but even that's something to look forward to and should it goes beyond all the better. Perhaps its an age thing but I've learnt that like most things in life, quantifying something positives makes it far more productive and enjoying that quantifying its negatives which I believe includes Trainz. Peter

I was wondering why Auran is N3V now. Auran actually went defunct and N3V is a different company that picked up the rights to Trainz? Is N3V better for Trainz?

<Snip> new Trainz version on its way.

This is exciting stuff and am looking forward to the official release when it happens.

I will probably stick to the classic surveyor initially when working on my route. But will play about with the 2.2 surveyor on a test route to get to know it - hope it will be easy to use/adjust to otherwise I will :'( and that is not a pretty look! :hehe:

Last edited:
I was wondering why Auran is N3V now. Auran actually went defunct and N3V is a different company that picked up the rights to Trainz? Is N3V better for Trainz?

N3V Games is an Australian video game developer and publisher based in Helensvale, Queensland, Australia. Auran is now operated as a holding company, with operations and development ceded to N3V Games, a different closely held company.

This is turning into a "POPCORN THREAD". People already bleating about how bad it's going to be before the sim has even turned a wheel. If you dislike Trainz so much, go play something else until TRS22 is perfect, like all the competing train sims apparently are.

popcorn-eating-popcorn.gif

:hehe: Another classical thread about what NeverFailers should have done as in older Auranite times -yes, I'm older now on the verge of almost 20 years of trainzing but my recalls of the old Forum are still vivid - before the launch of the beginning of modernity in Trainz: TRS2006, despised by the ones who struggled for an absurd TRS2004 SP5.

The classics over this place can recall -along with me- that hilarious thread by the name of "Whiners and sunblowers": Nietzsche's "The eternal return of the same" :hehe:

Enjoy your popcorn, dear fellow trainzers.

The eternal side of Alberte :wave:

I remember that thread, Alberte and the crazy old days!

I too have been here for nearly a couple of decades myself. It's been an interesting ride seeing the product progress as it has with all its trials and tribulations along the way. Like many things, we're so close to it we don't cherish what we've got. I looked at other products, got annoyed with Trainz, stomped off for a bit, but end up coming back anyway.

Let's hope that TRS22 becomes even better than TRS2019.

Where can I get a good crystal ball, like the ones some people appear to have? Sight unseen, some have already decided it will be terrible and declare that the other sims are so much better while some just know it will do everything and more. While it might be fun to speculate, perhaps a wait and see approach would be more reasonable.. Then once it is released, everyone can pile on with their good, bad and ugly assessments based on actual data.

Where can I get a good crystal ball, like the ones some people appear to have? Sight unseen, some have already decided it will be terrible and declare that the other sims are so much better while some just know it will do everything and more. While it might be fun to speculate, perhaps a wait and see approach would be more reasonable.. Then once it is released, everyone can pile on with their good, bad and ugly assessments based on actual data.

Then once TRS22 comes out, people don their rose-colored glasses and look back at TRS2019 as the bestest version evah!

It will be a broken , subscription-only, DLC infested product where the ( guinea pigs ) subscribers will be forced to continously test the latest updates .

And it will have at least 5 service packs .

Oh, and forgot about the backward compatibility .

The negativity in this thread is just, beyond toxic. The lot of you. The game hasn't even been announced yet and you're already hating on it and talking about how much better TSW is and all this rubbish. No wonder younger generations have moved onto other forms of social media and left the old, grumpy crackpots on the forums.

There's a massive difference between constructive criticism, constructive feedback, & this. Be better, the lot of you.

points that can be laid on curved track

It's doable. Very doable. It just takes some time and a small straight before each point (as happens in real life). Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

Screenshot_2021-11-20_182245.png

Screenshot_2021-11-20_182919.png

Screenshot_2021-11-20_183035.png

Last edited:
The negativity in this thread is just, beyond toxic. The lot of you. The game hasn't even been announced yet and you're already hating on it and talking about how much better TSW is and all this rubbish. No wonder younger generations have moved onto other forms of social media and left the old, grumpy crackpots on the forums.

There's a massive difference between constructive criticism, constructive feedback, & this. Be better, the lot of you.

I was thinking it was all TIC and just the usual complaints. Otherwise it just wouldn't be Trainz. :)

OK, so I actually have a copy of TS22 (beta) and there is a thread for the TRS22 beta testers and it would be better if those interested just read that if they don't have access.

I'm still looking for the "wow" moment that says to me I need to go and buy it. A bit like a new car that looks like the same model of 10 years ago but has some more gadgets - that you probably won't ever use.

There are some cute, but tiny, little icons in CM though. Test Track still doesn't support steam locos and I look forward to that in TRS32. The graphics may be better but haven't quite found that yet. I suspect there will be new stuff, like Surveyor 2.0, that will provide the wow. Me, I'm looking for the kind of impact that PBR introduced in TS19.

Oh I expect I will probably fold and buy it anyway, just not a Day 1 purchase. Maybe this time hold out for the Steam edition (if it happens) and a sale.

I am kind of addicted to building my little (or not so little) model railway layouts.

It's just that those of us who have been around Trainz for a long time also know it pays not to raise one's expectations too high.

...It's just that those of us who have been around Trainz for a long time also know it pays not to raise one's expectations too high.

Yes, that echoes my feelings also. Indeed, we'll have to wait and see what N3V have to offer - one never knows, we might be pleasantly surprised! That's a statement of hope though, given the tortuous and painful path that Trainz has been in the past!

Hopefully it will be usable, backward compatible, available as a stand alone install - I would have to think long and hard about opting in to a subscription only regime - AND relatively snag free from the off.

I will wait for the feedback from the early uptakers before I make up my mind.

Rob.

Last edited:
Back