TRS22 Confirmed

Looks like they're heading deeper into Train Sim World territory. I do not think my computer will handle it and I might have to invest more in building it up more if I ever want that game.

No, this is not a joke or spam.

https://info.trainzsimulator.com/trs22

It's real.

Says who?

Just because it's on the internet, that does not mean it is true. Although the https://info.trainzsimulator.com/ website links through to trainzportal.com, that is no guarantee that trainzsimulator.com is genuine. Any clever webdesigner can create connections like that.

Perhaps I'm too skeptical. But for the moment, I consider the aforementioned TRS22 a hoax. Don't immediately believe everything you see on the web, @BNSF1995. What we need is independent corroboration.

Last edited:
Says who?

Just because it's on the internet, that does not mean it is true. Although the https://info.trainzsimulator.com/ website links through to trainzportal.com, that is no guarantee that trainzsimulator.com is genuine. Any clever webdesigner can create connections like that.

Perhaps I'm too skeptical. But for the moment, I consider the aforementioned TRS22 a hoax. Don't immediately believe everything you see on the web, @BNSF1995. What we need is independent corroboration.

No its a real site. You can get the link from here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...3-(TRS22)-Now-available&p=1897051#post1897051

Cheers

Egad, you're right, @hiawathamr! The source is Tony Hilliam, no less. I was wrong, and retract my suspicion that the trainzsimulator.com site is dubious. But.

I would like to put forward that Auran's PR approach is [edit:] incomprehensible. Why announce TRS22 surreptitiously on yet another site, but not on the regular auran.com one, nor in a clearly labelled forum thread, but instead deeply buried inside a forum discussion of TRS19? And why publish a website about TRS22 that says there is soon going to be a website about TRS22? Shut up until you're ready to go, I would recommend.

As far as I can see, no effort has been made yet to target paying customers owning TRS19 who might be interested in upgrading to a (hopefully even better...) version of Trainz. Where I do business, regular customers deserve a small, but noticeable bit of preferential treatment. No such approach with Auran.

Come on guys, you can do better, marketing-wise.

Last edited:
I don't understand it either (and I don't think others do as well).
I will say this however that N3V has some interesting ways of doing things.

Cheers

Well, Auran hasn't existed as anything other than a domain name since 2007 I believe. N3V is a different company. Trainzsimulator.com was the domain of the Trainz Store but it was changed to trainzportal.com at some point in time. Clearly the site for TRS22 is still being developed but Trainsimulator.com is the traditional domain for promoting new products.

TS3 is at https://info.trainzsimulator.com/ts3

They own the domains so why not use them.

Last edited:
From the link in post #11

"Changelist (from TRS19 SP4):
This update is quite a major change under the hood from SP4. You should see that most the issues raised with the SP4 release are now fixed in this update."

Does this mean that TRS2019 SP4 will not get these 'fixes'? Will I have to (eventually) purchase TRS22 to get them? Hmm, it has the makings of a conspiracy, with the emphasis on con!

Rob.

What a lot of noise! A storm in a teacup!

I downloaded and installed the new beta for Trainz Plus, TRS22, last night.

As for N3V preparing a website, allegedly at trainzsimulator.com, this is nothing new. I would expect anyone releasing a new product to have a supporting/marketing site up and running before the release, just not advertised. They (N3V) did a similar thing before the release of TRS19. I accidentally came across a series of images, TRS19 screenshots, that had been uploaded to the Trainz Wiki for the relevant user documentation before the official announcement of TRS19.

Now back to looking at TRS22, a much more productive activity than speculation!

Does this mean that TRS2019 SP4 will not get these 'fixes'? Will I have to (eventually) purchase TRS22 to get them? Hmm, it has the makings of a conspiracy, with the emphasis on con!

The term "con" is correct for anyone who believes that releasing an early TRS22 beta means that there will be no further "fixes" for TRS19. There is a long way to go before the retail version of TRS22 will be released.

Peter is right. There is only one codebase being worked on so any fixes for TRS19 will of course be in this beta of Trainz Plus. Whether there is a SP5 or just a hot fix 1, you will get bug fixes. What you won't get are features deemed exclusive to TRS22 unless of course you buy it.:)

I sincerely do hope that the half baked retrograde TRS2019 SP4 will be fixed long before the release of TRS22!

Then, when TRS22 is finally released, we can all enjoy another round of patches and fumbled fixes, disappointment and failure, the comments such as "TRS22 is what TRS2019 should have been" etc. until the emergence of TRS2xxx sometime in the distant future - and it all starts again, some of us might still be around!

Rob.

I should've gotten ORTS

Especially since there's tons of nicely detailed freeware rolling stock, especially ones that are accurately sized

Then, when TRS22 is finally released, we can all enjoy another round of patches and fumbled fixes, disappointment and failure, the comments such as "TRS22 is what TRS2019 should have been" etc. until the emergence of TRS2xxx sometime in the distant future - and it all starts again, some of us might still be around!

You can say that about any software release. "Windows XP is what Windows 3.1 should have been" ... "Office 2019 is what Office 2016, 13, 10, 07, 03 should have been". Microsoft, Apple and Adobe, with all their resources, have all had their "fumbled fixes". Incidentally there is a date bug in Excel 2019 that goes back to the earliest version released and it will never be fixed because the "fix" could break existing spreadsheets that use the date function.

Perhaps you should wait until TRS25 is out before purchasing the last TRS22 SP pack to be released to ensure that you get the latest and best possible (but never perfect) version.

The difference between the softwares you've quoted e.g. WinXP etc. and Trainz xxxx is an infinite gulf in that they were/are all eminently usable and reliable, whereas Trainz has a dismal track record of difficulties and failures that have been patched up like an old leaky shed roof!

Of course, I expect many will disagree with that, but many will agree!

Rob.

John2002, what is stopping you from downloading ORTS? From what I can see it is still fairly limited, and the graphics in the one video I watched did not impress. But if it floats your boat, go for it. Otherwise why your comment here?

Back