TRS22 Confirmed

Oh I expect I will probably fold and buy it anyway, just not a Day 1 purchase. Maybe this time hold out for the Steam edition (if it happens) and a sale.

I am kind of addicted to building my little (or not so little) model railway layouts.

It's just that those of us who have been around Trainz for a long time also know it pays not to raise one's expectations too high.

You will fold i can hear it in your voice, Vernon :D :hehe:.

Ignore what i said on the other forum, i was annoyed with the supercilious mod.

I have a Plus membership, so i might try this beta. Just so i can rip it too bits.

After 20 years of Auran\N3V, i never expect anything. I don't have any expectations, never mind high.

Mike.

The negativity in this thread is just, beyond toxic. The lot of you. The game hasn't even been announced yet and you're already hating on it and talking about how much better TSW is and all this rubbish. No wonder younger generations have moved onto other forms of social media and left the old, grumpy crackpots on the forums.

There's a massive difference between constructive criticism, constructive feedback, & this. Be better, the lot of you.
Have you considered that some of "those" might not know the difference!
It's doable. Very doable. It just takes some time and a small straight before each point (as happens in real life). Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter.

...]
Never left the facts get in the way of a good rant. LOL

Does anybody know the 22's requirements (beside s the requirement of buying it)?

Currently, with the beta it's the same as with TRS2019. I'm not sure if the performance requirements will increase unlike other programs we use.

..., so i might try this beta. Just so i can rip it too bits.

Mike.
just goes to show how Trainz can accommodate all tastes and needs. Although I doubt I would waste my money to buy something just dump on it, unless you have some faint hope it might actually turnout to be not so bad after all.

what else to expect?

look at MSTS/ORTS with all it's accurately proportioned and phototextured rolling stock, something Trainz was lacking for so long

Does anybody know the 22's requirements (beside s the requirement of buying it)?

Fortitude, a spirit of adventure, good sense of humour and not easily disappointed. On the technical side, an ability to fix broken assets will probably be most useful!

Rob.

Fortitude, a spirit of adventure, good sense of humour and not easily disappointed. On the technical side, an ability to fix broken assets will probably be most useful!

Rob.

Sad, but true. Having just got SP4 up and running properly my intrepid spirit of adventure needs a holiday. While I certainly appreciate the work Tony and the N3V team have put into recent updates and the dedication of the beta testers who made it all possible, - I will be waiting for a month or so after the final retail release of TRS22 before prying open my wallet and buying a copy.

It's just that those of us who have been around Trainz for a long time also know it pays not to raise one's expectations too high.
Sadly, when it comes to Trainz my expectations hardly move from the horizontal these days, Vern. :)

Is there a source for this? Seems rather cheap when the last two "new" versions sold at twice that for the base game.

I was mostly just going off what 19 was. It could very well be more then that.

Still a hard pass in my book if the only new thing we're getting out of it is a new route editor. Which could very well render every route that was made in the old editor incompatible with all trainz versions going forward.

Tony
[h=1]Do you solemnly swear to Supply us with bugs, the whole bug and nothing but bugs for trs22 so help you virtual god?[/h]

I was mostly just going off what 19 was. It could very well be more then that.

Still a hard pass in my book if the only new thing we're getting out of it is a new route editor. Which could very well render every route that was made in the old editor incompatible with all trainz versions going forward.
Surveyor 2 is a set of tools for building nothing more, it's not going to break routes, it won't cause incompatibility problems, it won't cause the sky to go purple with people running everywhere. Graphically so much better, even older assets look sharper. Reflections and shinyness have been toned down and the washed out effect into the sun is much more acceptable.

I hope this version of Trainz won't have an issue where it crashes to desktop at certain speeds.
That's a Windows driver issue, just happens to affect Trainz. Updating manufacturers drivers or equivalent WHQL drivers solves the problem.

I clicked on the link and it was a youtube video talking about the new TRS22. Albeit in French. Nothing harmful and definitely not spam. One trainzer's opinion piece in video form. Not sure why this user has not registered a copy but the youtube was definitely legit.

@lackoo1111

This is nothing more than 'eurotruck simulator' for railways and as such is hardly a competitor to Trainz never mind "RIP Trainz". In Train Life there's no route building for a start it's just pick up contracts and drive and there's nothing wrong with that in fact it looks quite fun but as a full Railway simulator I don't think so we'll see.

I've got to say this too. I have never come across a more negative outlook from so many users to a program that is only just in beta. Give TRS22 time to develop, time to become mature - then make your comments. I for one am really looking forward to see what TRS22 brings to the table particularly with surveyor 2.0.

Martyn

Last edited:
Back