Big upgrade

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Predator orion 50000 PO5-6155 17 GMG DTP AND ASUS ROG STRIX XG32VOR BHDR GMG FPD LOGICTECH G915 KEYBOARD

What do you all think poor laptop was getting overheated with some of the routes that mainly were PBR based i think ...

Once im sure i have everything running property i will post a userbenchmark ... did one while it was doing windoze 11 update that i did not realize was running and got gaming 107%

Starting by getting Tane running first as it has my routes in it then TRS19

Tom

Last edited:
Getting a big Pause with speakers buzzing in TRS19, trying TANE today got the same thing but not as bad changed some setting include increasing the pre-cache and it looks like its gone

Getting to the point where I really want to know what they developed this on to be able to run it at full settings, I just spent most of my savings getting this new system

Have sent a bug report

Tom

I think the software was designed to run on anything with the sliders. It was never designed to run with the sliders set to full on any specific hardware merely to take advantage of new hardware as it came out. Don't forget it was written a few years ago now when the GPUs were slower.

Currently a RTX 3080 TI holds the speed record and if you try Middleton for laptops on it you might even get close to using all the sliders set to high. Content makes a big difference. There are a couple of sketchup models on the DLS drop them in a layout and even the RTX 3080 TI will have problems.

You need a fast CPU or Two to keep the GPU fed, plenty of RAM, I have some 64 gigs floating around, and something like a 2 TB NMVE SSD a Samsung 970 isn't too bad but there are even faster SSDs around now. The size matters on the SSD by the way the bigger drives have better cache.

Cheerio John

Predator P05-615
I7-10700K 3.8GHZ 8 core but predator sence can set it higher
Video is RTX2070 super
16gb mem
512MB SSD split in 2
2TB Main drive

tom

Back