Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz Plus Beta 115373 (TRS22) Now available

Default Trainz Plus Beta 115373 (TRS22) Now available

Trainz Plus 114800 to Trainz Plus Beta 115373 is now available for Trainz Plus and Gold Class members (PC only at this stage). Please note this is a 9.4GB update.

It is also likely that additional large updates will be required as we continue to update the content set during the beta testing.

You will notice that this beta release will have the “TRS22” branding (i.e. the Title Bar shows Trainz Railroad Simulator 22). Full details of what is included in TRS22 and when it will be released will be announced in the coming weeks. For now there’s a landing page for TRS22 here.

Trainz Plus and Gold Class members of course will get access to TRS22 as part of their membership.

Patch Information:
    The patch is available using the Trainz Plus Beta patch stream for PC users only.

This is a large patch (9.4GB) due to changes in the content set.

It is also trainzbuild 5.0, making content created in this version incompatible with the current TRS19 builds.

NOTE: This update will create a new TRS22.exe (which means and TRS19.exe shortcuts will no longer work).
    When you start TRS22 it will create a new local data folder. To access your old TRS19 data folder, open Trainz Settings > Install tab and navigate to your old folder, then restart Trainz.
    e.g.
    A new folder will be created here - C:\Users\<your PC name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs22\build hs8cfd6h1
    Navigate to your old folder here - C:\Users\<your PC name>\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build tr31qst51

TRS22 Content currently includes:
    Bairnsdale to Orbost - simc:822
    Beloreck - South Ural Mountains - simc:659
    Liskeard to Looe - simc:633

Soon to come:
    West from Denver - simc:733

Then one more route to be announced.

This content has been getting a number of updates and we're still adding final polish. We'd really appreciate feedback on each of the routes and sessions.

Surveyor 2.0
    This Trainz Plus build does not have access to S20 just yet - that will be coming very soon (once we make a few more updates).

Changelist (from TRS19 SP4):
    This update is quite a major change under the hood from SP4. You should see that most the issues raised with the SP4 release are now fixed in this update.
    One noticeable change is that the default Grid that has been the hallmark of creating a new route has now been replaced by a default Region ground texture.
    You can use bulk update if you wish to switch back to the Grid (S20 will provide an option to switch modes from Grid, Wireframe and Ground Texture)
    The derailments on loading certain sessions should be fixed.

Known Issues:
    The faster than expected animation of some wheels, we've worked out that turning Phsyx On resolves the problem. We need to investigate further why some locos are worse than others.
    Tidewater rogue track is not yet fixed.

Bug Reports:
    Please submit your bug reports through our online form here.

I cannot stress enough that you please include FULL DETAILS about the issue.

In other words, saying "The game crashes" isn't a bug report. Please include details including whether it happens in Surveyor and Driver, include the route and session KUID and any other relevant information.

We also recommend that you try to reproduce the issue by creating a fresh local data folder and installing only that offending route and session.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; November 18th, 2021 at 09:24 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Hi Tony,

Just trying to DL this patch - barely getting 100 kb/s DL speed, even after PC restart and modem reset.
    Never had this issue with previous updates - and I doubt that the your server would be overloaded at this point.
    butler57

Thanks for the report - we've done some testing and it appears there is a major Internet speed issue in Queensland, Sydney and South Australia (perhaps other locations too), so we're getting the same as you. From Victoria it took <1 minute, and we got 6 minutes from our server in the US (not where the files are hosted).

I'd suggest retrying later in the day.
    Tony Hilliam

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

Got it downloaded and installed successfully but can't launch it

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Access is through Trainz Plus or Gold Class membership. It looks like you have patch access for your DLC content creation, not Trainz Plus game access.
    Tony Hilliam

United States of America, Illinois, Rockford
    Blog Entries

I guess it was from the time I was manually assigned the Trainz + feature for SP2 to help bring TANE DLC's up to TRS19 standards in a quick way...
    No disappointment I'll just renew the membership and figure out which one I want to go with ASAP

Cheers

NARM's site^

My personal site: https://hiawathamr.weebly.com/​

Thailand, Phu Pan Nat'l park proud neighbor
    Blog Entries

Question

dl 2 hours and installed only lack authorisation. It installed on TNI Physics beta ,whatever that was, not remember that from before.
    i did change afterwards the stream to trainz plus beta but of course still have the authorisation problem.
    Last edited by RoysTrainz; November 18th, 2021 at 03:17 AM.
    The makers of the famous Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Master my all new TRS19/22 Canadian Rocky Mountains routes
    Current Gold Class TRS22 115628 Beta Tester

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

Interesting screenshot on the new TRS22 landing page. Either you have made amazing progress in the in game rendering or that image isn't from the E2 engine. Care to offer details?

Blog Entries

Downloaded (eventually!) and sorted out the logon and user data folder. Ready to start playing when I find some time.

Paul

I had the same problems as pcas1986 - logon and getting trainz22 to find my TRS19 data folder etc.
    2 hour download
    Doing database rebuild now
    Hope all is good!!!!

Perhaps if there are issues with the Logon and database some guidelines for the not so wise.
    butler57

I’ve finished installing and now trs19 is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by duskeyduskey View Post
    I’ve finished installing and now trs19 is gone.
    Surely you are not testing a beta on your main install? Never a wise move! Beta should be kept separate

Blog Entries

I have my beta on a completely separate computer.

Download and install took about 2hrs. Now to explore.
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Surely you are not testing a beta on your main install? Never a wise move! Beta should be kept separate
    No, I am not testing beta on my main install.

Quote Originally Posted by duskeyduskey View Post
    No, I am not testing beta on my main install.
    That's good, you wouldn't want something dire to happen and lose everything