Trainz Plus Beta 115373 (TRS22) Now available

I responded to QA on the CM loading time of the installed assets. I have 53,074 installed assets in list form. It takes over 2 minutes to load these but only 1 second to load my content. Everything is fine with build 114800 on the same hard drive.

Dear N3V,
Whilst undertaking some Beta testing on build 115373 I tried to use the GCR route and loaded up a CDP file of the latest version. There are numerous problems which include all tunnels are reported as FAULTY. The problems concern assets provided by Bloodnok;
kuid2:60850:37902:2 Tunnel bore double (Stone)
kuid2:60850:28902:1 UK Tunnel 2track Stone [the 1track version appears OK]
The problem refers to missing texture files, but all attempts to add copies from the 1track version and attempts to alter the config files have been unsuccessful, probably due to my limited experience with these matters.
Other problems involve road bridges being shortened, kuid2:84609:32165:1 Angle Plate Bridge Road, and missing sections, kuid2: 52:37361:1 FMA bank 12.
Many of these problems can be solved by rebuilding the route, but I lack the incentive and energy required to do this. Consequently I will cease any further testing and return to working with build 114800.

Regards,

Peter

CM isn't currently reliable: after importing a few CDPs, there are 96 assets in the "editing" folder, but it says there is not any!

Having tested TRS22 for a few days now I am quite impressed. Sound quality seems to have improved.

Some sessions like S&C CTD, but this could be due to it being a Beta.

Would it be wise to delete the TRS19 folder as it is taking up disc space. I have backed up this folder.

Regards Dave.

3. Re: Content Manager loading times

Could anyone having a problem please provide details of how many assets you have installed (filter on Installed in CM), and how big your assets.tdx file is (found in the local data folder), and how long it takes to open CM.
I have run a comparison of different builds and this is the outcome:
Build 110491 has 46260 assets and it took about 2 seconds. The assets.tdx file size is 131,068 KB
Build 114800 has 37384 assets and it took about 2 seconds. The assets.tdx file size is 127,846 KB
Build 115373 has 37776 assets and it took over 4 min. The assets.tdx file size is 127,887 KB

Once the CM completed for the build 115373 if you went to any other filter and came back it was 2 sec. You could also exit the game and come back in and it would be 2 sec. But, if you turned off the PC and came back on it would take over 4 min again for the CM to list installed assets.

3. Re: Content Manager loading times

Could anyone having a problem please provide details of how many assets you have installed (filter on Installed in CM), and how big your assets.tdx file is (found in the local data folder), and how long it takes to open CM.

Comparison between TRS19 SP4 and TRS22 Beta, both on separate SSDs.

114800 145,766KB 1 second

115373 138,531KB 26 seconds ..... Ouch!

91,300 assets in CM and assets.tdx is 154MB: between 5 and 10 seconds (on an SSD) on first opening, about 2 the next times. In TRS19 it was 1 second or less (with the same userdata folder) in all cases. TRS22 is installed over TRS19 114800 and I ran an EDBR (that lasted for about 2 hours), then the "prebuild" command.

Last edited:
I have run a comparison of different builds and this is the outcome:
Build 110491 has 46260 assets and it took about 2 seconds. The assets.tdx file size is 131,068 KB
Build 114800 has 37384 assets and it took about 2 seconds. The assets.tdx file size is 127,846 KB
Build 115373 has 37776 assets and it took over 4 min. The assets.tdx file size is 127,887 KB

Once the CM completed for the build 115373 if you went to any other filter and came back it was 2 sec. You could also exit the game and come back in and it would be 2 sec. But, if you turned off the PC and came back on it would take over 4 min again for the CM to list installed assets.

About the same here.

I have been finding that some trains/locomotives have strange colors. The best example is from the Sebeno Lake Route and the Pro Trainz ETR 1000 High Speed Run session. The 3DZ ETR 1000 3 car is the correct bright red color. The 3DZ ETR 1000 1 car is a dirty maroon.

I have reported several of these color issues to QA.

Question on the sharpening feature when using the ultra setting in post processing.

How does this differ from the sharpening setting used in the nVidia Control panel? If one uses the Trainz sharpening feature should you turn off the nVidia sharpening feature?

<kuid2:88211:100008:18> Bairnsdale to Orbost Line C1970-80s: this fence was already floating in TRS19:

fjffcp.jpg

Last edited:
Another comment about CM being slow to load....
SOMETIMES my CM is slow on first use after a game launch, but not always. And when it is slow, if I quit and relaunch game, it will then be fast again. Very weird and very hit and miss here. I can't coralate the issue to anything..

If I try to edit "Hawaii Railway" route (payware from Control Point Simulations), the window below pops up. As soon as I click "Continue" or "Continue and Ignore Errors" the game crashes to desktop. There was no issue in TRS19.

poicjn.jpg

Last edited:
<kuid2:88211:100008:18> Bairnsdale to Orbost Line C1970-80s: this fence was already floating in TRS19:

fjffcp.jpg

That floating fence is not caused by the programme, it needed some extra spline points. Because the fence is parallel and disappears into the ground, it appears like the content creator might have inadvertently locked the spline points.

Regards
Bob

That floating fence is not caused by the programme, it needed some extra spline points. Because the fence is parallel and disappears into the ground, it appears like the content creator might have inadvertently locked the spline points.

If you look long enough through any routes, mine included, you will see plenty of "creator made glitches".

I have identical local folders for TRS19 & TRS22
Content Manager opens in about the same time in both
My Route loads a lot quicker in TRS22 than TRS19
TRS19 37 - 44 seconds
TRS22 17 - 29 seconds

Content manager not working selected
installed - enabled - true
but was unable to change it to - false
it only accepts original request but wont change if options changed

Get this when first starting TRS22

>>
known issue, fixed in the next update

>>
known issue, fixed in the next update

Thank you for this update because I was going to report the problem and this saved me the trouble.

There's a quick workaround for this if anyone is interested.

Change the view to Installed then choose the other one.

tony, what is new and improved about TS22 to constitute this being called the next sim?
I have downloaded the beta and as far as I can tell. its not really any different at all, other than the sharpening effect added, a new compass skin and a lot of broken JR assets.
or have you guys adopted the same method dovetail games uses, same game just new content?
thank you
I just noticed that S20 will not be Part of TRS 22 (for non-Plus users), so are there major changes in TRS 2022? Some little tweaks here and then and content which i am maybe interested in 10% are not worth a new Trainz version in my eyes.

I have Trainz Plus, but I really do not like the way Trainz goes. Users using the "one time buy"-way seem to be users second class. Now even at the time of the release!

Last edited:
Agree with Basti. hey, wie gehts?
Surveyor 2 sofar would be the only unique buying argument for me,
don't like the subscription system (not a matter of money)
I would pay 100eu for a full/ no subscription TRS22
and 200eu if it stops accessing the internet

Back