Trainz Plus Beta 115373 (TRS22) Now available

I have Trainz Plus, but I really do not like the way Trainz goes. Users using the "one time buy"-way seem to be users second class. Now even at the time of the release!

Surveyor 2 sofar would be the only unique buying argument for me,
don't like the subscription system (not a matter of money)

We go through this "debate" with every new version of Trainz. Certainly no-one is forcing anyone to upgrade or go "subscription" and different users will have different reasons for upgrading or not upgrading.

As a former subscription skeptic I very recently decided to go to Train Plus mainly because of the new features that it offered (and promised) and the quarterly updates. I am not really interested in DLC so I do not have the Gold subscription as well.

The claim that "one time buy" users are now "second class" is nonsense. The "one time buy" users will get the new features in the future release (or in a major SP update) but not immediately. The same principle applies everywhere - you want the product with the standard features then you pay the basic price. You want the extra features, you pay a higher price, its simple. A few product models later the "extras" will become part of the standard model. It works with cars, TVs, toasters as well as software.

Incidentally, TRS19 Platinum Edition have the UDS Interface while TRS19 Standard does not. Does this make TRS19 Standard users "third class"?

My Trainz Plus annual subscription costs about as much as my annual anti-Virus anti-Malware anti-Phishing anti-Ransomware and system tune-up subscription, but is much more fun.

Each to their own and I have no regrets going to Plus (and now TRS22 beta).

My opinions.

I just noticed that S20 will not be Part of TRS 22 (for non-Plus users), so are there major changes in TRS 2022? Some little tweaks here and then and content which i am maybe interested in 10% are not worth a new Trainz version in my eyes.

I have Trainz Plus, but I really do not like the way Trainz goes. Users using the "one time buy"-way seem to be users second class. Now even at the time of the release!
Says who?
TRS22 is in the beta testing stage and only the driver and surveyor 1 "modules" are being tested at present. We have just got a look at the manual for Surveyor 2 and the actual Surveyor 2 "module" will be tested in a coming beta.
Someone has to beta test the new version and subscribing customers get first go at it because that is what we specifically pay for. Bleeding edge beta testers who are paying for the privelege have more "skin in the game".
Eventually we will have TRS22 as a full version with Surveyor 2, better graphics and who knows what other goodies will be thrown in to the final release.

Says who?
Tony on Discord:
thilliam: Sorry to disappoint. S20 will be a Trainz Plus feature for a while yet.

We go through this "debate" with every new version of Trainz. Certainly no-one is forcing anyone to upgrade or go "subscription" and different users will have different reasons for upgrading or not upgrading.

As far I remember, until now there have been smaller parts as subscription only and mostly features that came up after the last major release. S20 has been announced some time ago and will still not be part of the next major release.

As asked, which other major feature will be in TRS2022 if not S20?

Keeping such big new features off a new major release to gain subscription users has - in my eyes - a taste of milking the cows.

But as Tony told me - let's wait for the official announcement.

so I was able to install TRS22 by upgrading my membership but my only issue is accessing the folder with all the content from TRS19 and putting it in TRS22, how do I go about doing this?

Either redirect the install path to the old folder location or be safe and copy the old data build folder to a new location and direct the path to it.

so I was able to install TRS22 by upgrading my membership but my only issue is accessing the folder with all the content from TRS19 and putting it in TRS22, how do I go about doing this?

Jamal,

This version will create its own data folder instead of finding your old one. TRS22 is also a new version, creating Trainz Build 5.0 assets, so it's best you keep your data separate, besides, it's good for testing in case you want to compare apples to pears. :)

So, with that said, copy your TRS19 data folder to another location and then do this:

Rename that data folder to TRS22_DATA, or something you will recognize as being different.

On the TRS22 Launcher, click on Trainz Settings.
Click on the Install tab.
Next to the path that shows a default setup, click on the three dots (...) on the far right.

Windows File Explorer will open up.

Browse to where you placed your copied folder.
Open the folder.
Click Select.

TRS22 will run a quick "updating translations", whatever that means and will request a restart.

Restart as required, and let it complete a database repair.

The DBR can take a while, depending upon how much content you have. The process may look to be stalled, but leave it alone and let it complete. Once completed, check Content Manager. At the present time, there's a known issue as mentioned by Tony, where the data will take a long time to load. Let it do its thing then open up the Faulty content. You may or may not have some faulty assets. If you have any, click on the assets and choose view errors and warnings. When I did that, all of my faulty content, all 5 assets, cleared from the view.

You are all set and you can now proceed with your testing.

If you installed this on a regular hard disk, I highly recommend running a defrag after this install due to the amount of data being thrashed about. I noticed this makes a big difference in performance.

Last edited:
it worked I have the game running, I honestly liked using TRS19 before the 114800 patch and TRS22, I can't even change destination textures on my trains, I change the texture and it stays at the default texture. I know it's just a beta, but I might consider deleting the whole game and reinstall it using it at the previous patch before 114800. I use the "K M Spark <kuid2:571870:2070:3>" and before patch 114800 if I lay it down in surveyor mode it will show until you run driver mode where the corona only flashes when the bogey passes it, now even in driver mode it stays lit.

I'm glad you go it working.

Switching back to the pre-SP4, presents its own issues. This works fine if you haven't saved anything because once an asset is updated, it doesn't go back to the previous build due to data changes in routes and sessions.

Your spark issue sounds to be to be a scripting problem. Your best bet is to report this as a bug using the bug report form. Trainz Bug Report (typeform.com)

Fill out as many details as possible and get this into the works before the beta goes too far.

1. Texture replacement not working - known issue (being investigated)

2. Content Manager not refreshing - known issue (fixed)

3. Re: Content Manager loading times

Could anyone having a problem please provide details of how many assets you have installed (filter on Installed in CM), and how big your assets.tdx file is (found in the local data folder), and how long it takes to open CM.

4. Mouseover tooltips for rotate - known issue (fixed)

5. Deneban, I did reply and I'm waiting for your full report:

"If so, please provide a step by step example with the assets you have open in CM and in-game, and what the time delay used to be and what it is now. Any change in performance or time to execute anything is unintended so having a test case before and after is required."

In response to that you also said you'd post a youtube video but I don't have a link for that. I would suggest submitting your information via the
Trainz Bug Report form so that it can be followed up through our official process rather than 7 different forum threads where things will be lost.

I can reiterate that we're based in Oz so no where near the server, so this isn't related to the issue you're seeing. Just stick to spelling out the problem in details and we can let the dev team work out the cause and how to resolve it.

With the update I also noticed the date filter in content manager is once again not working. Not sure if that's what's meant in number two or whether this is a seperate issue.

Last edited:
With the update I also noticed the date filter in content manager is once again not working. Not sure if that's what's meant in number two or whether this is a seperate issue.

The content doesn't update when you change filters such as going to faulty from On Download Station.

The workaround I found is go to Installed then choose the one you want.

Content Manager is also really, really slow too, so have patience while it's doing things. It's not hung, it's just moving slowly as it reads the data.

John - what hard drive are you using for your local data folder? (Full tech spec would be great)

Ok, so I discovered one bug of note and that has to do with the AJS script:

What happens is that when you apply a livery to a certain piece of rolling stock. (Say Andi's LNER Teaks) If there are other rolling stock of the same model, the stock will also get that said livery applied to it without doing the "Apply to Train" function in the AJS library menu.

Essentially, you change one specific wagon/coach's livery, you change the entire consist's liveries instead of just one specific piece.

The content doesn't update when you change filters such as going to faulty from On Download Station.

The workaround I found is go to Installed then choose the one you want.

Content Manager is also really, really slow too, so have patience while it's doing things. It's not hung, it's just moving slowly as it reads the data.

I can agree with this. You have to wait for install to slowly load first while download station is instant.
Build 115628.

Last edited:
TRS22 Installation

Jamal,

This version will create its own data folder instead of finding your old one. TRS22 is also a new version, creating Trainz Build 5.0 assets, so it's best you keep your data separate, besides, it's good for testing in case you want to compare apples to pears. :)

So, with that said, copy your TRS19 data folder to another location and then do this:

Rename that data folder to TRS22_DATA, or something you will recognize as being different.

On the TRS22 Launcher, click on Trainz Settings.
Click on the Install tab.
Next to the path that shows a default setup, click on the three dots (...) on the far right.

Windows File Explorer will open up.

Browse to where you placed your copied folder.
Open the folder.
Click Select.

TRS22 will run a quick "updating translations", whatever that means and will request a restart.

Restart as required, and let it complete a database repair.

The DBR can take a while, depending upon how much content you have. The process may look to be stalled, but leave it alone and let it complete. Once completed, check Content Manager. At the present time, there's a known issue as mentioned by Tony, where the data will take a long time to load. Let it do its thing then open up the Faulty content. You may or may not have some faulty assets. If you have any, click on the assets and choose view errors and warnings. When I did that, all of my faulty content, all 5 assets, cleared from the view.

You are all set and you can now proceed with your testing.

If you installed this on a regular hard disk, I highly recommend running a defrag after this install due to the amount of data being thrashed about. I noticed this makes a big difference in performance.

Thanks, JCitron, This is a common dilemma for many users... This should be a sticky!

Hi Most Loving Friends.

I have Trainz 19 Bulid 114863 and install my pc.so help me if i download Trainz 22 ............so remove Trainz 19 first.............help me

Thanks Sufi Abid hussain

Hello,

We seem to have lost the option of expanding or compressing the route schematic at the bottom of the screeb by a mouse-over and wheel. True?

Paul

Back