Trainz Plus Beta 115373 (TRS22) Now available

Alright, I deleted and am reinstalling the game on my computer and going to try again, I just hope that this time, it works, this is absolutely frustrating, that's 3 to 4 times I tried to switch over to 22, but the same thing is occurring again, unable to find the installation path

Last edited:
DLC route <kuid:903091:101295> Rodnye Prostory - SND:

uf8svs.jpg

6k9qeu.jpg

DLC route <kuid:903091:101295> Rodnye Prostory - SND:
Doesn't look great, but, it has more to do with the preformed junctions used and mixing with PBR textures than anything else. You can clearly see the standard texture is used at a large scale whereas the PBR gravel is towards the smaller end of the scale.

Last edited:
Doesn't look great, but, it has more to do with the preformed junctions used and mixing with PBR textures than anything else. You can clearly see the standard texture is used at a large scale whereas the PBR gravel is towards the smaller end of the scale.
Under the performance settings, turn the 'shader quality' down to 'standard', that will fix the conflict issue with PBR textures.
Regards
Bob

I think it's showing missing sleepers? HPL please confirm. Looks fine on my system (but we've had HPL reporting missing track on many previous occasions, and we've fixed some of them, but generally cannot repro (like in this case).

In other updates - the various script/texture/running number issues reported are all reproduceable so will be fixed for the next update.

The ultra post-processing does have a new sharpen effect added (I'd missed that info). We'd like to hear your feedback on each of the post-processing settings. Please be specific in your feedback. In other words, saying "It looks crap" isn't feedback we can act upon ;). If you're able to use photoshop and provide an updated image of what you think looks better, then you get bonus points!

Re the water effect layer - here's the wiki entry. https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Water_Effect_Layer

Last edited:
Under the performance settings, turn the 'shader quality' down to 'standard', that will fix the conflict issue with PBR textures.
Regards
Bob
But then you lose out on PBR textures. It's encumbent on the route builder to ensure it doesn't happen and it's not difficult to swap the textures for a PBR one. Especially when it's payware.

I think it's showing missing sleepers? HPL please confirm. Looks fine on my system (but we've had HPL reporting missing track on many previous occasions, and we've fixed some of them, but generally cannot repro (like in this case).

In other updates - the various script/texture/running number issues reported are all reproduceable so will be fixed for the next update.

The ultra post-processing does have a new sharpen effect added (I'd missed that info). We'd like to hear your feedback on each of the post-processing settings. Please be specific in your feedback. In other words, saying "It looks crap" isn't feedback we can act upon ;). If you're able to use photoshop and provide an updated image of what you think looks better, then you get bonus points!

The first shot is on High, the second is on Ultra High. Unfortunately, the screenshot images are not as good as the actual screen itself. On Ultra, the image is far too sharp and makes the screen unrealistic (just like a badly blown-up photograph) It would look better turned down a few notches.

Regards
Bob

I like the ultra shot better, more definition in the textures. I could never get TRS19 that sharp and clear with manual post processing and here it's done automatically for me.

the image is far too sharp
vs
I could never get TRS19 that sharp and clear

Looks like we need more PP options (or time for dev to provide the ability to tweak and save your own). :)

Where is TRS22.EXE?

I've been looking for the TRS22.EXE so I can launch the game again, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm searching through my files to see if I can find it, but if I cant soon enough, I might just have to do a full reinstall. Anyone know where I can find it?

Changelist (from TRS19 SP4):
This update is quite a major change under the hood from SP4. You should see that most the issues raised with the SP4 release are now fixed in this update.
One noticeable change is that the default Grid that has been the hallmark of creating a new route has now been replaced by a default Region ground texture.
You can use bulk update if you wish to switch back to the Grid (S20 will provide an option to switch modes from Grid, Wireframe and Ground Texture)
The derailments on loading certain sessions should be fixed.

I like the new default ground texture for new routes but could you consider a user defining the ground texture to be used? You can use bulk replacement but then any new added grids will use the original ground texture. I did look around for a setting but didn't see anything.

I've been looking for the TRS22.EXE so I can launch the game again, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I'm searching through my files to see if I can find it, but if I cant soon enough, I might just have to do a full reinstall. Anyone know where I can find it?

It's in the installation folder/directory. I just sent it to the desktop as a shortcut.

A red bug error when opening up a legacy route.

- <kuid:44179:60014> : Read error when loading item 0 (classID: mobs, assetID: <kuid:44179:60014>, worldListID:3 result: -3, read 41 bytes, expected 41)

<kuid:44179:60014> is world origin and is base, but obsolete. This is not included in TRS22, but is still installed in TRS2019.

Deleting missing assets and saving the route solved the problem, even though no missing assets were listed in the D-M-A interface.

I sent this in as a bug report because of the red-bug error message.

the image is far too sharp
vs
I could never get TRS19 that sharp and clear

Looks like we need more PP options (or time for dev to provide the ability to tweak and save your own). :)
That's the ticket, either or both would be great. Personal preference means people will want everything from movie star soft to 8k clarity. Hopefully nobody wants a return to 640x480 definition.

I also just discovered a cab view issue of being unable to see out the front window using a standard Auran cab. (G_class_freight Australia) and the textures are broken ( all black) on Davido's NR class.

I like the new default ground texture for new routes but could you consider a user defining the ground texture to be used? You can use bulk replacement but then any new added grids will use the original ground texture. I did look around for a setting but didn't see anything.

It’s per region, so create you own region (clone the current default) and include your own texture.

It’s per region, so create you own region (clone the current default) and include your own texture.

What is the point of forcing the user to start with a predetermined texture applied?

I've tried different regions when creating a route, makes no difference. The board is always covered in PBR Grass

Back