Interesting relic I found in a box.

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
Hi! As you may know, I'm from the DFW area and I like old trains and old railroading, so when I found this 1947 Union Terminal Company operating rulebook for Dallas, TX, I got excited. I dug a bit deeper and found a full map of the line around the station! What a goldmine! Maybe a future route coming? Here's some photos:

Front Cover

IMG-20211117-161400-1.jpg

Map of surrounding area:

IMG-20211117-161419-1.jpg

Hi! As you may know, I'm from the DFW area and I like old trains and old railroading, so when I found this 1947 Union Terminal Company operating rulebook for Dallas, TX, I got excited. I dug a bit deeper and found a full map of the line around the station! What a goldmine! Maybe a future route coming?

WOW ! That's a great find alright . This would make a real nice yard layout to do for Trainz, and you've got the goods to it ! There might be a local Railroad museum or a train modeling club that would be interested in seeing that.

WOW ! That's a great find alright . This would make a real nice yard layout to do for Trainz, and you've got the goods to it ! There might be a local Railroad museum or a train modeling club that would be interested in seeing that.

Ohoho, I've already done the trackwork :)

Screenshot-2021-11-25-111913.jpg

Very impressive Switching puzzle (yard) :cool:

I will say again, and again there is always this Print-less, Put in the Cloud idea, Paperless, save a Tree, Etc, and I get that and try to cut my use of finite resources around the globe.....;)

However, there are some things that really resonate with this old Boy, I still like Original Manuals and Large Books that show how something was designed, looked, back in the day........:p

Thank You for sharing the find.......;)

Very impressive Switching puzzle (yard) :cool:

I will say again, and again there is always this Print-less, Put in the Cloud idea, Paperless, save a Tree, Etc, and I get that and try to cut my use of finite resources around the globe.....;)

However, there are some things that really resonate with this old Boy, I still like Original Manuals and Large Books that show how something was designed, looked, back in the day........:p

Thank You for sharing the find.......;)

You're welcome!

Back