Thread: Interesting relic I found in a box.

Default Interesting relic I found in a box.

Hi! As you may know, I'm from the DFW area and I like old trains and old railroading, so when I found this 1947 Union Terminal Company operating rulebook for Dallas, TX, I got excited. I dug a bit deeper and found a full map of the line around the station! What a goldmine! Maybe a future route coming? Here's some photos:

Front Cover

Map of surrounding area:

[IMG][/IMG]

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    Hi! As you may know, I'm from the DFW area and I like old trains and old railroading, so when I found this 1947 Union Terminal Company operating rulebook for Dallas, TX, I got excited. I dug a bit deeper and found a full map of the line around the station! What a goldmine! Maybe a future route coming?
    WOW ! That's a great find alright . This would make a real nice yard layout to do for Trainz, and you've got the goods to it ! There might be a local Railroad museum or a train modeling club that would be interested in seeing that.
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Quote Originally Posted by JimDep View Post
    WOW ! That's a great find alright . This would make a real nice yard layout to do for Trainz, and you've got the goods to it ! There might be a local Railroad museum or a train modeling club that would be interested in seeing that.
    Ohoho, I've already done the trackwork

Awesome job DARTRider!
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

United States of America, New York, Allegany
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARTrider View Post
    Ohoho, I've already done the trackwork

Wow ! Looking good ! That'll make for some good switching sessions. You don't waste any time do ya......
    T:ANE Standard SP2 to SP3
    TRS 2012 build 61388

Thumbs up

Very impressive Switching puzzle (yard)

I will say again, and again there is always this Print-less, Put in the Cloud idea, Paperless, save a Tree, Etc, and I get that and try to cut my use of finite resources around the globe.....

However, there are some things that really resonate with this old Boy, I still like Original Manuals and Large Books that show how something was designed, looked, back in the day........

Thank You for sharing the find.......

Quote Originally Posted by blueodessey View Post
    Very impressive Switching puzzle (yard)

I will say again, and again there is always this Print-less, Put in the Cloud idea, Paperless, save a Tree, Etc, and I get that and try to cut my use of finite resources around the globe.....

However, there are some things that really resonate with this old Boy, I still like Original Manuals and Large Books that show how something was designed, looked, back in the day........

Thank You for sharing the find.......
    You're welcome!