anyone know what happened to diecastgalore ?

dangavel

I always used to look forward to the creations of diecastgalore as he is one of the few content creators who caters for eras I model , such as the 1940s 50s, all of a sudden he stopped posting stuff in Jan 2021, either content or posts in general, in addition to his content, he also seemed a nice guy , I do hope hes not a casualty of the pandemic , the discussion forum app indicates hes active but as we know that not always an indication that someone is alive and kicking, DCG if your are out there, let us know !

Last edited:
Still alive and well. On a self imposed hiatus from Trainz. I may ease back into creating a few things next year, it depends on all those surprises that lurk just beyond the horizon. Sometimes you start to become so entrenched in this stuff that you lose track of other stuff in life, likewise for that other stuff as well. I'm sure the creative bug will bite me again. I just really never know when...

I find taking breaks helps in creativeness . It's the idea files I have issues with . Hope your good , and enjoy your work .

Matt

Still alive and well. On a self imposed hiatus from Trainz. I may ease back into creating a few things next year, it depends on all those surprises that lurk just beyond the horizon. Sometimes you start to become so entrenched in this stuff that you lose track of other stuff in life, likewise for that other stuff as well. I'm sure the creative bug will bite me again. I just really never know when...

Nice to see you are ok, a break does us all a bit of good I had one a few months back, feel more enthusiastic now, anyway its good to know you are still among us !

Evening Sir Diecast,

Also glad to hear you are doing OK......

This world of ours, is definitely hectic and not full of fun surprises :eek:

There is a saying, IT THE PAUSE THAT REFRESHES" and sometimes, you need to stop and regroup, etc........:)

Will be here when your ready to come back into the group.......:wave:

Thank you for all the nice items you've made for us too!

Hey, I went looking for you simply to say - Wow, I love the beautiful coaches you made for the Empire Builder! I was actually looking for Empire State coaches when I found yours, and I put the brakes on and put together a consist full of your beautiful work, thank you so much. Those observation cars are just stunning, SO well done. (By the way, my various interests come and go as well, that's life.)

Hey, I went looking for you simply to say - Wow, I love the beautiful coaches you made for the Empire Builder! I was actually looking for Empire State coaches when I found yours, and I put the brakes on and put together a consist full of your beautiful work, thank you so much. Those observation cars are just stunning, SO well done. (By the way, my various interests come and go as well, that's life.)

In truth, that set was a long arduous labor of love. That being said, there were many flaws. But I am proud that they have aged well. I recently put the entire set into T22, and they seem to work just fine. I also created a complete NCL set and never released them. So many changes in Trainz, my stuff is really dinosaurish. So it's a little comforting to see it still even shows up!

I once stumbled upon images of your unreleased North Coast Limited set and thought it looked really good! For a little while I've been making content to cover the early Amtrak years (1971-early 80s.) That covers both the Rainbow and Phase I years. I've been showcasing some of my newer work in the "Show off your Reskins" thread in the screenshots board. I'm interested in your work too as part of the efforts to cover an important era of American trains and railroading history that honestly, still has a lot of equipment that has yet to be covered. Still the creator comes before the creations.

Back