How to activate walking cam

coalsootkid

I accidently found that a walking cam exists while trying to move a train inside a tunnel. I went to my settings and found there was no keybind for it so I gave it one but it still doesn't work. Is there a way or do I have to buy something for it to work?

With 2019 Platinum, it seems if I am either in Chase or Random, if I just go down and hit the ground, I end up in walking mode.

All you have to do is zoom in all the way with your mouse wheel and you will go into walking camera mode. I'm old and have to zoom in a lot to see minor details and it gets annoying going into that mode all the time. Hit escape to exit or try zooming out again.

Jacob

All you have to do is zoom in all the way with your mouse wheel and you will go into walking camera mode. I'm old and have to zoom in a lot to see minor details and it gets annoying going into that mode all the time. Hit escape to exit or try zooming out again.

Jacob

That doesn't work for me in session mode, only surveyor mode.

Is there any way to turn this off? I do a lot of surveyor work and am constantly getting into it when I zoom close. Irritating to the max. And, when you hit ESC to get out of it, you get tossed away from where you are focused.

Bill

Last edited:
I don't know if this would help, but I use TANE sp3 and have an asset called "Western man" who walks the tracks and you can see everything from his POV. Use invisible track also if you want him walking around town or in the woods. I'll get the kuid if you want it.

In TRS19 and TRS22, including the Plus versions, there's the Walking camera button on the cameras menu on the menu bar. With that, you can jump from the interior right out on to the ground if you want by going to the menu and clicking on the walk camera button.

In TRS19 and TRS22, including the Plus versions, there's the Walking camera button on the cameras menu on the menu bar. With that, you can jump from the interior right out on to the ground if you want by going to the menu and clicking on the walk camera button.
I checked, it is not there. I think from above, only applies to platinum or plus or gold membership. I have standard 2019

I don't know if this would help, but I use TANE sp3 and have an asset called "Western man" who walks the tracks and you can see everything from his POV.
Using the All Content filter, I entered "western man" in the search widget and got back 144 assets, most of which are "Person Western (Wo)Man" followed by a space, a number, and a capital letter. Most of the remaining items are various Pullman coaches. Two are "Western man" followed by "1" or "2" (no space), both by @Gary_Evans. Are any of these what you are referring to?

Using the All Content filter, I entered "western man" in the search widget and got back 144 assets, most of which are "Person Western (Wo)Man" followed by a space, a number, and a capital letter. Most of the remaining items are various Pullman coaches. Two are "Western man" followed by "1" or "2" (no space), both by @Gary_Evans. Are any of these what you are referring to?
The ones by Gary Evans are what I'm referring to. Let me know if you want the kuid number. Sorry I missed this post from earlier.

Does the old ALT+Y key work? There are other key combinations that work for different things but I've forgotten those.

The ones by Gary Evans are what I'm referring to. Let me know if you want the kuid number. Sorry I missed this post from earlier.
Thank you, but finding it isn`t a problem for me, now that I know what I`m looking for, but someone else might like to know that the kuids are <kuid2:101340:9525:1> and <kuid2:101340:9526:1>, so feel free to post them. Sorry for not noticing sooner? `Salrignt, `sok. `Sok, `salright. No biggy. At least you did notice. (y)

Back