Eastern Railroads

xman32

Is it me or is there a lackluster amount of eastern railroads (B&O,C&O,NYC) in the trainz games?
like there is only New York Central EMD F7 and a few steamers

You want Eastern RR F's? Check trainz-forge.com! They have LOADS of freeware eastern road stuff, PRR, NYC, you name it it's probably there!
You could always make your own as well.

Is it me or is there a lackluster amount of eastern railroads (B&O,C&O,NYC) in the trainz games?
like there is only New York Central EMD F7 and a few steamers

It is indeed just you.

I have REGISTERED versions of the program... you don't (at least at time of writing this). This is why I can see the plethora of content, and you cannot.

It's a great failsafe for our hardworking content creators.

I just love Eastern Trains!

I'm sorry if I come off as rude or demanding, Its just my favorite railroad is the Baltimore & Ohio. As a New Yorker, There is the Norfolk Sothern, CSX, and of course, the MTA. And if you are in the city, forget about it.;)

Seaboard Coast Line

Coming from Florida and born in the early 90s, I really wish I would have witnessed the history of the Seaboard era before the CSX merger. The locomotive schemes, the old semaphores and artifacts that the company carried throughout the earlier years. Makes me consider loving the Seaboard era much more just like I like the CSX era in the present. It has me inspired to make a route on Trainz on it soon, even though it'll be fictional and not based on realistic ciities, so that's something that i'll like to showcase soon once I get my T:ANE registered and starting acquiring the objects i'll need to make this a reality.

Kind regards,
Antotrainz

SEABOARD COAST LINE

qYS1rv5.jpg
HLx7c0z.png
qC3XQQq.png

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I come off as rude or demanding, Its just my favorite railroad is the Baltimore & Ohio. As a New Yorker, There is the Norfolk Sothern, CSX, and of course, the MTA. And if you are in the city, forget about it.;)

The response by the person above is because since you don't show registered software on your timeline (to the right of your forum name) he assumes you don't have a legal copy of game software. If you do have a legal copy get it registered please. It will show the version you have.

Since I grew up in the huge state of Texas, I'm more of a western railroader but a favorite eastern railroad is CSX in its earlier years, stealth, gray/blue and variations of that. Chessie comes at a close second and PRR right up on 2nd's tailgate.

Western Maryland, B&O, and the N&W

All three I missed but I still enjoy them a lot. Their signals are one of my big draws, then the locos, then the spots you could see them at. I live 5 minutes from CSX (Ex WM) and the charm is still there even if the power is more boring now.
3 pics from the 3 roads:
14102148596_31ebc8f61a_o.jpg

42142030845_cd825704fb_h.jpg

49657613537_3458f0060a_h.jpg

Whats your favorite railroad

Mine are the Utica & Black River RR, from the late 1800's that ran from Utica, NY up to the towns along the St. Lawrence River and over to Watertown, NY.
Also the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western , Utica Division that ran from Utica down to Binghamton, NY....with a spur from Richfield Jct eastbound around 20 miles to Richfield Springs, NY
And...The Great Western Railway, a short line in North Central Colorado.

Last edited:
Only one I ever rode was Northern Pacific North Coast Limited, Mainstreet of the Northwest, so that is my favorite. I also worked around the green and white Burlington Northerns a fair bit, so I like that too. My Dad worked for the Milwaukee Road Electric line when I was young, so that is on my list, and of course being in the Northwest US, I like Great Northern and Union Pacific a lot. I also have a Spokane, Portland and Seattle HO caboose I am fond of.

I grew up near the Boston and Maine Railroad for the first 5 years of my life. Their small Bradford (Haverhill) yard served the former Georgetown branch, was located across the street from our apartment, and was a mere shadow of its former self, and those remains only went a couple of miles to Haverhill Paperboard. Back then, there was enough traffic to require a switcher stationed at the yard and there were numerous passenger and freight trains on the mainline. My dad used to bring me over the fence to watch the trains in the valley below and one day I got a cab ride on the switcher.

In addition to watching the switching and through trains, I used take to Budd-liners to Boston from the nearby Bradford Depot. Once in Boston, we took the PCC trolleys and subways to various locations. I used to go to doctor's appointments down at the Children's Hospital which meant I got to ride the trolley both underground and above ground to Longwood Ave. I remember standing out at the Longwood Ave. stop and freezing in the winter as we waited for the trolley to come along. If we went into Cambridge to visit my grandparents, this was a different route. We would take the trolley from North Station over to Park Street where we took the Harvard subway, today's Red line. That line rises up and over the Charles River bridge and then down under ground again at Kendall Square. We would take that one more stop then walk to my grandparent's apartment. There were other trips such as one out to Forest Hills to visit family friends. We took the trolley from Lechmere all the to Forest Hills then took a bus. I was quite small, but I remember that clearly. Forest Hills is was also connected to the Boston Elevated and that was another trip at another time.

The coolest thing, though was seeing foreign power. During the late summer, there were long freights heading both north and south that were used in the potato season. These trains were long consists with locomotives from New Haven, Maine Central, B&M, and even the Pennsylvania. Sadly, this service ended in the 1970s when Penn Central came along and the potato industry switched to trucks due to the PCs unreliable service. During this time, right up in the late 1970s, I took trips to New York City and out to Long Island to visit my dad's relatives. Part of the trip was on the New England Thruway, or I-95 today, which parallels the New Haven mainline. Seeing the cool electric trains racing next to the highway from New Haven south, was the biggest highlight of my trip to New York, not counting my trips on the NYC EL. The New Haven back then was a busy multi-track mainline with numerous commuter trains, through expresses, and lots of freight activity all under wires.

It was these experiences, that got me hooked on trains and have been forever a strong hobby and passion of mine. It's because of these experiences, that I enjoy researching railroad lines and recreating them in Trainz. If it wasn't for Trainz, that would be absolutely impossible to do I think. My current project is the New York and Greenwood Lake with help of a friend of mine. His grandfather worked for the Erie, which owned the line, up until its demise in the mid-1920s when the Monksville Dam obliterated the mainline as it flooded the Wanaque Valley. We were talking about other things and I mentioned to him my interest in trains... The rest is history. He's now providing photos, and with the help of TransDEM, I've been able to reconstruct the line. Now we're working on finding assets that will work, as well as working out details on some locations that are impossible figure out due to "progress".

Last edited:
If you do have a legal copy get it registered please. It will show the version you have.

xman32,

It would also be helpful to know what version of Trainz that you're using when you're asking for help finding routes. If you're using older software, suggestions that use the latest version of Trainz won't do you any good.
Happy Trainzing

How do I register my games?

I see a lot of you are asking me to register my games. But... how do I do that?
Is there like a button or something?

BREAKING NEWS:

BREAKING NEWS: DUMB RAILFAN DOESN'T KNOW HOW FORUMS WORK AND CANT GET SCREENSHOTS TO WORK

BREAKING NEWS: DUMB RAILFAN DOESN'T KNOW HOW FORUMS WORK AND CANT GET SCREENSHOTS TO WORK

In order to post images, you need a image hosting website. And in order to post a video, you need a video hosting website, like YouTube.

Back