How would I release a reskin of the JR F7A template?

DARTrider

Goofy Fictional RR Owner
I've reskinned some JR F7A psd's into RI paint, and there's nothing on the site about releasing them, so what do I need to do to get them out? They have a custom horn of my own design and they also include the Trainz-Forge 16-567C enginesound and F-Unit cab from Trainz-Forge as well. Do I need to ask Trainz-Forge about the cab and enginesound as well?

Thank you!
(Shot of F units, there are 3)
2021-11-13-092249.jpg

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to ask about dependencies UNLESS you are distributing them within your download. If your cdp only has the loco itself it merely is just referencing the dependencies and you'd just link to the official Trainz Forge site something like
"For dependencies: [link to Trainz Forge]"

For releasing the reskin of the loco itself it's a matter of getting in contact with the author and asking for permission.
Hope this helps.

Look at the config of each item and see what it says. If it isn't clear then ask them. Most people are cool about it.

The CDP just references the dependencies. As for the locomotive itself, I'll PM the creator of the F7A's, who is this?

I'd hate to be a thread bumper here, but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Since JR has retired the F7 model and removed it from their site entirely (except the reskin kit), I'm also curious about their stance on reskins of these models. I have some skins in the works that I'd like to share, as long as I'm allowed to do so.

Matt

I'd hate to be a thread bumper here, but I'm kinda wondering the same thing. Since JR has retired the F7 model and removed it from their site entirely (except the reskin kit), I'm also curious about their stance on reskins of these models. I have some skins in the works that I'd like to share, as long as I'm allowed to do so.

Matt

Good thinking, I don't mind the thread bump too. His PM is full so this may take a while. I hope he can come in and tell us the guidelines.

Last edited:
Back