Picklist Reliability?

boleyd

As I understand PickLists the "master list" contains the references to the other "sub-lists". The master cannot be backed-up and recovered. Is that the case yet today? Then if true, does the loss of the "master list" also loose reference to all the "sub-lists"?

You can manage the contents of your pick-lists in Content Manager. In Content Manager, you can then highlight and copy, and then paste the lists into a text file. By copying the ASSET KUID list while keeping the KUID numbers and separated by commas (,), you can then import that KUID list back in to get your assets in your pick-lists. The pick-lists can then be easily recreated in Content Manager again by adding those assets to a new pick-list as needed.

Last edited:
I don't know what you mean by "Master List". except possibly the "Default List"?

I never used the "Default List" purely because it could not be backed up BUT in TRS19 SP4 it can be backed up so that problem has been removed.

Deleting the contents of the "Default List" does not delete or affect the other lists in any way that I have noticed.

The additional Picklists, the ones you create yourself, are not in any way "sub lists" of the "Default List". They are completely independent and of equal status. The only distinction is that the "Default List" is the one automatically selected when you first open the Picklist tool.

My opinions.

Last edited:
I did not know that it could now be backed up (SP4). I use it because of its convenience. I keep it exposed when I am modifying a route/scene. The most used items are one click away. Hundreds of others are only a few clicks away. I will immediately do a backup.

I did not know what the official title was for the "Default" list.

A big thanks for the backup info.

Back