Trainz Mesh Troubles

hholdenaz

Ever since I upgraded to TRS19 SP4, a model I own has this message:

- <kuid:481183:100062> : Failed to transcribe trainzmesh vertex format from S0_P3fN3fTg3fT02fT12f to S0_P3fN3fTg3fT02f
- <kuid:481183:100062> : TrainzMeshFile_Load> failed to load chunk (asset_body.trainzmesh)

does anybody know how to fix this glitch?

Last edited:
<kuid:481183:100062> is not on the DLS or built in to my copy of build 114800. Perhaps you will need to contact the asset creator.

There probably is a "fix" but as I have never seen those error messages before and since the asset is not on the DLS, or built in, then unless others have also downloaded it (from wherever), then that "fix" is not likely to be quickly forth-coming (but I could be wrong). The content creator is often the best first responder for content error messages.

That doesn't really answer my question: I just need to know if there's a fix

If there are both FBX and trainzmesh files present in the asset then you can probably delete the FBX files and that may work. Take a backup (cdp) first.

This, or a similar issue, has cropped up a few times in the Discord channels.

Having read the correspondence on this page, I decided it was time to move my SECR C class loco and tender (TANE Build) from TANE to TRS19.
I can confirm that you do need to delete any "FBX" files. There was also a typo in the config regarding the "kin" entry.
Having seen what the errors were in TRS19, I carried out the deletions/corrections in TANE then replacing the incorrect TRS19 cdps with the TANE corrected ones.
For whatever reason I was unable to carry out the corrections directly in TRS19 due to it stating "Unknown location" when trying to open the miscreant cdps.
The cdps concerned were "SECR C Class Black 6 Wheel Tender Bogey" <kuid:481183:100009> and "SECR C Class Bulleid Plain Black Cabview" <kuid:481183:100026>.
I realize my model is TANE but yours my be for TRS19 but I hope this info may be of some use.
Try also "open"----"preview asset" whilst in CM after any corrections at this can sometimes clear the "faulty" indication.

Cheers, evilcrow

And how am I supposed to fix it when I only see trainzmesh files in the file folder?

EDIT: Also, by kin, do you mean kind? I just want to know

In the config, the line shown in the mesh table reads; anim "bogey_scene.kin", however in the folder the ".kin" file reads "anim.kin". They both must have the same name.
If all you have in the main folder is "trainzmesh" files and nothing else, I would suggest you contact Camscott as suggested by post #6.

evilcrow

Now I'm not sure what to do: he still hasn't replied to the email I sent. I will admit the model is his RWS James from Sodor workshops but that's the only email I could find. I'm not sure how to contact hm for stuff related to his thomas content

AFAIK there is no easy fix. The error is complaining about some problem in one or more of the vertices in the mesh. A vertex is a position expressed in X, Y and Z coordinates and meshes commonly have thousands of them. There is a bundle of other stuff associated with vertices as well.

In simpler terms one would need the original source (Blender, Max, or others) to correct it which is why others have said to contact the author.

Perhaps the mesh has become corrupted somehow. If you have the original CDP then you might trying reinstalling it.

AFAIK there is no easy fix. The error is complaining about some problem in one or more of the vertices in the mesh. A vertex is a position expressed in X, Y and Z coordinates and meshes commonly have thousands of them. There is a bundle of other stuff associated with vertices as well.

In simpler terms one would need the original source (Blender, Max, or others) to correct it which is why others have said to contact the author.

Perhaps the mesh has become corrupted somehow. If you have the original CDP then you might trying reinstalling it.

I’ve done that several times, but no matter what it comes off like that.

Back