another annoying thing about surveyor

dangavel

Having been forced by circumstance to delete part of my route and merge parts together again, I've taken the opportunity to use one section to put up on the DLS, what IS really annoying is that the route still sees items that do not exist in the section that I've isolated,such as a cafe sign situated 50 miles away in another part of the route. in fact i think that often surveyor includes items that were placed once in the route and then deleted as I am sure that i have removed them and then they show up again. . i had this issue with the Timber Ridge route, especially when I merged other routes into it, not only did the replace items not work , but also delete missing items acted up on occasions , its a flipping nuisance to be chasing up unknown items that actually don't exist in the route anymore. Any one else come across this irritating phenomena ?

Not seen life but I suspect this.
What happens if you do "find" for that cafe sign?
Does the camera move?, if so, it must still have a reference.

After you deleted part of the route, did you do, delete missing assets?
or the very very dangerous option compact route? (careful ! try it on a copy only)

A similar thing when you place a switch or signal they get auto named
but if you remove 1, the old number don't seem to be reused.
I had a few times it was impossible to rename a switch.

then placing trains (they get a consist name+ number)
removing 1 it seems the name does not get reused.
it keeps counting as if the deleted one is still there.

This has been an issue since TANE. This was never an issue prior.

I always run DMA to clear up stuff after removing baseboards. This also fixes the weird issue with track objects not moving with the track.

Not seen life but I suspect this.
What happens if you do "find" for that cafe sign?
Does the camera move?, if so, it must still have a reference.

After you deleted part of the route, did you do, delete missing assets?
or the very very dangerous option compact route? (careful ! try it on a copy only)

A similar thing when you place a switch or signal they get auto named
but if you remove 1, the old number don't seem to be reused.
I had a few times it was impossible to rename a switch.

then placing trains (they get a consist name+ number)
removing 1 it seems the name does not get reused.
it keeps counting as if the deleted one is still there.
well I need the cafe sign when the whole route will be on the dls, so adding it and other items now as it will save time later, but its annoying that all these items are wanted and will be seen an unknown when on dls, something to put a lot of potential users off using it .

I am very careful about deleting missing assets, in my desire to now only use DLS items I've previously removed some assets I've had form jangos routes when creating the timber ridge and its caused issues with other routes, now i try to swap those assets for others of mine or the DLS before i delete them from CM . when starting i didnt even consider that items would not be available to others if not on DLS , it would have saved me a LOT of work if i'd taken that into consideration.

Back