How to remove TCCP Content Store Beta Test Packages

Christopher824

CDETrainz.com
As the title suggests,

How to remove TCCP Content Store Beta Tests Packages that no longer show in the Content Store or CS.

They are all marked 'Packaged, Payware (not active)' in CM

To remove the beta packages from the Trainz store on the launcher, just go into the DLC project you want don't want showing and click on hide package.
aJ2lOWk.png

This will be the closest you'll come to to removing it. I do this so I don't have the beta packages and I assign myself the public version instead.
When you want to create a new version, just unhide it from the same button.

Cheers

As the title suggests,

How to remove TCCP Content Store Beta Tests Packages that no longer show in the Content Store or CS.

They are all marked 'Packaged, Payware (not active)' in CM

Any installed beta test packages should still be visible at the bottom of the 'purchased' page of the Content Store. If not, you should be able to enter the DLC pack's ID ('betatest:###'), and it should then be displayed.

Once you see the DLC pack, either click on 'uninstall' or right click on the DLC pack then click on 'uninstall'.

This should then uninstall the DLC pack. Please note, larger DLC packs may take longer to uninstall.

Regards

Any installed beta test packages should still be visible at the bottom of the 'purchased' page of the Content Store. If not, you should be able to enter the DLC pack's ID ('betatest:###'), and it should then be displayed.

Once you see the DLC pack, either click on 'uninstall' or right click on the DLC pack then click on 'uninstall'.

This should then uninstall the DLC pack. Please note, larger DLC packs may take longer to uninstall.

Regards

In my TRS19 - 117009 rig
Unable to locate betatest:643 (Midwest Rails) in Content Store by your example.
I need to remove it because it updated a DLC mesh library kuid:134105:29400 to a Packaged item, and is now causing a TCCP error

In my TRS22+ rig, latest update today, unable to install betatest:900, will not download current package, ticket for Discrepency created on TCCP

This, IMO, the Content Store issues should be cleared up with official release of TRS22, so new users have a clean experience. I hope this information helps you achive that goal. Keep up the good work, I would never have imagined how far you would get from TS12 (10 years), and how much better it will get once 2.0 is fully up and running.

Last edited:
Hi Christopher824
Do you see the DLC pack listed at all if you enter the ID (ie betatest:643 ) into the search box? If so, what is shown on the button on the right?

Regards

To remove the beta packages from the Trainz store on the launcher, just go into the DLC project you want don't want showing and click on hide package.
aJ2lOWk.png

This will be the closest you'll come to to removing it. I do this so I don't have the beta packages and I assign myself the public version instead.
When you want to create a new version, just unhide it from the same button.

Cheers

Can you 'Unhide' it for maybe a day so I can see if it shows up in my Content Store, then it would probably allow me to delete, would also possibly uncover a bug in the store and TCCP system?

betatest:643 Midwest Rails

Last edited:
I did that - has been hidden for some time. Midwestern Rails has a new sc number since it was forgotten about and it might end up having another one as Zec signed up to beta test it and nothing progressed beyond that a few months ago.
mEUSzEH.jpg

What it does is that it hides on from your view but not from those that are beta testing / beta tested in the past. It basically helps with keeping the TCCP projects list clean.
So if you have a package called 589 in TCCP and on the projects list, you can hide this package on the TCCP website under the project and it'll hide it both on the TCCP projects list and the content store.
After beta testing the DLC on the content store will disappear when the next DLC authentication happens.

I'd suggest if the option isn't available to remove it from the content store, then go into where you have Trainz storing your content at and enter the packages folder. There select the file that's named 643 and delete it. Then issue a database update and it should remove the route and its dependencies.

Cheers

Still did not show up, so I found the 643 file and removed it. Had to re-download a bunch of DLS stuff, but everything back up and Midwestern Rails seems to be removed. I Submitted my project to build machine, waiting on the results.

Hi Christopher824
I'm still looking into this, however could you please confirm for me what build number your installation of Trainz has? The build number is shown on the bottom left corner of the initial launch screen.

Can you also please confirm for me approximately how long ago the beta test package was installed? Did you install any updates to Trainz after the beta test package was installed?

For Hiawathamr, this package will be processed when I'm able to. The very very large size of it has made it difficult to schedule testing tbh, due to the download time for it.

Regards

Zec,

The betatest:634 was removed manually. It was installed with TRS19 SP2 or SP3, it was a while ago

The other issue still persists with betatest:900, unable to install. Error states some assets were not included in download package. There is a discrepency ticket open on the TCCP site for it. I have redid the pacakage a few times now, and it shows up as Update in the Content Store, but wont complete. I have uninstalled, DBR, EDBR to no avail, others are experiencing same issue as noted in the beta. Had issue before and your team did something to fix it at kuid:5, build is now at kuid2:10

Back