I've revised the benchwork on my masterpiece layout.

JonMyrlennBailey

This is the latest 1/10 scale layout I've been laboring upon since July. There are a good number of months to go. I now use a solid wall 1 actual meter in height for the bench work. It has a nice molding trim at the top. It now looks much better than that two-part wall I used earlier on.

Grass House Base 14m 4,<kuid2:87158:2170:1> by angela
Stone retaining Wall clean with pillar,<kuid2:203201:20:1> by fsp
Ballast Spline Light,<kuid:73500:100109> by jrfolco

The ground is a grass texture. The ground is the floor of the layout. Spline ground materials cover dig holes along benchwork edges. There is various spline asphalt road content which can patch dig holes in paved texture ground too. This is a HUGE model layout covering about 2/3 of a section of real estate, about 400+ acres or 2/3 square miles. You would literally need a golf cart to drive around the benchwork it's so massive. The 10m wall for bench enclosure is thick and the Trainz cameras will render it well.

The mainline trackwork of the Squatch County Division and rural Highway 75 follow the benchwork around in that fat H shape. This way there are curves turning both right and left on this circuit. Trains hit up to 70 scale mph and 50+ scale is the speed zone for most of this layout with broad curves up to 2,200 scale feet in radius. I really wanted to open my trains up in speed and not have congestion on the layout. Drivable semi trucks run up to 55 scale mph on the layout's YARN 2-lane highway. There is a scenic railroad line for excursion trains also up on Hemlock Mesa that weaves all through the thick woods at a slug's pace. The stagecoach takes guests along the trail of the Buffalo River and a carriage takes guests along Lake Drummond to Groves Campground at the niorth end of the lake. The 1/10 lake is excess of 1 scale mile long. Humans could easly swim and drown in it.

joywwkz.jpg

gbvb6Bu.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my layout video so you can see the older awkward benchwork masonry in terms of cosmetics. It took me the past three days to make these walls look nicer as shown in the still picture above. Hope you had a Happy Halloween.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256_KMNO_Gg&t=4s

My 1/10 layout description:

Scale model layout began July 2021. Completed ___.

Horn sequence = 31.20 seconds.

Location: fictitious place in Pacific Northwest, United States of America. Squatch County, Mondaho.

Attractions: Hemlock and pine forests, lake and river. Mountains. Mesa. Rolling hills. Farm lands. Ranch. Dairy. Sawmill. Logging operations. Rural setting. Small town. Camping facility. Hunting scenes. Fishing scenes. Wildlife scenes. Excursion trains. Horse-drawn carriage rides. Helicopter. Long spiral railroad tunnel through fictitious Pine Mountain Range. Drivable semi trucks.

Fictitious Railroad: Prestonville District, Squatch County Division, Preston Railroad Company

Benchwork Height: 1 meter

Model Transportation Layout: Outdoors, 1/10th scale

Route Actual Area: 422.73 acres, 0.661 sq. miles, 0.661 sections (0.0183 US survey townships)

Length of One Complete Loop of Main Line about the Perimeter of the Benchwork: 1.832 miles, actual

Length of Mesa Branch Line including Extension: 1.375 miles, actual

Pine Mountains RR Tunnel Length, Portal to Portal: 1.898 scale miles, 1002.144 feet (actual)

Last edited:
how can I find your layouts??

Here is my layout video so you can see the older awkward benchwork masonry in terms of cosmetics. It took me the past three days to make these walls look nicer as shown in the still picture above. Hope you had a Happy Halloween.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256_KMNO_Gg&t=4s

My 1/10 layout description:

Scale model layout began July 2021. Completed ___.

Horn sequence = 31.20 seconds.

Location: fictitious place in Pacific Northwest, United States of America. Squatch County, Mondaho.

Attractions: Hemlock and pine forests, lake and river. Mountains. Mesa. Rolling hills. Farm lands. Ranch. Dairy. Sawmill. Logging operations. Rural setting. Small town. Camping facility. Hunting scenes. Fishing scenes. Wildlife scenes. Excursion trains. Horse-drawn carriage rides. Helicopter. Long spiral railroad tunnel through fictitious Pine Mountain Range. Drivable semi trucks.

Fictitious Railroad: Prestonville District, Squatch County Division, Preston Railroad Company

Benchwork Height: 1 meter

Model Transportation Layout: Outdoors, 1/10th scale

Route Actual Area: 422.73 acres, 0.661 sq. miles, 0.661 sections (0.0183 US survey townships)

Length of One Complete Loop of Main Line about the Perimeter of the Benchwork: 1.832 miles, actual

Length of Mesa Branch Line including Extension: 1.375 miles, actual

Pine Mountains RR Tunnel Length, Portal to Portal: 1.898 scale miles, 1002.144 feet (actual)

How can I find your layouts, please?? I've seen two mentioned now, but keep failing to find anything. I'd think just searching on your username in the Download Station would do it, but that doesn't work for me either.

Back